Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Guest Moomintroll

Really looking forward to John Kennedy turning 560 degrees and saying he’s looking forward to working with him now.

Meanwhile if these moonunit, faceless Celtic accounts could step the f**k out of my mentions that would be swell.
Honestly, they have such a brass neck, they will blame you for anything, Romeo & wasteofspacewilly are the worst. gannonball & magee (I know, but he does), talk a lot of sense.

No renaming of Motherwell stands. 

I think he is a great player, but in many ways he has actually managed (if this goes through) to piss off both sets of fans. No mean feat. 

I hope he is successful, but only because we have a sell on clause, but will still be sick if Celtic sell him for £10m + 

Shit happens but would have been happier had he played down south. 

Edit to add - tomorrow is another day so look forward to him signing for Southampton !!

Edited by welldaft

Wasn’t convinced by reports saying it’s only about the money but definitely looking like that now. Bit disappointing that money matters more than testing himself at a higher level, from a Scotland perspective anyway.

1 minute ago, eez-eh said:

Wasn’t convinced by reports saying it’s only about the money but definitely looking like that now. Bit disappointing that money matters more than testing himself at a higher level, from a Scotland perspective anyway.

according to the link posted its about football

I await Romeo doubling down on how it was Celtic who pulled the first offer from Turnbull and not Turnbull knocking back Celtic.

Should be interesting on how he spins it given Celtic have now caved and evidently offered better terms to a player he insinuated that they willfully pulled back from as they didn't really want him anyway. :lol: 

Should be interesting on how he spins it given Celtic have now caved and evidently offered better terms to a player he insinuated that they willfully pulled back from as they didn't really want him anyway. :lol: 

Have they, where are you reading that?

David Turnbull’s move to Celtic is back on after a sensational twist in his on/off transfer saga.

The 19-year-old spent the day in talks with English Premier League new boys Norwich City after the Canaries matched the Hoops’ £3million offer for the midfielder.

But despite being impressed by the club and the deal on the table - significantly more than the Scottish champions were offering - Record Sport understands he feels Celtic are his best option from a football perspective rather than financial one.

Talks have now re-opened between Peter Lawwell and Turnbull ’s agent Liam O’Donnell and are believed to have been positive, after the deal appeared dead on Monday.

Sources close to the deal told Record Sport : “David was blown away by the people at Norwich, by what they had to offer and by the pathway they have for their young players. They made him feel really welcome.

“But right now, at 19, he feels Celtic is the right football move for him - and that’s the most important part of any decision he makes.”