Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

4 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

In fairness, I don't blame him for keeping his options open and going by his IG he seems to be having a nice holiday.

Btw, if there's a club raffle where you can go on holiday with Richard Tait I'd like to buy every ticket available.

Thank you.

12 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Would you be doing the Crossfit as well?

Abso-fuckin-lutely.

10 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

He occasionally does stuff in Pure Gym if you wanna get all Jill Sharp about things.

Hahahaha, have noticed this. Deeply distracting. 

15 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

He occasionally does stuff in Pure Gym if you wanna get all Jill Sharp about things.

3 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Abso-fuckin-lutely.

Hahahaha, have noticed this. Deeply distracting. 

100% new bit for you on The Terrace chief. Make it happen.

20 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

THIS.  How is one supposed to react when they look up to see their glorious leader next to you on a bench in the middle of a set?

Personally, I shat it and prematurely moved on to the next exercise. Too starstruck and that..

Between him and Adam Cummings it really is a 'Well paradise :wub:

I reckon Cadden will stay because nobody will want to stump up £600k to take him off us with him coming off the back of an injury. If he does go I suspect it'll be a cut fee and a hefty sell on.

Also in on the Richard Tait love in. He walked past me in town and I was more starstruck than I've ever been in my life. 

This thread has been responsible for me binging the playoff highlights and LCD Soundsystem's back catalogue in the last 24 hours. A great time for me, personally.

5 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

This thread has been responsible for me binging the playoff highlights and LCD Soundsystem's back catalogue in the last 24 hours. A great time for me, personally.

Live scenes from my office right now.

giphy.gif

That's the new Academy graduates announced. Great bunch of lads.

Sam Muir (LB/LCB), Matthew McDonald (RB), Cammy Williamson (LB), Findlay Cook (FW), Paul Hale (MF), Lewis Robertson (MF) and Matty Connolly (GK).

D8xkPUlW4AAUbXm?format=jpg&name=small

(L-R: Robertson, Hale, Williamson, Muir, Cook, Connelly, McDonald)

Edited by capt_oats

Dull as f**k post but with the announcement of the new intake of graduates it's interesting (and I use that term very, very loosely) that it's 7 out and 7 in. Not only that but it drops the average age of the reserves group massively. Which is something Mo Ross alluded to in his MFC Podcast interview.

OUT: Bowers (DF, 20), Brown (MF, 20), Gordon (MF, 21), MacDonald (DF, 19), McLaughlin (FW, 20), Rehman (MF, 20) and Watson (FW, 20)

IN:  Muir (DF, 16), McDonald (DF, 16), Williamson (DF, 16), Cook (FW, 17), Hale (MF, ?), Robertson (MF, ?) and Connolly (GK, 16).

Based on the Reserves on the refreshed page:

GK: Morrison (21), Hemfrey (17), Connolly (16)
DF: Livingstone (21), Maguire (21), Devine (17), Brown (16), Hussain (18), Muir (16), McDonald (16), Willamson (16)
MF: Semple (18), Cornelius (18), Kettings (17), McAlear (17), Hale, Robertson
FW: Scott (18), Starrs (17), Cook (17)

Total: 20
Average age*: 17.6 (*average of 18 players whose ages are known)

I'm guessing Livingstone, Maguire and maybe Scott will be promoted to the First team bracket when there's another update as 20 seems a pretty heavy number for a Reserves group. Although by all accounts the above covers the 18s as well so maybe it's not.

Given the number of teams who seem to be dropping out of the Reserve League I'd (genuinely) be interested to see how many we're actively looking to get out on Dev loans this season.

Edited by capt_oats

Linky

I see Killie are going to be the second team to go with Safe Standing in Scotland. Bit of a weird one but its U16 only. 40k for 166 'seats'. I know  a lot of the previous discussion was dismissed for financial reasons but I really think we should be moving towards this in the next few years. I know the last section of the East essentially stand but I think it would improve the atmosphere further if we implemented a proper standing area. This would give the ground a wee bit of a more modern feel.

I don't know how many seats there is in the 'Bois' section, maybe a few hundred? But as a fan-owned club this is the sort of stuff i think we should be doing with any spare cash from future transfers (when the debt is cleared off) IMO most teams in the league will have this in the next ten years. 100k spend for the last sections of the East Stand seems like a decent shout to me.

The club is very progressive so I would be keen to see this put back on the table. I think the reality is we aren't going to be moving from Fir Park anytime soon (nor do I want to) but I really think we should be looking to modernise quite a bit.

2 minutes ago, Luke92 said:

Linky

I see Killie are going to be the second team to go with Safe Standing in Scotland. Bit of a weird one but its U16 only. 40k for 166 'seats'. I know  a lot of the previous discussion was dismissed for financial reasons but I really think we should be moving towards this in the next few years. I know the last section of the East essentially stand but I think it would improve the atmosphere further if we implemented a proper standing area. This would give the ground a wee bit of a more modern feel.

I don't know how many seats there is in the 'Bois' section, maybe a few hundred? But as a fan-owned club this is the sort of stuff i think we should be doing with any spare cash from future transfers (when the debt is cleared off) IMO most teams in the league will have this in the next ten years. 100k spend for the last sections of the East Stand seems like a decent shout to me.

The club is very progressive so I would be keen to see this put back on the table. I think the reality is we aren't going to be moving from Fir Park anytime soon (nor do I want to) but I really think we should be looking to modernise quite a bit.

I'm all for it in theory but if the choice is between £100k for a standing area of £100k to bring in a player I know which one I'd be picking.