Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, dezz said:

Both absolute winners for my money...that being said, the sponsor could make or break them.

I love strips with no sponsor - shame it's not feasible to offer them like that. 

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

That away kit is unreal. 

1 hour ago, Dele said:

Cracking away strip. Don't ruin it Mr sponsor. 

49 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Lovely away strip that.

Lovely kits, especially the away.
I mocked this up in March/April 2018 and posted it on my Twitter page. Pretty much identical to the new away, my invoice is in the post Motherwell. 🙄

image.png

Lovely kits, especially the away.
I mocked this up in March/April 2018 and posted it on my Twitter page. Pretty much identical to the new away, my invoice is in the post Motherwell. [emoji849]

image.png.132c0d8abbaa3cdca9c447bfa98a5098.png

Love this.
I’m due supporting Motherwell so I can buy this🤣

13 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Looking at those squad numbers I take it Jimmy Scott, Barry Maguire and Adam Livingstone have all been promoted to the first team then? Maybe Semple too?

Carroll running the risk of Stevie Hammell's curse. Bold move taking the #3.

Hopefully, fully on board with more of the young team getting there chance and it’s genuinely the right route for the club to go down. 

You’ve got to think(hope anyway) they’ve got someone in mind they’re holding onto that no 9 for as well.

A 15 goal a season striker, Gboly back and Turnbull on loan isn’t too much to ask for is it?

30 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

Hopefully, fully on board with more of the young team getting there chance and it’s genuinely the right route for the club to go down. 

You’ve got to think(hope anyway) they’ve got someone in mind they’re holding onto that no 9 for as well.

A 15 goal a season striker, Gboly back and Turnbull on loan isn’t too much to ask for is it?

Aye, the fact we have 3 spots open and the #9 and #11 on hold gives a bit of reassurance that there are at least 2 first team players still to sign. Hopefully that means people can get off Long's case for a bit.

Going by his IG Gboly's in Lagos at the moment. It's been mentioned before but the fact the club/Burrows have been so open about our interest in him is a bit odd. In fairness, everything that's been said has been caveated with an acknowledgement that 'it's complicated' but it's unusual for us to be so openly mad keen. 

Seeing the squad list laid out like that it looks fucking huge though 23 of those 38 are 21 or under so it's probably a bit misleading in that respect.

I'd also say there are probably still question marks over Hartley, Johnson and (definitely) Tanner tbf.

Edited by capt_oats

1 minute ago, capt_oats said:

Aye, the fact we have 3 spots open and the #9 and #11 on hold gives a bit of reassurance that there are at least 2 first team players still to sign. Hopefully that means people can get off Long's case for a bit.

Going by his IG Gboly's in Lagos at the moment. It's been mentioned before but the fact the club/Burrows have been so open about our interest in him is a bit odd. In fairness, everything that's been said has been caveated with an acknowledgement that 'it's complicated' but it's unusual for us to be so openly mad keen. 

Seeing the squad list laid out like that it looks fucking huge though 23 of those are 21 or under so it's probably a bit misleading in that respect.

I'd also say there are probably still question marks over Hartley, Johnson and (definitely) Tanner tbf.

When Gboly was on form he was absolutely great patter. Would have him back in a heartbeat.

Hartley & Johnson I could see us taking any bid that comes in tbh. Hartley might be the official club captain but, let's be honest here, Tait is the leader of this team. 

I do truly wish that I could wave a magic wand and make Craig Tanner's knee work again. #SexyMotherwell would be the first Motherwell side I think he'd actually have looked at home in.  

7 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Seeing the squad list laid out like that it looks fucking huge though 23 of those 38 are 21 or under so it's probably a bit misleading in that respect.

It's odd that although there are huge numbers of players there (most of them our youth/reserve players) - the squad looks a long way from being in a state to compete in the league. As you say, I can't see Hartley, Johnson or Tanner making a 30+ game contribution next season, so we are still a fair way short of a strong 18-man 1st team squad. Early days, etc

33 minutes ago, underboyleheating said:

It’s a direct copy of a Macron Club Brugge shirt that I converted to claret and amber in early 2018. It looks great in C&A. I do love shirts with proper collars. 

Which is the one thing holding back from the home kit.  The neck is irritating.