Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

18 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
22 minutes ago, MJC said:
So basically you just listen to gossip rather than forming an opinion based on experience. Your 'opinion' is therefore worthless to me.

It was not gossip, I am not about to name these people but they are highly credible & have no reason to make shit up. Davie Cooper was not exactly shy about his dislike of theyum back in the 80s.

"It wisny gossip, somebody who I don't want to/can't name telt me bad things aboot this person"

If that isn't gossip then I don't know what is. Nae bother Isa. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I personally couldn't give a f**k whether Davie Cooper disliked people because of any particular religion or not, he is a club legend for us and was an integral part of us winning our last major trophy in 1991 so that's good enough for me.

And I say that as someone who is of the same religion that you and your sweety wife pals claim that he hated.

Edited by MJC

Guest Moomintroll
"It wisny gossip, somebody who I don't want to/can't name telt me bad things aboot this person"
If that isn't gossip then I don't know what is. :rolleyes:
Anyway, I personally couldn't give a f**k whether Davie Cooper disliked people because of any particular religion or not, he is a club legend for us and was an integral part of us winning our last major trophy in 1991 so that's good enough for me.

And I say that as someone who is of the same religion that you and your sweety wife pals claim that he hated.
Let us close this chapter, I like the player, I do not like the man.

I’d happily take Lafferty. Exactly the type of number 9 that would work well in our system, and if his scoring record at Fir Park is anything to go by he’ll score a load.

Yeah, he’s a bit of a helmet but we haven’t really have a pantomime villain in the team since Bowman left (maybe Hartley?) and a bit of seeth is always good fun.

Erwin would be an interesting one. Obviously lost his way a bit and everyone could have told him the Iran move would have been a disaster. The article posted above suggest the penny has dropped a bit and with his previous relationship with Robbo, I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s on the radar.

Anyone who wouldn't take Lafferty at FP is off their rocker, or else blinded by his Rangers connection. The guy clearly has ability and has proved that he can score goals at our level. He would be a tremendous signing for us.

3 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

If the scouts haven't identified anyone who fits the model of a young guy in the English lower leagues that we can develop and punt on again in a few years, and the more ambitious targets like Shankland and Doidge are out of our price range, then I think Lafferty is a very very good stopgap for a few years, until another Louis Moult or Marvin Johnson is available. 

Mental that folk want to knockback a guy proven at this level who's been a success at better teams than Motherwell for pretty much his entire career when the alternative is likely a complete punt or another Connor Sammon.

If Scott is really as good as the club potentially think he is, then a few years training and playing alongside another lanky freak of nature with 70 odd international caps and experience of a much higher level probably wouldn't be a bad thing too.

I've always thought that Lafferty was a horrible cheating b*****d of a player - but is he any more so than Scott McDonald, who would justifiably be seen as a legend at our club? If we got a chance to have Lafferty, I'd happily have him - especially as every time I saw him he was scoring really good goals against us.

Big Erwin, probably not so much unless he was playing for next to nothing....

Guest Moomintroll
Anyone who wouldn't take Lafferty at FP is off their rocker, or else blinded by his Rangers connection. The guy clearly has ability and has proved that he can score goals at our level. He would be a tremendous signing for us.
Would take him at Rugby Park anytime, horrible awkward fucker who scores goals & winds up the opposition, what's not to like.

2 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
8 minutes ago, MJC said:

Would take him at Rugby Park anytime, horrible awkward fucker who scores goals & winds up the opposition, what's not to like.

I dunno, a wee woman in the shop I buy rolls from told me that he eats catholic babies. 

But as a footballer, he'd be great for the side he plays for. The type of player you love if he plays for your team yet hate if he plays against you.

Guest Moomintroll
I dunno, a wee woman in the shop I buy rolls from told me that he eats catholic babies. 

But as a footballer, he'd be great for the side he plays for. The type of player you love if he plays for your team yet hate if he plays against you.
Typical of him if you ask me. Like you said though, he is one of those players you hate until he signs for you, then he has always been a paragon of virtue.

