Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Sorry Well Worshippers but this is life as a more discerning Scottish Football Fan.

First rule of Diddy Club, We are not allowed to have nice things !

Genuinely feel your pain as I await my own clubs next round of tapping, robbing and plundering.

To be fair, if it is 3m as reported, that’s a 100k for every game the boy’s ever started for Motherwell. Also, a million quid for every goal he scored against top six opposition last season...
In all seriousness though, it’s a phenomenal amount of money for the club and some people seem to have lost sight of that. For a player who, as the Capt says above, could have quite easily walked away and left us for pennies(comparatively speaking) like Hastie did.
Since taking over Alan Burrows(and co) have surely now wiped out the club dept, taken in 5m in player sales(give or take) and will probably be posting there second seven figure profit of his tenure on the back of this deal. They have quite frankly done a remarkable job in a short space of time and deserve a bit more respect than some of the arseholes on social media show him/them.
Maybe I’m wired slightly different, however seeing grown adults greeting and demanding answers from the club on social media is an absolute fucking mile oot.

This is far too reasonable a post for a Scottish football forum.

I came here to post something sensible and praising the club a bit. @Casagolda has done that better than I would have.

Also reading St Johnstone, Accies & Celtic fans give their 3rd rate opinions on things made me forgot what I was gonna post anyway.

I think we are all just upset it is Celtic.

11 minutes ago, rambunctious said:

Surely it must be possible to include add-ons into a release clause?

Not at our demand.  A release clause is just that.  A release clause.  Why would Celtic offer cash that automatically active his release then offer above that?

Just now, Busta Nut said:

I came here to post something sensible and praising the club a bit. @Casagolda has done that better than I would have.

Also reading St Johnstone, Accies & Celtic fans give their 3rd rate opinions on things made me forgot what I was gonna post anyway.

I think we are all just upset it is Celtic.

yep.....I will calm down eventually. Sorry for ranting. Cold hard business heads make these decisions for the benefit of the club. Just hard to see such a talent go so quickly and as Busta said to them makes it hard to swallow

15 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

To be fair, if it is 3m as reported, that’s a 100k for every game the boy’s ever started for Motherwell. Also, a million quid for every goal he scored against top six opposition last season...

In all seriousness though, it’s a phenomenal amount of money for the club and some people seem to have lost sight of that. For a player who, as the Capt says above, could have quite easily walked away and left us for pennies(comparatively speaking) like Hastie did.

Since taking over Alan Burrows(and co) have surely now wiped out the club dept, taken in 5m in player sales(give or take) and will probably be posting there second seven figure profit of his tenure on the back of this deal. They have quite frankly done a remarkable job in a short space of time and deserve a bit more respect than some of the arseholes on social media show him/them.

Maybe I’m wired slightly different, however seeing grown adults greeting and demanding answers from the club on social media is an absolute fucking mile oot.

How much did you get for hastie?

5 minutes ago, dezz said:

I think his development fee was estimated around the £400k mark.

That's a shame, the rules should protect the club that developed players more.  He's worth at least five times that.

Not at our demand.  A release clause is just that.  A release clause.  Why would Celtic offer cash that automatically active his release then offer above that?

Yeah but surely instead of just making the release clause “£3million cash”, you could make it “£3million cash plus add-on for 10% of future transfer fee”?

30 minutes ago, Desp said:

Shit. Wish we had this guy as CEO. I'm sure his years playing Football Manager would have come in handy with this deal. 

f**k off, ya dick. 

You've missed an opportunity and you know it. £3m is a lot, but hes worth more. You'll now have to suffer him scoring against you for the next decade.

Just now, Desp said:

Great post @Casagolda

+1 - nailed it @Casagolda

19/20 - Turnbull - £3m+
19/20 - Hastie - TBC - estimate £350k
19/20 - McKinstry - £400k*
18/19 - Bowman - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ - estimate £50k
18/19 - Kipré - c.£1m
17/18 - Moult - £500k
17/18 - Heneghan - £350k-(ish)
16/17 - Johnson - £750k-ish
16/17 - Pearson - £100k
16/17 - Hall - £210k
15/16 - Erwin - £500k

= £7.21m

That's since we finished 11th, bodied Rangers 6-1 and  Hutchison took over and in turn we became fan-owned.

OK, I'm taking a liberty with McKinstry but during McCall's entire tenure we lost *takes breath*: Reynolds (£100k), Sutton (free), Jennings (free), Murphy (£100k), Law (free), Randolph (free), Humphrey (free), Ojamaa (£300k), Higdon (free), Hateley (free), Hutchinson (free), Anier (£300k).

Total: £800k.

33 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

Wait for the outrage when it doesn’t appear on the next set of issues accounts as this transaction will take place after the end of the club’s accounting period (31 May)!!

With regards to the talk of release clause, it may not be contractual between the club and player. I imagine that an agreed figure would have been spoken about with the expectation that extras would be included.