Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

5 hours ago, mwellhighland said:

What a crap set of questions. Are you happy to be here? How's your teammates? Are you ready to step up? Do you like the fans positive reaction?

Literally can only ever answer one thing to those.

Yup, and  he duly obliged with the expected dull responses. 

I wish him well, not against us of course, but can’t help thinking he looks like he should be stacking shelves in Tesco. 

Just so I'm clear on this.

The Motherwell fans are claiming that Celtic have faked the results of a medical to get a discount. Also saying that Turnbull and his agent are going along with it because surely they'd say something?

Please, please tell me that's what you believe [emoji3]

I know you guys are hurting but c'mon.

Don't think anything has been made up

Medical staff likely have identified something.

What wouldn't surprise me in the slightest is if it is a minor issue and Celtic are coming the c**t trying to push the fee down.

They'll then play the victim if Motherwell don't budge.

Edited by Richie

Needs to be sorted ASAP one way or another. 

Now news has broken all over media it is not helping Motherwell or more importantly Turnbull for all this conjecture. We need to act to ensure if the move to Celtic breaks down then if does not affect any future transfer. 

We should not budge on £3m+. If they want to delay a small % of that fee as an insurance then fine if he has got a problem. But if they are trying to reduce actual fee then we take him back now. Problem is the club will try to do right by Turnbull and won’t want an unhappy player on their books if it does not look like we tried to come to a mutually beneficial agreement. 

God knows which way it will go but I would like to see an outcome today as the silence is deafening and damaging in equal measure.

42 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Just so I'm clear on this.

The Motherwell fans are claiming that Celtic have faked the results of a medical to get a discount. Also saying that Turnbull and his agent are going along with it because surely they'd say something?

Please, please tell me that's what you believe emoji3.png

I know you guys are hurting but c'mon.

Don’t talk sh1te, but then why break the habit of a lifetime. 

1 hour ago, 18May1991 said:

Yup, and  he duly obliged with the expected dull responses. 

I wish him well, not against us of course, but can’t help thinking he looks like he should be stacking shelves in Tesco. 

I couldn't tell you the last time I watched a new signing video for us. 

"Are you excited to get started?" Well they're hardly going to say no, are they?

4 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

"Are you excited to get started?" Well they're hardly going to say no, are they?

Wes Fletcher: "Dunno, spose so."

28 minutes ago, Richie said:

Don't think anything has been made up

Medical staff likely have identified something.

What wouldn't surprise me in the slightest is if it is a minor issue and Celtic are coming the c**t trying to push the fee down.

They'll then play the victim if Motherwell don't budge.

I genuinely wouldn't put anything past Celtic.

Folk can scoff all they like, but this is a club who have for years actively pushed the notion that they are victims of institutionalised bias from the games governing bodies and match referees and caused a refereeing strike in 2010 because of this, just months after their manager vowed to "get in referees faces" and question any decision they didn't like and they then received a record number of penalties awarded that season. They even have had club backed films produced which support their warped theories. They also have the media dancing to their tune who will vilify anyone who in their eyes does them wrong and similar support in Scottish government....see the various Neil Lennon episodes over the years.

Don't underestimate Celtic's PR and clout. They are more than capable of 'finding' something wrong in Turnbull's medical to lower the fee and keeping everyone quiet about it, then they sign Turnbull for an 'undisclosed fee'. 

I've said it all along, they are a sinister outfit and they are running Scottish football for their own means.

This is a shambles.  While it's easy to say Motherwell should tell them to bolt, they're not going to walk away when there's still £3m+ on the table, and secondly you have to think of the player.  It's still some opportunity for him, and as it stands, it's the only one.

Celtic, considering the size of the club, have looked unbelievably amateur from just about start to finish.  From their pathetic tweets when they went in a huff, to the captain of the club putting out a sales pitch, their assistant manager then calling the player greedy followed by releasing pictures of Turnbull in a Celtic strip, four days before they found a problem with his medical.

I feel sorry for David Turnbull here, but the heads of the clubs really need to get this sorted, one way or another. 

26 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

Our new signing Ryan Hedges was asked "what type of player are you?" He replied with "I'l let the fans decide for themselves.

A maverick.

Edited by Merkland Red

3 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Our new signing was asked "what type of player are you?" He replied with "I'l let the fans decide for themselves.

A maverick.

I remember Ian Vigurs, when asked that question when he signed for us, answered "shit hot"

1 hour ago, thisGRAEME said:

Wes Fletcher: "Dunno, spose so."

You're trying to suggest that he wasn't absolutely BUZZING to be a Motherwell player?

maxresdefault.jpg

45 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Our new signing Ryan Hedges was asked "what type of player are you?" He replied with "I'l let the fans decide for themselves.

A maverick.

I already can't wait to see how this pans out for him. 

I think what everyone can agree on here is this needs sorted as soon as possible. This is starting to be a very bad look for both clubs.

Not to be dramatic but I would suggest the club give Celtic a deadline of this afternoon to agree to the original fee and if this cannot be resolved pull the plug on the deal. If we reduce the fee here there will be total uproar from the support and will be a major backlash.

From what I understand Turnbull has a minor meniscus tear. I'm not a doctor but from what i have been told this can require operation with an 8 week recovery period. If this is true and Celtic don't want to pay the fee, recall the player do the operation and Turnbull should be back in action some time in September. If he comes back into the squad and performs the way he did last season we will still get the same money.

This utter pish about Turnbull being a 'crocked' player and noone will touch him is nonsense. Players get injuries, this should not take a huge amount of the transfer fee. Other clubs will pay 3 million pounds for him when he recovers and performs at the level he can. The simple fact here is Liewell is using this to reduce the fee.

I like Kieran Tierney but it is utterly laughable Celtic are doing this when they want 25m for him. Tierney has has a more serious injury concern than David Turnbull.

We need this sorted out in the next day, and we need to get with our own pre season. This is all an unnecessary distraction from the lack of signings we have made.

Edited by Luke92

Guest Moomintroll
I think what everyone can agree on here is this needs sorted as soon as possible. This is starting to be a very bad look for both clubs.
Not to be dramatic but I would suggest the club give Celtic a deadline of this afternoon to agree to the original fee and if this cannot be resolved pull the plug on the deal. If we reduce the fee here there will be total uproar from the support and will be a major backlash.
From what I understand Turnbull has a minor meniscus tear. I'm not a doctor but from what i have been told this can require operation with an 8 week recovery period. If this is true and Celtic don't want to pay the fee, recall the player do the operation and Turnbull should be back in action some time in September. If he comes back into the squad and performs the way he did last season we will still get the same money.
This utter pish about Turnbull being a 'crocked' player and noone will touch him is nonsense. Players get injuries, this should not take a huge amount of the transfer fee. Other clubs will pay 3 million pounds for him when he recovers and performs at the level he can. The simple fact here is Liewell is using this to reduce the fee.
I like Kieran Tierney but it is utterly laughable Celtic are doing this when they want 25m for him. Tierney has has a more serious injury concern than David Turnbull.
We need this sorted out in the next day, and we need to get with our own pre season. This is all an unnecessary distraction from the lack of signings we have made.

Yep, the Poundshop Daniel Levy strikes again.