Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

5 minutes ago, ONeils4Oyarder said:

Celtic and their *** cousins have ripped the pish out of the Scottish market since time began...c***s that they are

The mighty well and Celtic have a decent record in transfers down the years Scott McDonald,Phil O'Donnell,Tommy Coyne,Tom boyd and Lambert via Dortmund.

3 minutes ago, ONeils4Oyarder said:

The fact you reckon Motherwell to Celtic was a decent move for Tom Boyd, tells me all I need to know about you.

I also cannae mind how much we paid you guys for TC...any idea?

I think he went south first Tommy coyne and didn't work out, Boyd was a great signing for Celtic.

1 minute ago, ONeils4Oyarder said:

So Coyne went South 1st, but you reckon he is one of Motherwell and Celtic great pieces of business over the year?

Aye I'm sure Boyd was a good signing for Celtic...you still don't get it though

I was just thinking of players that were good for both Celtic and the mighty well not directly or indirectly.

21 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The mighty well and Celtic have a decent record in transfers down the years Scott McDonald,Phil O'Donnell,Tommy Coyne,Tom boyd and Lambert via Dortmund.

Motherwell can hardly take credit for Lambert who had 10years at St Mirren previous to a short stay at Fir Park.

1 minute ago, Munoz said:

Motherwell can hardly take credit for Lambert who had 10years at St Mirren previous to a short stay at Fir Park.

St. Mirren turned him into a Motherwell-quality player.  We then turned him into a Champions League winner ;)

I think, going back to the Celtic fan's point, a lot players in Scotland these days no longer see moving to Celtic, or Rangers, as the big move it once was.  They can earn as much, if not more, going to the English Championship and they'll get just as much of chance, again if not more, of moving up to the EPL on the back of a good season. 

You'll only see players who were boyhood OF fans going to Glasgow from now on, IMO.  As generally those are the thick c***s. 

8 minutes ago, WeeAlf said:
1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:
The Scottish market hasn't been great for Celtic recently.

Depends, you could reasonably argue that they've been very successful using it to weaken the opposition.

I think this is a bit of a myth,when you look at the players I've mentioned the mighty well haven't been effected.
I'm thinking Phil O'Donnell must still be the most dosh the mighty well have received for a transfer?

You think football matches are won by simply wanting victory enough, so surely Celtic could just take their 11 most enthusiastic fans who are willing to play for sheer love of the club and put them on the pitch?

3 hours ago, ONeils4Oyarder said:

Aye you're right...there have never been any young players signed by Celtic from other Scottish Clubs, who haven't fulfilled their potential.

2 hours ago, ONeils4Oyarder said:

Celtic and their *** cousins have ripped the pish out of the Scottish market since time began...c***s that they are

1 hour ago, ONeils4Oyarder said:

The fact you reckon Motherwell to Celtic was a decent move for Tom Boyd, tells me all I need to know about you.

I also cannae mind how much we paid you guys for TC...any idea?

So Coyne went South 1st, but you reckon he is one of Motherwell and Celtic great pieces of business over the year?

Aye I'm sure Boyd was a good signing for Celtic...you still don't get it though

I know that...the think Tim clearly doesn't though

27 minutes ago, ONeils4Oyarder said:

We haven't been effected? What in the name of f**k are you havering about?

Set you up like a kipper:P.