Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Just a little disheartened? You’re saying stuff like ‘fcuk Turnbull’, when, as others are saying, Motherwell are powerless to stop it, and at least the lad signed an extension, allowing MFC to bring in over three million quid.

Obviously saying I'm "a little disheartened" is an understatement, but then again I thought that would be obvious.

Motherwell were powerless to stop this and I don't blame them one bit, indeed, they have conducted themselves well throughout this saga and done very well to get such a good fee. No blame can be attached to the club here. I don't blame the player either, he's a 19 year old lad who's got the chance of a lifetime to make life changing money and join a club where he will win trophies and probably play in the Champions League. No one can realistically expect him to knock that back to stay at Motherwell.

However, as I said, I hate Celtic and if a Motherwell player leaves us to join them then I will say nothing other than "f**k him". 

And now we move on.

6 hours ago, MJC said:

f**k him, he gets no good wishes from me joining those b*****ds and to anyone that upsets, tough...put it in your pipe and smoke it. Any other club I would have been fine with, but not that shower.

I will seriously need to consider avoiding the first home of the season against that lot, as no doubt the usual mugs in our support will applaud him, then he'll score and we'll have to listen to their hoardes singing One David Turnbull or whatever. I think I'd blow a fucking gasket.

As a club we need to forget about Turnbull and move on to the new season.

You would have had a strauner if he signed for Rangers.

Just now, eez-eh said:

You would have had a strauner if he signed for Rangers.

I wouldn't have been over the moon about it but it certainly wouldn't have bothered me as much as I don't have the same dislike for Rangers as I do Celtic.

It would still have been a hard watch to see him play against us as it was when Jamie Murphy played and scored against us for Rangers a couple of seasons ago.

So here we are at 5pm when he was pictured in a Celtic shirt a few hours ago.

Why has it not been announced yet ? 

Probably on his way to talk to Southampton or Newcastle 

Put us out of our misery........so we can move on....

17 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I doubt you ever will you seething little orclet. Pleasing. :)

Just like you and your ilk have never moved on from Mo Johnston doing the dirty on you thirty years ago. I was young at the time so didn't get to fully appreciate it in all its glory, but if the teary eyed, snottery nosed outpouring that followed Brendan Rodgers ditching you lot for Leicester back in February was anything to go by, it would have been pretty special for any Celtic hater back in 1989.

43 minutes ago, welldaft said:

So here we are at 5pm when he was pictured in a Celtic shirt a few hours ago.

Why has it not been announced yet ? 

Probably on his way to talk to Southampton or Newcastle 

Put us out of our misery........so we can move on....

Tbh, from Motherwell's POV schedule the announcement for 6pm and mute all notifications IMO.

9 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I almost want Turnbull to score against us to annoy MJC

Whatever floats your boat. 

I almost want you to repeat that comment on the next podcast, just so I can get a mention. 

But that would be pretty sad, wouldn't it?

I almost want you to repeat that comment on the next podcast, just so I can get a mention. 
Why has this got you so angry, is it because the ***'s couldn't afford 3 million ?

8 minutes ago, Romeo said:
1 hour ago, MJC said:

Why has this got you so angry, is it because the ***'s couldn't afford 3 million ?

This has nothing to do with them.

I'm angry because he has signed for a club which I absolutely despise. 

It's that simple.

5 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Just Twitter chat at the moment as far as I can tell but there are some rumours linking us with Kyle Lafferty.

Tbf we've been linked with him pretty regularly since Robinson's been at the club. N. Ireland ting and that.

I seem to remember there being a fair amount of chat on SO about us signing him before he ended up at Hearts. I think there was also mention over there earlier in this window when the speculation about Gerrard binning him was in the press. It may in fact have been one of the posters on here that was saying he'd heard Lafferty had been in touch with Robinson.

I'm no fan of the staunchness but I'm all for us signing the lanky freakshow (subject to T&Cs).

Edited by capt_oats

8 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Just Twitter chat at the moment as far as I can tell but there are some rumours linking us with Kyle Lafferty.

He'd be a great signing for us. A proven goalscorer in the Scottish Premiership with two different clubs (or three). At 32 years of age he's obviously a veteran but I certainly think he could do a job for us for a season or two.

I can't see it though.

Apart from the fact that at the very least stop him scoring against us if he went to another club I'd say Lafferty fits squarely in our recruitment market/model:

• Robinson knows/has worked with him before
  • Apparently he's been told he's surplus to requirement at his current club and free to leave
  • We're in the market for a first pick #9. Specifically one who'll occupy centre backs and run channels.

The only obvious issue is wages and the fact he's under contract at Rangers but if you throw the fact that we should be talking to them about compensation for Hastie at the moment then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As an aside we've got folk who apparently "won't be back" because Turnbull's going to Celtic, "won't be back" if we sign Lafferty and folk who are still raging because Hastie's gone to Rangers...it's absolutely fucking exhausting tbqh.

29 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

We're surely due another Turnbull plot twist in the next hour or so?

Incidentally, I wonder if the delay with the player we were supposed to be announcing today (per Alan Burrows on Twitter) is connected to Turnbull not having been announced by Celtic yet.

Edited by capt_oats