Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

16 minutes ago, AndyRoss said:

It's Very Unfair From Jake Hastie To Stop Following Our Fans On Twitter, Some Of Them Didn't Even Say Much.

If Hastie does get dropped for the last four games, I'm really going to start questioning her influence on things at Fir Park. 

I'm looking forward to reading the programme next season when Every Word In The Whole Fucking Thing Is Capitalised. 

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/david-turnbull.72945/
If anyone fancies a good chuckle, here is how Rangers are going to take David Turnbull from cash strapped Motherwell for between 500k-1M and loan him back to us for two years but they aren't sure if he is better than Greg Docherty.
I can't believe I'm saying this, but unusually some of the posters there come across as quite reasonable. Like any football forum though, there's plenty of numpties although they do have that special brand of arrogance that other clubs don't seem to have. I shouldn't be surprised but a good few seem to have the opinion that anyone who supports another club still has a 'Big Team'.

There are some reasonable posts, unfortunately overshadowed by the utterly ridiculous. I feel sorry for the fan who thinks they have our real prospect. With regards to the arrogance, I can't stand the ' if we want them they will come ' attitude they all have.

fortunately for us the one crumb of comfort about Turnbull leaving, when the day comes, is that he is destined for far bigger than the SPFL, old firm included.

Edited by Neil86

4 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

Sure I said before, but I'd imagine that we might deal before a tribunal to get various clauses and sell-ons in.

Wonder if they'd give us Greg Docherty.

100% on the button with Hastie, we'll settle for a low amount with a sell on I reckon.

1 hour ago, Archie McSquackle said:
4 hours ago, Neil86 said:
If anyone fancies a good chuckle, here is how Rangers are going to take David Turnbull from cash strapped Motherwell for between 500k-1M and loan him back to us for two years but they aren't sure if he is better than Greg Docherty.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but unusually some of the posters there come across as quite reasonable. Like any football forum though, there's plenty of numpties although they do have that special brand of arrogance that other clubs don't seem to have. I shouldn't be surprised but a good few seem to have the opinion that anyone who supports another club still has a 'Big Team'.

Thing that annoyed me most was the Motherwell badge as one of the avatars.

I'd be surprised if it went to tribunal as well tbh. Is Stewart Robertson still their MD?

Either way we've been extremely public about the compensation and consistent with it. The only way it goes to Tribunal is if there's irreconcilable differences in valuations. Aberdeen offering £80k and Accies wanting £900k for Ferguson being a pretty extreme example of that.

Scott Mullen mentioned a figure 'over £300k' in a Tweet (that's aged badly) back in February, that was before Rangers were even being mentioned. I'm guessing he'd been briefed by the club on that.

The figure of 'around £400k' surfaced after Burrows did his bit with the press last week.

It's not like anyone's been blindsided by us being due compensation, we've spent the past 3 months highlighting how much we're due and showing our workings.

In terms of comparable Tribunals you're looking at:

Charlie Telfer (2015) - £204k - Rangers to Dundee United (11 years, 1 appearance)
Lewis Ferguson (2018) - £237,950 - Hamilton Accies to Aberdeen (5 years, 14 appearances)

Jake Hastie's looking at 10 years, 17 appearances and 2 u21 caps...so £355k seems roughly commensurate with those. Ferguson's in particular has recency. Ultimately if they're able to be chipping in for Jermaine Defoe's wages then they're able to pony up for our compensation.

I agree with @Desp I think a there's every chance a sell on for Hastie will be as much use as the one we have for DT23 but equally I wouldn't be surprised if we were to deal and shave a bit off in exchange for a sell on as an insurance.

Edited by capt_oats

5 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:
1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:
Thing that annoyed me most was the Motherwell badge as one of the avatars.

I'm not seeing that. What name is that?

Bobby Russell post number 28

3 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:
6 hours ago, Neil86 said:

Both arse cheeks are bad for it. Assume anyone at every club must have supported them as a boy.

Few new podcasts up in the last few days.

MFC Podcast 2018/19 - Episode 34 - https://www.mfc1886.com/mfc-podcast-2018-19-episode-34/

Sports Marketing Scotland - Myself and Craig Hughes of the Well Society on this one - https://audioboom.com/posts/7238780-working-with-your-supporters-craig-hughes-well-society-andy-ross-mfc-podcast

9 hours ago, Neil86 said:

Tbf every club forum is a bit like that.

Aberdeen fans have been discussing signing Matty Kennedy from us for £100k.

Hearts fans were on about signing Jason Kerr for similar in January too.

On 22/04/2019 at 10:46, neildrake said:

If the number of games played is a factor then it might  make sense to play him in the next four games even if it's only  for a few minutes .  What  I still don't understand is that if things are set down clearly why could Aberdeen think they could  get away with a derisory offer of 80k?

I think the main issue was the fact Accies were after ~900k for him after playing around 12 games for them.

Completely coincidentally, Accies had kindly donated close to a million to a Nigerian Prince on the phone a few weeks before... 

1 minute ago, AngusTheBull said:

I think the main issue was the fact Accies were after ~900k for him after playing around 12 games for them.

Completely coincidentally, Accies had kindly donated close to a million to a Nigerian Prince on the phone a few weeks before... 

Not sure Aberdeen fans should be commenting on teams laughably overpricing players, when you're seemingly wanting over £7m for McKenna...

42 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:
4 hours ago, Busta Nut said:
Bobby Russell post number 28

Ah, see it now. Saw the Bobby Russell username and the union flag but not the Motherwell badge behind it. Pretty tragic for using on a rangers forum even if it is supposed to be a tribute to Bobby.

Not really.  Lots of Motherwell fans of my age also 'liked' Rangers and Bobby Russell was a very popular player for both clubs.  Makes perfect sense unless you're of the "Rangers fans eat babies" generation.

It's good to see Hastie doing well, he seems to have really benefited from having a run of games at Airdrie last season - I keep a lookout for the loanees that pass through. He could be stunningly inconsistent but showed real potential, either as an out and out wide player or no.10. We don't have enough exciting Scottish players like that.

He needs more games though. Going to the Old Firm at this stage in his career is madness (see Watt, Tony for a  promising career squandered sitting on the bench). Spend another two years playing week in and week out for Motherwell, iron out the inconsistency and if he's the real deal then go to the English Championship / bottom half of the Premiership ie the Andy Robertson route.

26 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Not really.  Lots of Motherwell fans of my age also 'liked' Rangers and Bobby Russell was a very popular player for both clubs.  Makes perfect sense unless you're of the "Rangers fans eat babies" generation.

Nah, I love Davie Cooper. No a fucking Chance I'd have the **** badge anwhere.

Motherwell fans who "liked" any other team in our competitions are morons.

2 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Nah, I love Davie Cooper. No a fucking Chance I'd have the **** badge anwhere.

Motherwell fans who "liked" any other team in our competitions are morons.

I had a job lot of Rangers/Motherwell half and half scarves made up.  How many can I sell you?