Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

Well, that tweet in the post you've quoted is coming from the club so I'd hope it's accurate. Unless I'm being whooshed?

Quoted the wrong post :lol: meant Scott Burns.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Quoted the wrong post :lol: meant Scott Burns.

You mean Scott Mullen? :lol:. Scott Burns is also usually on it as well fwiw.

Anyway, aye he's close to the club. I'd say that the fact the story about the 3 moving came roughly around the same time as the manager's press conference means it's accurate.

35 minutes ago, Swello said:

Scott MULLEN is always spot on with 'Well stuff

33 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

You mean Scott Mullen? :lol:. Scott Burns is also usually on it as well fwiw.

Anyway, aye he's close to the club. I'd say that the fact the story about the 3 moving came roughly around the same time as the manager's press conference means it's accurate.

I give up :lol:

Just so I could add McHugh and Gorrin to the confirmed deals thread.

1 minute ago, Casagolda said:

Link

Assume this was the basis of today’s news. Aldred confirms he’s away(some nice words for Motherwell and Scottish football) and Robinson confirms McHugh is leaving as well. 

Nothing on Ally Gorrin right enough.

I'll add McHugh but not Gorrin, cheers.

3 hours ago, Casagolda said:

Link

Assume this was the basis of today’s news. Aldred confirms he’s away(some nice words for Motherwell and Scottish football) and Robinson confirms McHugh is leaving as well. 

Nothing on Ally Gorrin right enough.

I fucking love Tom Aldred, and wish him and Carl McHugh nothing but the best.

Perfect players? No, of course not, but you can't ask for more than the 100% they've both given, and the commitment they've shown to the club. Big boots to fill.

Yes good luck to both Aldred and McHugh for the rest of their careers. Aldred has been a solid, reliable centre half for us over the past year and a bit and he'll be missed. McHugh has been up and down but what he's lacked in ability and at times common sense (on the pitch anyway) he's made up for in effort and commitment and so therefore I wish him well as he leaves us.

Robinson confirming hunners here, McHugh, Ally Gorrin, Main and Aldred all away. No mention of Frear though. Sounds like both McHugh and Aldred have decent moves lined up.

Campbell contract "will be done soon". Devine and Cornelius in the squad for tomorrow.

2 new signings done. One announced on Tuesday (sounds like Fané) as he mentions it in relation to both holding mids leaving. Also a wide player from "a non-league environment".

Edited by capt_oats

3 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Robinson confirming hunners here, McHugh, Ally Gorrin, Main and Aldred all away. No mention of Frear though. Sounds like both McHugh and Aldred have decent moves lined up.

Campbell contract "will be done soon". Devine and Cornelius in the squad for tomorrow.

2 new signings done. One announced on Tuesday (sounds like Fané) as he mentions it in relation to both holding mids leaving. Also a wide player from "a non-league environment".

The mention of the winger was interesting as it surely confirms that at least one of Frear and Gboly won't be here next year (Gboly obviously isn't our player anyway)....

The other one (that I had suspected might happen), is the 2nd chance for Donnelly to get himself fit and have a go at it....

40 minutes ago, Swello said:

The mention of the winger was interesting as it surely confirms that at least one of Frear and Gboly won't be here next year (Gboly obviously isn't our player anyway)....

The other one (that I had suspected might happen), is the 2nd chance for Donnelly to get himself fit and have a go at it....

I suppose when it comes to wingers or "wide players" there was also no mention of Cadden (one way or another). As it stands, with Hastie out the door as well there are (potentially) 4 spaces up for grabs (assuming Polworth's being viewed as an #8 or a #10).

Curious to see what this wide player looks like. It's been mentioned before but the 433 has worked best with wrecking-ball wingers. Another Marvin would (obviously) be nice.

The Donnelly one interested me in that he's talking about him as a #6. 

I could be wrong but that's the first time I can think of that there's been a specific position mentioned for him since he's been here. It sounds like he's getting the summer to show something before we look elsewhere. If he doesn't, I can imagine he'll be on his way.

In a way, given the fact he can also play RB & CB he'd offer the sort of cover McHugh did off the bench, presumably on a lower wage too.

I'm not holding my breath on him coming good though.

Edit: Full interview with Aldred from McGarry here.

“This is a really top club and they help you move your career forward. I would recommend coming up here to anyone. I reckon the Premiership is a better standard than English League One and Two. You play against top players and it provides a bit of everything. For me, it is like the four leagues in England all in the one league of 12. Every game is a different test for you as a player.

Good lad.

Edited by capt_oats

3 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

Robinson has mentioned trying to keep Gboly again to the media. #Announce ten year deal please.

Aye. He mentions it in his post-match.

The big man's speaking after the game as well. Seems reasonably content innit.

There they are. Great bunch of lads...Tanner's cropped out next to Frear far right.

D63WEwjXYAEDRP0?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by capt_oats

1 minute ago, VinnyPar said:

Liam Brown - what like? Heavily linked with us.

Combatitive midfielder.  Likes a tackle, not much going forward, decent in possession.

He was around the fringes of the first team but seems to have fallen well out of favour.  Not surprised he is moving on tbh. I always thought he was decent in the under 20s games but never really got a shot with our abundance of centre mids.

7 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

Liam Brown - what like? Heavily linked with us.

We signed him from Queens Park and had been playing league games for them. As said above he seemed to generally be liked. He captained the Reserves a few times. As @well fan for life says Robinson was supposed to have pulled a loan move at the end of January to try and get him into the first team but there was also mention that he'd been coming back from an injury.

I think he's kind of suffered a bit from the changes at reserves level for us. He played regularly for the reserves under Craigan but less so under Maurice Ross who's been talking up Dean Cornelius (who made his debut today).

@Jim McLean's Ghost nails it with his description. He's in the Allan Campbell mould IMO but realistically he's at the age where he needs games.

Just now, 18May1991 said:

No Main in the photo? I know he’s away shortly but has he gone already? 

There may be a couple cropped out, Tanner definitely is. 

There's no Carson in the photo either and he was in the squad today.