17 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
23 minutes ago, MJC said:

He doesn't score that much.

For Rangers his average was higher than a goal every four games, and his most prolific season at this level, away from a title winning Rangers side, was 10 goals.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

He doesn't score that much.

For Rangers his average was higher than a goal every four games, and his most prolific season at this level, away from a title winning Rangers side, was 10 goals.

He scored 13 in a pretty turgid Hearts team, and scored pretty regularly when he got the chance at Rangers. He's got a poor scoring record in the English championship but when he's been first choice at this level/Serie B he's been solid enough that I'd back him for us. Staunch as f**k too.

2 hours ago, Moomintroll said:

You can swop out everything you have just said there about the other arse cheek & the same holds true. Not a fan of people rejoicing in the death of anyone but that particular person would hate me simply because of my religion, i find that incredibly pathetic.

You read a lot about Davie Cooper on Rangers-focussed social media sites but I have never once noticed him included in The Panoply of the Staunch or heard any religiously-oriented remarks attributed to him.  I think you dropped a bollock here.

OTOH I do despise you but not because of your religion.  You compared me to a barely-literate, G&G-supporting gonk on another thread and that is unforgivable!

On the subject of Lafferty - I'd avoid at all costs.  For Lafferty to thrive you need a Naismith-like midfielder to get the best out of him as evidenced by his first time with us and his time at Hearts.  Unless you've a bloke who can lay a pass on a plate to him he's a big useless fucker who huffs and puffs to no great effect.

Guest Moomintroll
You read a lot about Davie Cooper on Rangers-focussed social media sites but I have never once noticed him included in The Panoply of the Staunch or heard any religiously-oriented remarks attributed to him.  I think you dropped a bollock here.
OTOH I do despise you but not because of your religion.  You compared me to a barely-literate, G&G-supporting gonk on another thread and that is unforgivable!
On the subject of Lafferty - I'd avoid at all costs.  For Lafferty to thrive you need a Naismith-like midfielder to get the best out of him as evidenced by his first time with us and his time at Hearts.  Unless you've a bloke who can lay a pass on a plate to him he's a big useless fucker who huffs and puffs to no great effect.
Yeah sorry about that Kincy, we appear to be getting such a midfielder from Man City but I don't realistically believe Lafferty will be coming anywhere near us.

Guest Moomintroll
PS do you really despise me? I feel somewhat hurt.

27 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
54 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

PS do you really despise me? I feel somewhat hurt.

Davie Cooper's a bigot and I'm comparable to a weapons-grade G&G wardrobe?

Not a good day at the office for you, M77.

Guest Moomintroll
Davie Cooper's a bigot and I'm comparable to a weapons-grade G&G wardrobe?
Not a good day at the office for you, M77.
I'm away in a huff now.

1 hour ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

He scored 13 in a pretty turgid Hearts team, and scored pretty regularly when he got the chance at Rangers. He's got a poor scoring record in the English championship but when he's been first choice at this level/Serie B he's been solid enough that I'd back him for us. Staunch as f**k too.

Which is why he is more likely to end up at Hearts rather than at Well.

I very much doubt we could meet his wage demands and Hearts could and probably will. 

More likely Erwin and I would not be agin giving him another chance as I was sorry to see him leave. 

4 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Constructive criticism is always acceptable you take it to a whole different level,your disliking Celtic is also on a whole different level.
You have no tolerance for anything Celtic which in turn makes you a bigot.

I wasn't aware Celtic was a religion. 

Erwin fell out with Robinson when he was Oldham manager, I’m sure if you look Erwin was frozen out towards the end of Robinson’s time there. So I can’t see that one happening. 

I quite liked him but given we’ve lost over 20 goals between Hastie and Turnbull, we kind of need a striker who can you know, score goals. Easier said than done I appreciate and as I’ve said from the start, it’ll probably be the hardest position to fill this summer. 

As such, I’d happily take a punt on big staunch Kyle. Probably just internet nonsense but after we signed McCormack in January, I wouldn’t rule anything out. 

Edited by Casagolda