Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

McGarry confirming the Norwich bid having been accepted...

MOTHERWELL have accepted a £3.25m offer from English Premier League new boys Norwich City for David Turnbull. 

The news comes after Celtic had earlier pulled out of the race to sign the 19-year-old, with negotiations breaking down despite the Scottish champions agreeing a fee of £3m with the Fir Park club last week.

10 hours ago, Romeo said:

Lot of Motherwell lads have made a complete arse of themselves over the past few days. I expect a few to climb back into their boxes and start deleting posts.

This has without a doubt been the highlight of their year.

Awkward, this. 

4 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Why is he going to those diddies, when's the last time they sold a youngster to a team in the higher echelons of the EPL.

Celtic have fucked this, haven't they? They usually control the press narative really well - but they are looking distinctly Traynor-esque over this.

If Turnball goes to Norwich, almost every motherwell fan would be onside with it based on where we were last week.

8 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Good move for him if it happens. A great coach willing to play young players. Their squad is full of good technical players like Vrancic and Buendia. He'll fit in well there.

Just now, Romeo said:
6 minutes ago, gannonball said:
Whats this? I just had him down as a bit thick but is he of the orc persuasion too?

He certainly is. And he's here white knighting the Motherwell boys.

tbf,you've white knighted them far more than I thought possible.

Just now, TavTastic said:

Good move for him if it happens. A great coach willing to play young players. Their squad is full of good technical players like Vrancic and Buendia. He'll fit in well there.

Aye there's ridiculously long interview with their sporting director kicking about YouTube somewhere. Details their strategy and targeting specific types of young players, technical and all that. I'll be honest, assuming it's accurate (and Graeme McGarry's close to Motherwell) it's 100% perfect fit for Div.

This has been some laugh. Romeo absolutely drowning in tears and snotters just now is enjoyable too.

Seriously though, I reckon Norwich would be a cracking move. Good manager who is willing to play young players, with attractive attacking philosophy.