Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

20 hours ago, capt_oats said:

That's yer Declan Gallagher pre-contract confirmed.

Didn't see that one coming tbqh.

Absolutely gutted to see big Dec go for nothing, nothing but good things to say about him. 

Big guy takes no nonsense, literally...

I think Rangers fans have a bit of 'previous' with Gallagher. He was bamming Morelos and a few other players up earlier in the season after they spat the dummy out and refused to shake hands or something like that. By the looks of those tweets some of them are still struggling to come to terms with it.

54 minutes ago, MJC said:

I think Rangers fans have a bit of 'previous' with Gallagher. He was bamming Morelos and a few other players up earlier in the season after they spat the dummy out and refused to shake hands or something like that. By the looks of those tweets some of them are still struggling to come to terms with it.

20181002_125558.thumb.jpg.3a18daad9262bee459fd33b66e294826.jpg

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

Absolutely buzzing to see us building a season ticket campaign around Div Turnbull doing keepie-uppies and James Scott cementing folk in 50/50s.

Some club.

The brochure is pretty good too:
https://issuu.com/motherwellfc/docs/2019_season_ticket_brochure/24

Is it just me that notices the omission of Jake Hastie in the pages referring to young talent coming through. 

Especially as they include James Scott and Barry Maguire.

Are they hedging their bets or as as expected it known he is offski. 

At this rate we may have an outcome on Brexit before we hear about Hastie. 

Just had a look through Well Fans II re the signing of Gallagher.

There's been so many times when I've wanted to respond to posts on that page but I just can't seem to bring myself down to the level of thickness on there.

I have to say though, I'm devastated that we'll no longer be thought of as a "family club" on the back of this one signing.

2 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

I have to say though, I'm devastated that we'll no longer be thought of as a "family club" on the back of this one signing.

Just wait until we offer that contract to Adam Johnson... 

2 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

Just had a look through Well Fans II re the signing of Gallagher.

There's been so many times when I've wanted to respond to posts on that page but I just can't seem to bring myself down to the level of thickness on there.

That page is ludicrously cringey. 

I joined it and posted a couple of times, before quickly realising the horrendous level of 'patter' and footballing knowledge involved. Also never been on a page where absolutely no c**t uses punctuation. 

I'm not the grammar police, nor is my own writing perfect, but you can go literally pages without a comma or full stop in sight. 

Trying to decipher most of the posts gives you a fucking headache. Best avoided. 

On 4/1/2019 at 19:53, Gianfranco said:

The twitter updates of the 20s/reserves have been nowhere near as detailed recently. I take it that was Lewis Irons job when he was still here?

I see that's us replaced Lewis Irons. Laura Brannan's taking over as 'Senior Producer' having finished up at COPA90.

Who knows if that means more Reserves footage but either way"Yay!" for #content.

#WelcomeLaura

Edited by capt_oats

On 12/04/2019 at 14:30, thisGRAEME said:

Please share them like, I think he's a smashing signing and I'm keen to see folk who are wrong. 

Agreed.

Aldred’s been immense for us and will be hard to replace but Gallagher looks as good as a replacement on paper as we could have made. Been excellent defensively for Livingston this season, looks comfortable on the ball and is just about coming into his prime.

Back to middle we actually look in alright shape going into next season. You’d think Gallagher, Dunne and Tait will make up 3 of our back 4, with the only question being whether Robinson takes another stab at signing a left back or just sticks with Tait there. At 21 an still having never started a senior game for us, it’s surely a now or never season for Livingston though.

We’ve got 2 excellent goalkeepers to choose from as well, however I’d imagine Robinson will have a tough decision to make cause I can’t see either being happy with being made 2nd choice. Replacing Gorrin in front of them will be difficult but easier you feel to find a partner for Campbell and Turnbull though, than having to replace either of them themselves.

The forward area though is mental- in terms of wingers/strikers we literally only have James Scott and Danny Johnson under contract for next season. We have to be looking at somewhere between 4 or 5 ‘forwards’ minimum, including a target man and at least a couple of boys with some pace. On our budget, that’s going to be extremely difficult to do in a single window.