Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

11 hours ago, supermarv said:

From a good source and sadly as I write this it pains me but Sammon is staying unless something changes like a club come in for him etc.

So Sammon is staying at Motherwell unless he ends up going elsewhere? 

That's some fucking source you've got there :lol::lol:

Rumour going about you lot offered O'Halloran a "huge deal" to get him, but he decided rejoining Saints was better for his career.

He's apparently earning the much talked about "six figure wage" of Scougall, of around £2k a week.

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Rumour going about you lot offered O'Halloran a "huge deal" to get him, but he decided rejoining Saints was better for his career.

He's apparently earning the much talked about "six figure wage" of Scougall, of around £2k a week.

Not wholly surprised we were in for him, for the reasons I mentioned when the news broke he'd left Melbourne City. He's precisely the player Robinson was outlining before the window opened. Equally it's no real surprise he's ended up back in Perth as his career has been pretty much in flux since he left the first time round. Moving back to a club he knows and a manager who's got the best out him makes sense rather than going to another new club and a new manager (and one who's been bookies favourite for another job at the minute).

Having said that, given we've got budget tied up in guys like Sammon, Bigi and even Main amongst others that we don't really seem able to shift not to mention Robinson's been vocal about our limited budget it's interesting to hear (even as a rumour) that we'd be offing a "huge deal".

Granted he's a known and we've been reportedly in for MOH loads so we may have felt comfortable investing in him but still...interesting.

Edited by capt_oats

3 hours ago, Desp said:

So Sammon is staying at Motherwell unless he ends up going elsewhere? 

That's some fucking source you've got there :lol::lol:

Basically we are stuck with him but with the rumours circulating of clubs interested that would he the only way we’d be able to get rid. Nobody comes in he stays the loan can’t be terminated.

34 minutes ago, supermarv said:

Basically we are stuck with him but with the rumours circulating of clubs interested that would he the only way we’d be able to get rid. Nobody comes in he stays the loan can’t be terminated.

So you're "source" told you something that's already in the public domain? 

200w (3).gif

I've always thought our result against Albion Rovers was the worst ever Scottish Cup result, we were second in the top league they were second bottom, I think, of the bottom SFL league, but does that Ayr result beat it?

I've always thought our result against Albion Rovers was the worst ever Scottish Cup result, we were second in the top league they were second bottom, I think, of the bottom SFL league, but does that Ayr result beat it?
No.

Albion Rovers have only beaten Motherwell once.

After today's disgraceful performance, Robinson's position is now untenable imo.

How much money has he been allowed to spunk over this season on signings? And how many times have we seen this type of performance this season? A side sits in, gets control of the midfield and bides their time until we gift them a chance...that is how you beat this Motherwell side.

Last season was good, but that's in the past (and we were very, very lucky in the Scottish Cup last season, how many o.gs, keeper/defender blunders did we get on the way?) and this season has been one utter clusterfuck from start to finish. Robinson has failed BIG TIME in all aspects of managing this season, from his signings to performances, he has fallen short. He has been lucky that we have been able to pick up the odd decent result here and there this season, mostly down to the opposition fucking up more than anything we did but overall his record doesn't lie.

Our season is over as far as anything to look forward to this season, on the 19th of fucking January as we whimper out of the cup at home to a lower league club. There is no way of sugarcoating that, that is just not good enough and we need a change.

Robinson Out.