Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 minute ago, dezz said:

If Mullen and McGarry have confirmed it, it’s pretty much nailed on you would think.

Aye, I was v.sceptical about The Record as the source and dubious about the whole Celtic thing "collapsing" as well.

If both of them are reporting it then you'd think it's accurate.

Edited by capt_oats

1 minute ago, TavTastic said:

Burrows must have been hyperventilating for about ten minutes before accepting a higher bid.

You got to feel for Burrows here.

I'd be more inclined to think Celtic knew Norwich were on the case and tried to save face, backfired badly.

I am a Celtic fan and I think that guy is crazy.  
Celtic have not come out of this Turnbull saga looking very good I am afraid
I can't help but think clubs run a risk when they provide updates on ongoing business on social media. There's plenty of clubs have seen deals fall through when they looked a certainty. Could still be further twists in this saga too.

Clubs are far better off making announcements or statements when everything is sorted out. Nowhere near as entertaining for us though.

1 hour ago, TavTastic said:

What a snidey dick Tom is now.

His mask has well and truly slipped over the past few years.

Just now, Well Well said:

If Hugh Keevins was having a fit about him not signing for Celtic he will be having a stroke after hearing this.

Keevins was sounding like a fud last night.

4 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Clubs are far better off making announcements or statements when everything is sorted out. Nowhere near as entertaining for us though.

Interesting that as far as I can see, the club have been much slower to confirm the acceptance of the bid this time round. I guess they were on the defensive last time as it was Celtic....

41 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

A different situation I'd guess. McLean was worth a lot more than the £250k or so he went for. Without him we'd not have finished second.

They loaned your lot Maddison and they'd paid a fair whack for him? I wouldn't actually rule Turnbull coming back to us for a bit.

6 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

Loan him back please.

As above just looking at Maddison's Wiki. They paid an 'undisclosed' fee for him and loaned him straight back to Coventry, then out to Aberdeen.

Romeo is drowning in a tsunami of tears.

I was going to say I'm seriously considering getting gender reassignment surgery so that I can bear David Turnbull's child, but I imagine all the clinics in the Lanarkshire area are probably already booked up by now.

I know we would love to see Turnbull rip the piss in a Motherwell jersey for another year or so but I think the bottom line is 6 months ago Turnbull made a decision that not a single Motherwell fan will ever forget when he signed his new contract.  All to make sure we were looked after.