Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Pleased for Aldred, honestly one of my favourite defenders we have had in a while (with the exception of Kipre) He was totally no nonsense and done his job very well. All the best to him down under.

In regards to Hartley, I was a big fan of him when he came into the team. Unfortunately though since his injury he looks very very sluggish. Maybe after a good pre season he can come back and be an asset again but in his last few appearances for us he didn't look the same player.

Dunne and Gallagher looks a stick on. Dunne will give us his tremendous pace and Gallagher is much better technically so will be able to pass into the midfield rather than us just launching it hopefully

6 minutes ago, Antiochas III said:

Good to see Tanner moving and kicking a ball in today's action shots without breaking down.    

after making that pass he ran into the post and is out for another year :P

1 minute ago, Gianfranco said:

The wee bit about finding a solution for both parties sounds suspicious. If Celtic have the brass neck to try and reduce the transfer fee then no deal and we’ll keep him if that’s the case.

Exactly.

If they try to negotiate down, pull the plug on the deal.

Agree with [mention=39580]Desp[/mention]. The assumption on my part was that we'd stick with a back 4 and Gallagher alongside Dunne looks the obvious pairing.
If we're looking at an alternative shape where needs be (we never really  had one in the 2nd half of last season, it was almost exclusively 433) then the 352/3412 could come into play:
Gillespie
Gallagher Hartley Dunne
Tait Campbell Sloth Carroll
Polworth
Long Johnson
My question with Hartley was really how much he'd expect to play. At the moment he still looks like a back up centre half.
Fwiw: I'd be absolutely fine with Hartley sticking around as given the amount of work that still needs done in the final third having to recruit a competent centre back who'd be happy sat on the bench as cover seems like an additional bawache.

"Long Johnson"

Haha

Funnily enough the tweet was removed when it was suggested  that Motherwell's lawyers look at it.

What was said in that tweet?

Edit: never mind, just scrolled up and saw the Rick James gif. I get the jist.

8 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Wouldn't be a great look for Motherwell if this turned out to be true.

Correct. It would be a fucking fantastic one. 

Looking forward to John Kennedy's next press conference.  He'll surely know a thing or two about a failed medical.