Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

46 minutes ago, WeeAlf said:
Gordon Banks, is he the only world cup winner to play at Fir Park?

Karl-Heinz Riedle is another one.

Did Stéphane Guivarc'h ever play at FP?

Edit: It seems Bobby Moore turned out for Fulham in an Anglo-Scottish Cup game as well.

Edited by capt_oats

11 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Is the criteria to be at FP a previous winner? or do future winners count?

I would say only previous winners. Otherwise they weren't a World Cup winner when they played at Fir Park.

Did Lionel Charbonnier play for Rangers at Fir Park?  Was Canniggia in the Argentine '86 squad?

Edit - Juninho is one, surely?  Played for Celtic around 2004ish after he won it with Brazil in 2002.  Definitely played at Fir Park. 

Edited by Desp

9 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Roberto Carlos (!) appears to have been part of the Brazil team that went out of the 1989 u17 World Cup on penalties to Bahrain at Fir Park.

I'm going to bed.

Is it definitely the Roberto Carlos?  I mean, there's at least two Brazilian footballers called Fred so as far as I'm concerned, all bets are off when it comes to names from that country.

5 minutes ago, AndyRoss said:

Lionel Charbonnier was a member of France's 1998 winning squad, don't know if he played at Fir Park mind you. 

He also didn't play a game at France 98.

Big Charbs does not give a single f**k about zis stat, as he sits at home polishing his World Cup winners medal...

Anyone got the team info on our 1-0 win over Rangers in October 1998?  It was John Spencer's debut when he scored the winner - I can't remember who was in goals for Rangers though.  I know Charbonnier got injured fairly early on in his Rangers career, so not sure if Klos had taken over by that point.

4 minutes ago, Desp said:

Big Charbs does not give a single f**k about zis stat, as he sits at home polishing his World Cup winners medal...

Anyone got the team info on our 1-0 win over Rangers in October 1998?  It was John Spencer's debut when he scored the winner - I can't remember who was in goals for Rangers though.  I know Charbonnier got injured fairly early on in his Rangers career, so not sure if Klos had taken over by that point.

It was definitely Charbonnier playing for them that night, Spencer left him all ends up at the winner. All that was four days after that 5-0 pumping in Perth in Billy Davies first game and no one, but no one saw us beating Rangers.

M Kaven (G) N/A  
K Christie (D) N/A Yellow card
S McMillan (D) N/A  
M Doesburg (D) N/A  
J McGowan (D) N/A  
S Teale (D) N/A  
(66) D Adams (M) N/A  
S Valakari (M) N/A  
G Brannan (M) N/A  
(76) J Spencer (F) N/A  
O Coyle (F) N/A  

S Woods (G) N/A