Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

The poster who said Hastie is the new Ross Forbes looks to have nailed it.  Remember folk on SO were saying Forbes would play for Scotland one day?  Lolz!

Hastie should be going to wherever the money is.  If he can get himself a deal in the MLS that's worth over $200k a year, he owes his agent a gammy.  He's had a purple patch in his first 10 games of his Premiership career and looks to get a lucrative move on the back of it.  All the best to him. 

You can definitely see why the MLS is an attractive proposition, if that money is being flung about then ever more so. The lifestyle, the opportunity to travel america and play in some incredible stadiums, atlantas being one. playing in front of 50,000 plus fans most weeks in a league that is definitely on the rise. young players are being recognised as well, Jack Marriot going to man city, Miguel Almiron to Newcastle and there was another guy signed for Bayern Munich. 2-3 years ago development wise it would have been a bad move, not so much now.

Every time I see the MLS the guys in it look just other worldly levels of fitness. I canny imagine what 12 months for him in that will do to his body, they'll need to be lashing water cannons on the sidelines to put out the fire behind him.

1 hour ago, Desp said:

The poster who said Hastie is the new Ross Forbes looks to have nailed it.  Remember folk on SO were saying Forbes would play for Scotland one day?  Lolz!

Hastie should be going to wherever the money is.  If he can get himself a deal in the MLS that's worth over $200k a year, he owes his agent a gammy.  He's had a purple patch in his first 10 games of his Premiership career and looks to get a lucrative move on the back of it.  All the best to him. 

That'll be me....:whistle

On 3/8/2019 at 09:41, ONeils4Oyarder said:

Hes had a similar impact to Ross Forbes...Ross Forbes is now tearing it up at Dumbarton. The Club will get it tight, but I'm willing to bet that they know the true worth of the player better than Steven Gerrard.

It really does look to me that Hastie has had a similar sort of initial impact that Forbes has had, and y maybe even knows himself that hes not quite as good as the papers would have us believe. If thats the case and hes cashing in, then I cannae blame him at all.

If Hastie moved anywhere other than Rangers then I wouldn't grudge him the move at all. I also wouldn't be overly bothered as I think that either Cadden or Frear would be more than able to step in to our current system to replace him.

1 hour ago, Desp said:

Ha! I remember it well, it was Forbes and Paul Slane who were going to be starring for Scotland at the World Cup one day, around the same time as folk proclaiming Jim Gannon as a footballing visionary Messiah for winning a few European games in Airdrie against utter dross.  :lol:

Hastie will not be a Motherwell player next season, unfortunately. I don't know where he'll go but it's pretty obvious he won't be staying with us. For all it would be nice to see him hang around and develop, money talks and he'll go where he gets the best offer. That's how it works and anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves.

4 hours ago, MJC said:

Ha! I remember it well, it was Forbes and Paul Slane who were going to be starring for Scotland at the World Cup one day, around the same time as folk proclaiming Jim Gannon as a footballing visionary Messiah for winning a few European games in Airdrie against utter dross.  :lol:

Hastie will not be a Motherwell player next season, unfortunately. I don't know where he'll go but it's pretty obvious he won't be staying with us. For all it would be nice to see him hang around and develop, money talks and he'll go where he gets the best offer. That's how it works and anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves.

Mark Reynolds: Superstar Left Back.

5 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

Mark Reynolds: Superstar Left Back.

The amount of bewilderment over why Reynolds wasn't picked to play for Scotland was and still is baffling.

18 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

He was quick enough that he covered his mistakes well. Sadly that was about it. 

Several years later, we can now clarify that Mark Reynolds was just a shite Charles Dunne.

4 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

To be fair, Steven Saunders was getting picked ahead of him.

As was Gary Kenneth due to his working with Craig Levein. Still, three wrongs don't make a right and it was clear that Reynolds wasn't good enough for that level. I liked him with us and always thought he was a decent player, but to even suggest he was at international level was just wild.

34 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

Having a wee dig at somebody here? 

Specifically mentions downing tools and players with their eyes on other things, not once but twice.

It's a curious comment and seems pretty pointed. No doubt.

Initially you just take it as a standard "the season's pretty much over we need to make sure we don't go on our holidays" but the kicker is "if they've got their eyes on other pictures or other things then they won't play. I'm not here to facilitate people's moves I'm here to win football matches for Motherwell."

It seems a bit more than just a kick up the arse. It's obviously easy to think he's talking about Hastie because he's the one who seems to be in the papers every day getting linked with clubs but given the sheer number of players that are out of contract in the summer you could really take your pick I suppose.

It's interesting that the pull quote on the Twitter feed (again) is about the final third. "I can't fault the effort but, in the end, we weren't quite good enough in the final third in the second half."