Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

4 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Quite happy if Cadden's away tbh. Talented boy and a good servant to the club but things have been stagnant for about 2 years now.

I love the guy. His celebrations have been consistently class and goodness me he puts some amount of graft in. 

He should probably move on to try and kick his career on a bit as after his initial arrival he's not moved on too much. 

Aye there was defo no Celtic fans "going mental"

He was always gonna sign for Celtic. I doubt anything was ever "rejected". They went away to think about it and whore himself out. The weekend to pretend they are thinking about it. A call on Monday to say they have considered all options and would like to accept.

(If he does sign for them)

I was referring to this thread, if any Celtic fans were going mental here then I missed it.

53 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Quite happy if Cadden's away tbh. Talented boy and a good servant to the club but things have been stagnant for about 2 years now.

Getting £400k+ for a guy who's not done much for a couple of years and who you're quite happy to leave looks like an amazing bit of business.

Think we (Saints) got £175k for Kenny McLean (with a tiny sell on) and £150k for John McGinn (with a decent sell on).

Given those two guys are now in the EPL and established Scotland players, that £400k+ looks great!

McGarry's broken down the Cadden compo thing in the Evening Times. It's less because Oxford are a Cat. 3 club. Which is annoying.

€300k plus solidarity payment of any future sale (5%).

MOTHERWELL are still in the dark over whether Chris Cadden will leave the club after Oxford United enquired about the compensation fee required to secure his registration.

Under the FIFA solidarity mechanism, clubs must be compensated for training players between their 12th and 23rd birthdays. As Oxford are a category three club, Motherwell would be due €30,000 for each season Cadden has been at the club, meaning the English League One outfit would therefore have to pay €300,000 (around £270,000) to secure the signature of the 22-year-old.

As per the FIFA solidarity mechanism, Motherwell will also be due five percent of any future sale should Cadden indeed make the move south.

Not to question McGarry's journalistic chops but I'd guess he's been pointed in that direction by an A.Burrows after the Record mis-reporting.

Edited by capt_oats

8 hours ago, dirtydave said:

So Turnbull will be a celtic player by Thursday.

Daft daft laddie.

Pretty much resigned to this myself*. Still, it’s been fun....

For all that I hate the thought of him playing for them, hope he has a great career and gets a move to the EPL in the future**.

*crosses fingers that he doesn’t join them*

**crosses toes that he comes ‘home’ in the future, a la POD, not McClair* 

Tbh, I genuinely can't find fault with Turnbull here.

Granted the public hooring him out to all and sundry has been quite unseemly but there's been no Pearson/McDonald style hissy fits/toys out the pram on his part. No public "come and get me" to Celtic. He's not walking out in the same way Slane did (or Hastie did to Rangers - regardless of the comp fee).

Celtic are paying a premium for him. Motherwell/the player/his agent have given other interested parties every-fucking-opportunity to match the offer - none have. In that respect I'm not sure what he's expected to do? His side have stalled for almost a week after the offer was accepted, he can't continue that indefinitely.

Any Motherwell fan who thinks Burrows is handing back a cheque for £3m + extras is as buttoned up at the back of the head as Celtic fans who will swallow the impending "it was all his agent, the player was desperate to sign" narrative.

Similarly the other "options" he'll have considered before settling on joining Celtic and deciding that's the best place for him to develop were never truly in play as they didn't have offers accepted.

Fare thee well the bold Div Turnbull. We barely knew ya.

Edited by capt_oats

16 hours ago, Bobby_F said:

Getting £400k+ for a guy who's not done much for a couple of years and who you're quite happy to leave looks like an amazing bit of business.

Think we (Saints) got £175k for Kenny McLean (with a tiny sell on) and £150k for John McGinn (with a decent sell on).

Given those two guys are now in the EPL and established Scotland players, that £400k+ looks great!

You'd have gotten so much more if we had an extra year on McLeans contract when he left. Fantastic player.

As Capt_Oats said, there's nothing more we could have asked from Turnbull.  Motherwell and his agent, by all accounts, have done absolutely everything to get an English club to bite and table the same offer Celtic have.  Unfortunately for all of us, they weren't successful. 

There's no chance Motherwell would be allowing DT to reject this move and stay at FP.  Not a chance.  That money is too big for us.  If David has managed to squeeze an extra few grand a week for himself into the bargain, fair play to him. 

It's no ideal that he's going to Celtic, but he's done alright by us.  I genuinely wish him all the best on a personal level.  I hope he performs well at Celtic, and then fucks off for hee-haw at the end of his contract...

55 minutes ago, Desp said:

As Capt_Oats said, there's nothing more we could have asked from Turnbull.  Motherwell and his agent, by all accounts, have done absolutely everything to get an English club to bite and table the same offer Celtic have.  Unfortunately for all of us, they weren't successful. 

There's no chance Motherwell would be allowing DT to reject this move and stay at FP.  Not a chance.  That money is too big for us.  If David has managed to squeeze an extra few grand a week for himself into the bargain, fair play to him. 

It's no ideal that he's going to Celtic, but he's done alright by us.  I genuinely wish him all the best on a personal level.  I hope he performs well at Celtic, and then fucks off for hee-haw at the end of his contract...

Image result for better poker hand gifWould love Celtic to just walk away.

Lot of Motherwell lads have made a complete arse of themselves over the past few days. I expect a few to climb back into their boxes and start deleting posts.

This has without a doubt been the highlight of their year.

8 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Lot of Motherwell lads have made a complete arse of themselves over the past few days. I expect a few to climb back into their boxes and start deleting posts.

This has without a doubt been the highlight of their year.

Poor attempt

Must try harder