Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

6 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

I don’t think he will end up there now. Celtic have made a total c**t of things by pissing their pants for attention so I can’t see them being happy to turn and roll out the “Welcome Turnbull” patter.

Aye. When it was Rangers "walking away" from the Hastie deal it was all whispers fed to the Record.

Celtic have got this as a fucking pinned Tweet on their official Twitter account.

I mean I still wouldn't rule it out but at the same time the story seems have always been that he'd prefer to move to England.

Edited by capt_oats

19 minutes ago, steelmen said:

Come on the lad’s a Motherwell fan. Would any of us sign for them???

He’s obviously not stupid, he realises there are many better clubs out there for him to develop at including Motherwell.

He's a rangers fan if you read Twitter :lol:

Part of me thinks a part of this is actually the agents influence that’s rejected whatever Celtic have offered - as funny as it is to say that Div has turned down Celtic!

Thinking back to the prolonged wait we had trying to sort out a new contract for DT, IIRC there was a snide comment or two from Stephen Robinson at the agm about his agent being a dick around the several offers we’d made. So that wouldn’t surprise if something similar was played here.

If there’s not been any acceptable bids already from England, or further afield, then I’m not sure if they’ll come in a hurry. Either way, hopefully Div is enjoying his holiday and would more than happily wire him a beer for this bit of patter today!

Aye. When it was Rangers "walking away" from the Hastie deal it was all whispers fed to the Record.
Celtic have got this as a fucking pinned Tweet on their official Twitter account.
I mean I still wouldn't rule it out but at the same time the story seems have always been that he'd prefer to move to England.

Oh my god I didn’t even realise they’d nailed it to their profile. Fucking hell this is a wonderful bit of patter to kick off the weekend.

Surely a move to celtic is the best thing for him (aside from staying at motherwell which doesnt look likely). They are paying a decent wedge for him so more than likely see him as a starter. If he moves to the likes of bournemouth is he really going to get first team games there straight away?

Guest Pampered Adolescent

For embdy who has ever played Football Manager/Championship Manager:

"David Turnbull has absolutely no intention of joining Celtic as he is worried about the difference in language and lifestyle".

Schadenfreude on an epic scale. May the seethe continue indefinitely.

Cheers

PA

5 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Surely a move to celtic is the best thing for him (aside from staying at motherwell which doesnt look likely). They are paying a decent wedge for him so more than likely see him as a starter. If he moves to the likes of bournemouth is he really going to get first team games there straight away?

Who's place would he be taking at Celtic?

6 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

This may be a tad irrational, but f**k the club's infrastructure. Turnbull's an absolute hero if he's knocked them back.

See, IMO after the pushback Burrows and the club have had over the very specific 'Celtic' element of selling Div I think they'd be on the same page tbh.

There seems to have been plenty interest in him, though only one offer that met our valuation so far. He's still a future sellable asset whether Celtic want to pay his agent's wage demands or not.

Edited by capt_oats