Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

48 minutes ago, Desp said:

You confuse me.

Could you elaborate on what’s hard to understand? Only confusing part is where I said hopefully we can get Main off the books but wouldn’t mind him staying as he’s a no bad option but I said “main stay” but forgot a wee word in there, my mistake sorry to confuse you. All jokes aside what’s so hard to get?

Edited by supermarv
Misspelled word

I've been impressed with Watson on every occasion I've seen him play (albeit that's only four times). If Hastie has returned from Alloa looking ready for the first team, I hope the same can happen with Broque. - it looks like it'll be a make of break spell for him with his deal due to end in the summer. 

It's  competitive environment to go into as well with East Fife right in the hunt for promotion, they are well behind Arbroath who are  romping the league. but look a shoe in for the play-off's. 

11 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Well...this one probably explains the Kilgallon link and tbqh doesn't actually surprise me.

#pete6 to the Hibs...

It’s a weird one the guy actually has 86.9k followers but it’s a hard one to believe unless we bring in someone else to cover.

7 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Sounds made up to me. They don't have a manager so who would be making that sort of decision? Not Eddie May, that's for sure- he seems to be distancing himself from any responsibility.

They've lost Ambrose and Porteous is probably out for a while after he picked up that injury against us. Hartley isn't going to be a first pick for us ahead of Aldred or Dunne and it's probably an awkward situation to have your captain sat on the bench.

It may well be made up but I wouldn't be massively surprised. Would we help Dempster out with a short term loan 'til the end of the season?

2 minutes ago, AndyRoss said:

Would it disappoint anyone? I think he's really struggled this season. 

100%. As it stands McHugh's probably a better option for cover as left sided centre back tbh.

Also, Hartley's whole rationale when he signed for us from Blackpool was that he wanted to play games. You can't see that happening just now.

Edited by capt_oats

Whatever we do, let's keep the captain's armband away from Richard Tait. 

Lasley appears to have jinxed it in the same way Hammell has cursed the no.3 shirt for those who follow.

6 minutes ago, Desp said:

Lasley appears to have jinxed it in the same way Hammell has cursed the no.3 shirt for those who follow.

If you look at the stats I’d be more inclined to say we’ve won more games with Tait as captain than we’ve lost when he’s captain. Tait is the heart of the team IMO.

6 minutes ago, Desp said:

Do you know, I was looking at Tait on Saturday thinking that he looks absolutely like a Motherwell captain. Covered in grass stains and the white line down his back, hair all over the place, bawling at people.

Oh captain my captain.

13 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Do you know, I was looking at Tait on Saturday thinking that he looks absolutely like a Motherwell captain. Covered in grass stains and the white line down his back, hair all over the place, bawling at people.

Oh captain my captain.

He's not got much hair on his heid but god damn would I follow that beautiful, crossfitting b*****d into battle.