Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

3 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I noticed Tymon's been getting a game for Stoke's first team since the new manager came in. He was also subbed off after 43 minutes the other night with an injury (no idea how serious).

I'd have said that ATS leaving just means we're committing to going with Grimshaw at right back and settling with Tait or Livingstone at left back. Looking at where we are and the fact that Tait's consistently been our best option in there then I'd have thought we'd prioritise a forward assuming we can get shot of a couple who are already on the books either on loan or permanently.

As it stands we've Main / McCormack / Sammon / Johnson / Scott all playing for one position. Seems unrealistic to think we can bring another forward in without at least 2 of those moving on whether it's permanently, on loan or even a development loan for someone like Scott and do what we did with Hastie and make sure he gets games.

If you've watched the Sunderland documentary on Netflix then the episodes on Deadline day pretty much show how much of a shitshow it really is if you're  as much of a mess as Sunderland  and desperate to get bodies in. It's entirely a domino effect. Teams miss out on targets then just start turning to 3rd, 4th, 5th choices.

You would assume that if Desp is right then of the two players leaving, one of them at least will be a forward.  If its two forwards gone then I'd agree that it'll be a forward coming in. 

Robinson did say he felt he needed a forward and a left back before ATS left which suggests to me he's still not able to trust Livingstone 100% so if only one forward leaves then I'd guess a left back will come in. 

I didn't realise that tymon had been getting his game and if he's injured then that should be a non-starter. 

Basically in all this rambling I have no clue what will happen today but probably for the first transfer deadline day ever I wouldn't be massively bothered if nobody comes in and we decide to give the younger guys a prolonged chance in the team. 

2 minutes ago, weemac said:

You would assume that if Desp is right then of the two players leaving, one of them at least will be a forward.  If its two forwards gone then I'd agree that it'll be a forward coming in. 

Robinson did say he felt he needed a forward and a left back before ATS left which suggests to me he's still not able to trust Livingstone 100% so if only one forward leaves then I'd guess a left back will come in. 

I didn't realise that tymon had been getting his game and if he's injured then that should be a non-starter. 

Basically in all this rambling I have no clue what will happen today but probably for the first transfer deadline day ever I wouldn't be massively bothered if nobody comes in and we decide to give the younger guys a prolonged chance in the team. 

Well...

Farewell Fish...we barely knew ya.

Sammon was a weird signing in the summer, we literally didn't need him in our squad and on our wage bill - and so there isn't really any surprise that it didn't work out as far as I'm concerned.  I do think people go overboard about him though - to listen to some of the chat it's as if he's Jacob Blyth's less talented (pizza loving) brother and that isn't the case. 

If this is all true, it does make me wonder who he's making way for though.....

5 minutes ago, Swello said:

Sammon was a weird signing in the summer, we literally didn't need him in our squad and on our wage bill - and so there isn't really any surprise that it didn't work out as far as I'm concerned.  I do think people go overboard about him though - to listen to some of the chat it's as if he's Jacob Blyth's less talented (pizza loving) brother and that isn't the case. 

If this is all true, it does make me wonder who he's making way for though.....

Yeah, pretty much. I've no beef with Sammon, and it was worth it for the giggles we got out of it tbh.

There's a certain amount of irony in that as soon as we start playing in a style that would actually suit a player like Sammon, we get rid. 

No issue with him moving on though. At best, he was only ever going to be an awright signing. 

One away, one to go... 

We're apparently "tracking" Matt Kilgallon from Accies along with Hibs and United.

This seemed daft initially but then I remembered big Mbulu was subbed off after 16 mins in the Reserves game on Monday. Leaves us with 3 centre halves 2 who are pretty...injury prone.

Edited by capt_oats

12 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

Personally I have no idea what you are on about.

Hide contents

Hide contents

Hide contents

IMG_2063.jpg

He's basically my fitness #goals in a living breathing human being. I'll even look like him when my hairline finally relents and I go Agassi. Up the Sammon IMO.

7 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

We're apparently "tracking" Matt Kilgallon from Accies along with Hibs and United.

This seemed daft initially but then I remembered big Mbulu was subbed off after 16 mins in the Reserves game on Monday. Leaves us with 3 centre halves 2 who are pretty...injury prone.

That would be a deal that would leave the moon worshippers in the support going mental. Signing a 35yr old while Maguire is away on loan. I can hear them now. 

Also why has he put Everton at the bottom of that tweet

If we manage to get Sammon off the wage bill the it’s great business and hopefully get Newell and Main elsewhere on loan or transfer but would prefer main stay and help as much as he’s shit. I’m HOPING for a striker and a left back but not fussed about the left back situation as I believe Livingstone could do well there but ultimately it’s the managers choice.

4 minutes ago, supermarv said:

If we manage to get Sammon off the wage bill the it’s great business and hopefully get Newell and Main elsewhere on loan or transfer but would prefer main stay and help as much as he’s shit. I’m HOPING for a striker and a left back but not fussed about the left back situation as I believe Livingstone could do well there but ultimately it’s the managers choice.

You confuse me.

I have no issues with Sammon either. I have never rated him but he never really got a chance here and as mentioned previously, listening to some of the shouts in the stands you'd think he was evil.

9 minutes ago, AndyRoss said:

Loving all these ITK accounts that pop up on days like these, some of them make Agent Scotland look respectable. 

That's a bit harsh on McGarry, mate.