Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

7 minutes ago, AndyRoss said:

13 minutes of league action for Lionel this season...

I can’t tell you how much I’d love watching Lionel play those 13 minutes for us. Him and Ariyibi would be such a fun, entertaining (and of course frustrating...) combo. Get him signed up!

5 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:
If Lionel is available and we patch him I'm going full on Robbo Out, Sack The Board, Impeach Burrows etc.

That’s the spirit.

I was only half joking with the suggestion tbh. If Frear’s on his way out (as he may well be) and we’re in the market for a wide player/impact sub who can do #numbers then he’d get my vote as an option.

Edited by capt_oats

13 hours ago, capt_oats said:

That’s the spirit.

I was only half joking with the suggestion tbh. If Frear’s on his way out (as he may well be) and we’re in the market for a wide player/impact sub who can do #numbers then he’d get my vote as an option.

If we're playing with wingers we need a minimum of 4 imo. We'd need to cover for form/injuries/suspensions/time off to celebrate winning balon d'or.

16 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

If we're playing with wingers we need a minimum of 4 imo. We'd need to cover for form/injuries/suspensions/time off to celebrate winning balon d'or.

Aye. If we're honestly looking at the sort of turnover of players Robinson's hinted at then there's an argument that bringing someone in where we know what we're getting makes sense in terms of transition.

Ainsworth's played 780 mins in total over 2 seasons since he moved to Plymouth, largely because Derek Adams is a massive weirdo. In his last season for us Ainsworth played 1,514 mins and that was where he ended up largely being used off the bench.

In comparison Frear's played 1,279 mins in all competitions this season alone for us and that's with an injury break. Frear's 28 and was sold the move here off the back of Marvin getting his transfer and spent a season being asked to play wing-back so I can absolutely understand if he's not massively hyped about signing an extension (especially if it's on the same money or less).

Lionel turns 32 this year and after 2 seasons of not doing much is probably in less of a position to be expecting starts (which I'm sure he'd get all the same because...cover, balon d'or etc) and dare I say it may be more open to a reasonable wage with the promise of not being entirely frozen out by a complete oddball.

Sign.Him.Fucking.Up.

ainsworth-800x550.jpg

Edited by capt_oats

I've just sent Flow a whatsapp with this instruction, expect it announced by 5pm.

(I may be misconstruing how this fan-ownership thing works however)