Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Guest Moomintroll
We paid around £3 million for kouassi he hasn't kick a ball even outwith some of his injuries.
Celtic play over 60 games a season if he signs for me there will be two options out on loan or taking the work load off other midfielders.
If he gets 20 first team games he will be doing well.
Looking at the impact he had with Motherwell & with,no disrespect, significantly better players around him I believe he is worth more than that. He is a standout in terms of technical ability & his goal threat from outside the box will be enhanced playing for a team that has the majority of possession. Him leaving Motherwell has significantly weakened one of our rivals for a top 6 place which pleases me but I really hope he gets plenty of games as I think he is a real prospect for the National team.

Guest Moomintroll
For a variety of reasons.
- as a Motherwell fan, they are the club with the support whom I have suffered most grief from. I find their support, particularly their travelling support far more intimidating and prone to violence than any other in Scotland
- as a club, we have lost more players to Celtic than Rangers over the years - it's happening again here. Naturally that annoys me.
- I have nothing but contempt for a club who's support regularly sing about the death of a former Motherwell FC player 
- I hate them for their faux victim mentality, which they shove in everyone's faces with one hand, yet use the other to shove their sense of entitlement and arrogance in everyone's faces. They use this to bully and manipulate everyone in Scottish football and it works for them. They portray themselves as downtrodden victims yet on the other hand smash up away stands, carry out political demonstrations for any left wing cause they decide to hijack for their own attention seeking means. And they get away with it all 
Celtic FC are the playground bully of Scottish football and they have shat on the club I support time and time again over the years, therefore I will wish no player well who leaves us for them and I don't care if the sale nets us £3M or £10M.
Thanks for clearing that up.

31 minutes ago, MJC said:

Frankly, I couldn't care less.

He's leaving us for Celtic, a club I despise. I don't wish him anything but failure, the same as I did with Tom Boyd, Phil O'Donnell, Scott McDonald or Stephen Pearson before him. 

I bet you're a right laugh at parties. 

14 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
31 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:
We paid around £3 million for kouassi he hasn't kick a ball even outwith some of his injuries.
Celtic play over 60 games a season if he signs for me there will be two options out on loan or taking the work load off other midfielders.

Looking at the impact he had with Motherwell & with,no disrespect, significantly better players around him I believe he is worth more than that. He is a standout in terms of technical ability & his goal threat from outside the box will be enhanced playing for a team that has the majority of possession. Him leaving Motherwell has significantly weakened one of our rivals for a top 6 place which pleases me but I really hope he gets plenty of games as I think he is a real prospect for the National team.

I agree with the last bit,I don't doubt his potential he was the main man at motherwell last season and he will have a better chance if Ntcham leaves.
Lennon likes forward thinking players on the park he may even go 2 up top so that would give Turnbull less of a chance.
I fully expect Brown to play less games with McGregor and Forrest to be his main stays and i still think Biton has a role to play as a sitting midfielder.
Turnbull will need to take his chance like Christie did last season, I hope he makes the grade.

Guest Moomintroll
I agree with the last bit,I don't doubt his potential he was the main man at motherwell last season and he will have a better chance if Ntcham leaves.
Lennon likes forward thinking players on the park he may even go 2 up top so that would give Turnbull less of a chance.
I fully expect Brown to play less games with McGregor and Forrest to be his main stays and i still think Biton has a role to play as a sitting midfielder.
Turnbull will need to take his chance like Christie did last season, I hope he makes the grade.

He deserves the chance, especially if/when Ntcham goes. f**k having him come off the bench & using his movement/skills at a tiring defence in the last 20 minutes. He clearly has the hunger & desire to improve himself which is more than can be said for a few freeloaders in your current team, this is not good news for the rest of us.

15 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

He deserves the chance, especially if/when Ntcham goes. f**k having him come off the bench & using his movement/skills at a tiring defence in the last 20 minutes. He clearly has the hunger & desire to improve himself which is more than can be said for a few freeloaders in your current team, this is not good news for the rest of us.

I see there is leak pictures with Turnbull wearing his Celtic top so looks like a done deal.
Celtic are very close to fielding an all Scottish first eleven all we need is a centre half.

Edited by wastecoatwilly

Over £3m with a sell on clause for a player with only 30 odd first team appearances is great business. 

Unfortunate its to an old firm club, but that's the way it goes.

Hes obviously talented, and had a great half + season, but if he was that next level, once in a generation type player, then wouldn't he have made the breakthrough before now?  Wouldn't big clubs from down south etc have snapped him up when he was playing youth football?  Were any of his standout games match winning performances against the top two?

I genuinely don't know, as I've only seen him a few times. Interested to hear the views on whether any Motherwell fans think he's possibly slightly overhyped?

I'll be pleasantly surprised if he becomes a first team regular this season if he does go to Celtic.

