Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Seems to be just a respect things between managers. McInnes and Levein both been quoted by our manager as speaking to him before making moves for our players, 

I'm not sure we how much respect we should be paying to two-bob West Lothian outfits with artificial pitches TBH. The fact we're even signing their player is enough respect already.

22 minutes ago, Swello said:

There we have it...

:lol:

Presumably we haven't announced it out of respect for the fact that Gallagher is still a Livi player...

Tam Wright out there just announcing other folk's business.

Edited by capt_oats

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

:lol:

Presumably we haven't announced it out of respect for the fact that Gallagher is still a Livi player...

Tam Wright out there just announcing other folk's business.

Its poor, and crass, from him, and I hope hes just been fed a lie from a journalist to bring the answer about. 

Not his place to announce a move like that at all, and not fair on the player. 

Last time he done it was when Brian Graham went behind his back to speak to County, and continued negotiations with Saints while telling us we were the only club in for him, only to find out he'd been telling County our offer and trying to get them to beat it.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Much as I love hypocrisy as a football supporter, we can't complain that Wright has taken to announcing our signings, the day after scoffing at the fact that we should have been making courtesy calls to Livi about the same player. 

Would be interesting to know what's gone on to piss him off though...

1 hour ago, Swello said:

Much as I love hypocrisy as a football supporter, we can't complain that Wright has taken to announcing our signings, the day after scoffing at the fact that we should have been making courtesy calls to Livi about the same player. 

Would be interesting to know what's gone on to piss him off though...

100%. It's just quite an amusing contrast. Yesterday St Johnstone were a club who had the courtesy to contact Holt first, today Tam Wright's announcing a transfer before the player himself or the club he's joining.  "Unwritten rules" and all that.

It'd be interesting to know the context though and taken on its own it seems a pretty salty comment from TW. 

Edited by capt_oats

12 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

100%. It's just quite an amusing contrast. Yesterday St Johnstone were a club who had the courtesy to contact Holt first, today Tam Wright's announcing a transfer before the player himself of the club he's joining.  "Unwritten rules" and all that.

It'd be interesting to know the context though and taken on its own it seems a pretty salty comment from TW. 

He generally has a reason for doing things like this, so I imagine we'll find out eventually. 

You'll probably find it's similar to the Graham example where hes been strung along in the dark.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

He generally has a reason for doing things like this, so I imagine we'll find out eventually. 

You'll probably find it's similar to the Graham example where hes been strung along in the dark.

You'll know better than me whether there's ever any reliable stuff on WAP but there's a boy over there suggesting that Gallagher had verbally agreed with your lot then changed his mind and signed with us.

I can see how that would piss on Tommy's chips if it's accurate tbf.

1 minute ago, capt_oats said:

You'll know better than me whether there's ever any reliable stuff on WAP but there's a boy over there suggesting that Gallagher had verbally agreed with your lot then changed his mind and signed with us.

I can see how that would piss on Tommy's chips if it's accurate tbf.

Its hit and miss on that site, there seems to be a few folk who genuinely are ITK. O'Halloran, Swanson and Callachan were all confirmed about a week before it was announced.

It certainly adds up though, as Wright generally only makes comments like he has if he feels someone was deceived him.

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Tommy Wright seems to continually get led down the garden path by players.

He treats players with respect, and anticipates it back, that's maybe naive and sees him taken advantage of, but I think its helps with certain players. The likes of O'Halloran, Swanson and Watt have all mentioned it when signing.

It's a shame players like Graham and Gallagher seem to take advantage of that to get better deals elsewhere, but that's where football is just now.

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He treats players with respect, and anticipates it back, that's maybe naive and sees him taken advantage of, but I think its helps with certain players. The likes of O'Halloran, Swanson and Watt have all mentioned it when signing.

It's a shame players like Graham and Gallagher seem to take advantage of that to get better deals elsewhere, but that's where football is just now.

You mean Swanson who's fucked Tommy Wright about numerous times?

10 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

You mean Swanson who's fucked Tommy Wright about numerous times?

Tbf I forgot about that :lol: 

Tbf he only done it once, when he joined Hearts. We never offered him a new deal when Hibs came in for him, and he was pretty open about that being a move he couldn't refuse.

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 minute ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Maybe St Johnstone's offer just isn't as good as ours

Nobodies said it wasnt?

12 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Tommy has said he is signing for us. Unitl Motherwell or the player confirms that it is all speculation. All we know is St Johnstone will not outbid us.

He said that his agent has informed us hes joining Motherwell.

10 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its poor, and crass, from him, and I hope hes just been fed a lie from a journalist to bring the answer about. 

Not his place to announce a move like that at all, and not fair on the player. 

Last time he done it was when Brian Graham went behind his back to speak to County, and continued negotiations with Saints while telling us we were the only club in for him, only to find out he'd been telling County our offer and trying to get them to beat it.

What a lot of pish.