Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

8 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

So, Celtic offer a contract to Turnbull, and he rejects it.

Celtic issue official statement saying exactly that.

Celtic try to resurrect the deal with Turnbull.

Turnbull still rejects it.

Celtic say they have pulled out of the deal.

Some delusional Celtic fans try to manipulate events to say that it’s Celtic that have rejected Turnbull. And the worst thing is that they actually believe that, in their own minds.

Not quite Motherwell fans celebrating losing their best player after signing a 2 and half year contract.

Fans of all clubs celebrating he didn't go to Celtic

Celtic fans celebrating he didn't go to Celtic 

Turnbull celebrating because he didn't want to go to Celtic

The Scottish league lost another talented footballer to the graveyard of English football.

13 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Hope Turnbull becomes an 80 cap Scotland player and a top premier league mainstay for over a decade to really get it up Celtic and the tightwad Lawell.

Not sure about tightwad in this case,  good fiscal policy some would say.

Norwich awash with cash could offer the guy more, nothing wrong with looking for the best money.

Celtic should wait until we have a signature on paper before any comment would be my only negative around this

2 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

Loan him back please.

Meant to say, Div was talking about that himself when he was doing his interview at the YPOTY...

“I am not sure it is really up to me,” said the teenager, who declared himself “delighted” and “grateful” for the “brilliant” news of his being honoured by the SFWA, when asked if he would like to get another full season at Motherwell under his belt as a mainstay in order to enhance his development.

“I’d just like to come back next season and see what happens. If clubs come in and put a bid in then it is obviously a bonus and shows that I am doing well, but I am not sure it is up to me. If somebody came in and bid a lot of money I am sure the club would want to take it and maybe look at a loan back if I went somewhere. At the moment I am just focusing on Motherwell.”

The one good thing about the money flying around down in England the last few years is the effect it has had on bringing the big 2 down a peg or two.

Rangers - Dead.

Celtic - Probably before the half way point of this calendar year already confirmed as smaller than both Leicester and Norwich.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

From a PR point of view, Celtic are in big trouble if Scott Brown has become their spokesperson.

Feel like this has gone unnoticed tbh. I've read the quotes a few times and I've honestly no idea what he's supposed to be saying. Quite concerning how incoherent his rambling was.

6 hours ago, kingjoey said:

From a PR point of view, Celtic are in big trouble if Scott Brown has become their spokesperson.

Brown's statement was cliched dinosaur nonsense and a laughably transparent attempt at playing hardball.

6 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Not quite Motherwell fans celebrating losing their best player after signing a 2 and half year contract.

The Scottish league lost another talented footballer to the graveyard of English football.

One of the funniest posts on this thread. 

30 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

One of the funniest posts on this thread. 

Scary thing is he still doesn't realise that the only reason Turnbull signed his new contract with us was to show loyalty to Motherwell by getting them a handsome transfer fee. 

Not a single Motherwell fan thought he'd be with us when the season kicked off 

8 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Also, Romeo is a gibbering mess  - any sane person will tell you this and yet in spite of this, he continues to not only defend himself but insist that it's everyone else who's making fools of themselves.

nail on head DJ :thumsup2

7 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Not hurting over yet another shambles trying to get Scottish talent in on the cheap.

No lessons learnt from the McGinn fiasco apparently

Every quote I've read from Turnbull make him sound like a sensible guy who's just focussed on his career, but Celtic das are convinced he's a greedy scumbag simply because he doesn't want to go to the Club Like No Other.

8 hours ago, kingjoey said:

So, Celtic offer a contract to Turnbull, and he rejects it.

Celtic issue official statement saying exactly that.

Celtic try to resurrect the deal with Turnbull.

Turnbull still rejects it.

Celtic say they have pulled out of the deal.

Some delusional Celtic fans try to manipulate events to say that it’s Celtic that have rejected Turnbull. And the worst thing is that they actually believe that, in their own minds.

Aye. The mainstream media are against Celtic is what we always here. Doing their very best to dress it up today. Celtic fans in so much denial that they are quoting the media they usually deride.

As if Celtic have suddenly decided they don't want the boy and within an hour Norwich have come in with a bid larger than Celtics and had it accepted.

8 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

:lol:

A hilarious insight into the cult-like mentality of an Old Firm fan. Literally every single fact has to be twisted to fit into the brainwashed narrative.

Between an obviously ridiculous managerial appointment, making a complete mess of their attempt to sign their number one transfer target for the second summer running and the resultant cranial detachment of fans, players, staff and friendly journalists alike, Celtic have really never looked so much like Rangers since the latter died.

Edited by Dunning1874