I don’t blame the lad for choosing Celtic. I just wish he had not so we could avoid the goals he will no doubt score against us in the future. That said Celtic would have had someone else. 

Plus it is maybe too early for him to move south as he is only 19. 

Bottom line is Celtic have a very talented player and one that could develop into one of the best Scottish midfielders in years to come. He might not, but I have sense he will as he is level headed. And when you factor in they paid similar amount for Kouassi it is a no brainer. 

I am very surprised that there was not any other interest from down south. They are just paying silly money for players that have not had similar impact as Turnbull. Yes I know different leagues etc. But there you have it. 

We clear our debt and look to develop next David Turnbull. 

Final note on this is he did sign a contract extension when he did not have too. We have taken in a record fee so as much as it sticks in the craw he does not deserve any grief from Well fans even though he inevitably will when we play Celtic. 

52 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Like Lewis Morgan? He and Hendry must be regretting moving to Porkheid. 

Turnbull will have to fight for a place on the bench if Lennon has a fit squad to choose from. 

He's bottled the chance to play in one of the Europe's toughest leagues and taken the easy money instead.

Totally unimpressed!

Glad this is finally over.

Not the move most Well fans or, I suspect, the player himself wanted but a club our size cannot argue with £3+ million pounds for a player that's barely had 3/4 of a season in the first team.

I bear the boy no ill will in the future, but as his association with Motherwell is ending, so does my interest in him.

Hopefully we can now bring in some sort of quality now or this could be just another one of those seasons.

We're supposedly announcing a striker today, but that may get pushed back until all the furore over Turnbull has settled.

Guest Moomintroll
I don’t blame the lad for choosing Celtic. I just wish he had not so we could avoid the goals he will no doubt score against us in the future. That said Celtic would have had someone else. 
Plus it is maybe too early for him to move south as he is only 19. 
Bottom line is Celtic have a very talented player and one that could develop into one of the best Scottish midfielders in years to come. He might not, but I have sense he will as he is level headed. And when you factor in they paid similar amount for Kouassi it is a no brainer. 
I am very surprised that there was not any other interest from down south. They are just paying silly money for players that have not had similar impact as Turnbull. Yes I know different leagues etc. But there you have it. 
We clear our debt and look to develop next David Turnbull. 
Final note on this is he did sign a contract extension when he did not have too. We have taken in a record fee so as much as it sticks in the craw he does not deserve any grief from Well fans even though he inevitably will when we play Celtic. 
That contract point cannot be ignored, Kris Boyd & Steven Naismith funded our youth set up for years by waiving or donating contractual obligations.David Turnbull appears to have done the same for your team by signing that contract, good luck to him.

Guest Moomintroll
Like Lewis Morgan? He and Hendry must be regretting moving to Porkheid. 
Turnbull will have to fight for a place on the bench if Lennon has a fit squad to choose from. 
He's bottled the chance to play in one of the Europe's toughest leagues and taken the easy money instead.
Totally unimpressed!

I might be wrong but I think he will do more than that, he is better than Christie & has more potential than McGregor and will not be injured as much as Bitton or Rogic.

12 minutes ago, WeeMentalDavie said:

Done deal.IMG_20190621_123248.jpg

With Celtic's totally competent board I am sure that nothing could ever go wrong with taking pictures of a player in a Celtic shirt before the deal is 100% done, I mean nothing at all...

image.png.603e9a400cc43072a9e203d866aec2a0.png

Anyways assuming the board of 2019 don't completely f**k it up a la board if 1989 then I look forward to seeing Turnbull in a Celtic shirt, could add a lot of dynamism to the midfield, allowing Brown to play a more holding role

1 minute ago, senorsoupe said:

With Celtic's totally competent board I am sure that nothing could ever go wrong with taking pictures of a player in a Celtic shirt before the deal is 100% done, I mean nothing at all...

image.png.603e9a400cc43072a9e203d866aec2a0.png

Anyways assuming the board of 2019 don't completely f**k it up a la board if 1989 then I look forward to seeing Turnbull in a Celtic shirt, could add a lot of dynamism to the midfield, allowing Brown to play a more holding role

Fecking hell I've still got that top don't think it still fits thou.

1 hour ago, MJC said:

Can we keep this on topic please? If anyone wants to go down the Rangers route I'll happily go to a Rangers thread with you and we can discuss them there, this is the Motherwell FC thread and something I take seriously, so keep to the point eh?

14 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Hopefully we announce Gboly today. That would cheer me up.

Can't be overlooked that the fact we gave Turnbull the #7 knowing he was away means we're looking for a first pick right winger. #numberpolis

#7, #9 and #11 to fill...plus I still think there's a bit of work to do in terms of depth.

Gboly's still in Lagos btw. His IG story with his pal giving it a bit of Zanku Legwork in a 'well top was a strong image.

Still though...

giphy.gif

Edited by capt_oats