Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

6 minutes ago, Al B said:

David Fererre, he's been the subject of recent chat. Didn't even come on until the 2nd half.

The very one.  A 4-0 win against Hibs in February 2002. 

They were Ferrere's only goals for Motherwell. 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/1808233.stm

Edited by Desp

3 hours ago, capt_oats said:

I post this as a non-gammon who doesn't read the Daily Express so can't corroborate the veracity of the below.

Anyway, according to *cough* VivaMotherwell on twitter dot com the Express has us having beaten St Johnstone to Declan Gallagher's signature on a two year deal (presumably with appropriate indemnity clauses).

In fairness to VivaMotherwell it'd appear they're repeating a rumour that seems to be in a print edition so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We sure it's not Motherwell Red Sox?

That's The Sun reporting the club's agreed a deal with Leeds for McKinstry.

£150k up front with add ons apparently. Fair fucks, good luck to him. Hopefully Robinson can get him on the park at some point between now and the end of the season.

In other news, if anyone's interested that Aztec Retro site are releasing their *cough* "replica" of the 86/87 kit. I got their version of the 80-82 shirt ages ago and it was decent enough.

Edited by capt_oats

5 hours ago, capt_oats said:

That's The Sun reporting the club's agreed a deal with Leeds for McKinstry.

£150k up front with add ons apparently. Fair fucks, good luck to him. Hopefully Robinson can get him on the park at some point between now and the end of the season.

In other news, if anyone's interested that Aztec Retro site are releasing their *cough* "replica" of the 86/87 kit. I got their version of the 80-82 shirt ages ago and it was decent enough.

Now available - £45 https://aztecretro.com/products/motherwell-1986-87-home-shirt

Well...there's yer Jake Hastie talking to Scott Mullen for the BBC.

Hastie's current contract at the Scottish Premiership club runs out in the summer with negotiations ongoing about an extension.

While a conclusion has yet to be reached, the forward's mind already seems made up.

"I don't want to go anywhere," he said. "I want to stay here, keep my feet on the ground and keep progressing.

"I've been lucky to come in straight away. Hopefully I can keep doing what I'm doing."

Good lad.

Edit: interesting follow up tweet from Mullen indicating that Hastie's development compensation would be over £300k. If that's the case then it begs the question of Cadden's dev fee given he's been at the club 13 years, played almost 140 games and has 2 full international along with his 12 u21 caps.

With that figure for Hastie and given Lewis Ferguson went from Accies to Aberdeen for £238k after 14 games then the £650k-ish Robinson quoted ages ago for an out of contract Cadden doesn't seem that unrealistic.

Edited by capt_oats

It’s magic you know? The ‘Well have won six in a row! Sparra is joined by Jay and Joe McKelvie to look back on the win against Hearts, discuss the trip to Celtic Park, react to the news of James Scott signing a new deal at Fir Park, the potential departure of Stuart McKinstry and more.

https://www.mfc1886.com/mfc-podcast-2018-19-episode-29-2/

13 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:
15 hours ago, Busta Nut said:
I was speaking to McKinstry's Mum a while ago confirmed he was goin there. Seemed all done then.

Hastie is great and I want us to give him a 10 year deal.

They were saying on the radio this afternoon that a deal had been done with Leeds but didn't mention a figure.

I was speaking to a family member of his on Saturday.  He said Stuart was down in Leeds in the middle of last week signing the contract. 

A shame for Motherwell, as the lad appears to be very highly rated, but what a superb opportunity for him. 

According to Neil McCann 6 games ago your fans were ‘hounding’ David Turnbull for having to audacity to put his foot on the ball and pick a pass.

Can Well fans confirm that Mr McCann is, in fact, speaking shite? 

Sounded to me like he was attempting to cast similarities between Motherwells current run and what he was trying (and failing) to do at Dundee.

4 minutes ago, AngusTheBull said:

According to Neil McCann 6 games ago your fans were ‘hounding’ David Turnbull for having to audacity to put his foot on the ball and pick a pass.

Can Well fans confirm that Mr McCann is, in fact, speaking shite? 

Sounded to me like he was attempting to cast similarities between Motherwells current run and what he was trying (and failing) to do at Dundee.

Happy to confirm that he is, in fact, speaking shite.