Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

See that's Robinson in at 4/1 alongside Warburton with Skybet for next Luton manager after Nathan Jones took the Stoke job. Michael Appleton's the current favourite at 2/1.

I kind of wondered if he'd be quoted for it. Robinson's former Luton captain with 185 appearances for them. 42.2% win rate in 90 games with us, 2 cup finals...for all it's been a fairly shite season so far his CV looks a lot better now than when he was binned by Oldham.

Edit: update...he's now favourite at 2/1.

You'd fancy Michael Appleton for that as he attempts to manage every club in England for a fortnight.

The bold Robbo bigging up Jake Hastie there...a "revelation in training". Also talking up being able to go 433 and saying he'd like to add more but seems dependent on some folk moving on.

He sounds enthusiastic about James Scott too.

Edited by capt_oats

14 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

The bold Robbo bigging up Jake Hastie there...a "revelation in training". Also talking up being able to go 433 and saying he'd like to add more but seems dependent on some folk moving on.

Will be interesting to see who we move out then and would be excellent to see Hastie, Scott aswell as Livingstone aswell push into the squad 

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

He also seems to suggest by that interview that Frear is still in his plans as well,  be interesting to see who the couple are that he wants to move on.

17 minutes ago, Del_Superwell said:

He also seems to suggest by that interview that Frear is still in his plans as well,  be interesting to see who the couple are that he wants to move on.

I clocked him mentioning Frear though it was with a tentative perhaps. I've a feeling we're open to offers on pretty much anyone around the fringes of the squad who are going into the last 6 months of their deals tbh.

Notable that he was very complimentary to the work Alloa have done with Hastie and he qualified that by saying he's a big advocate of loaning the #youngmotherwell players out. Goodwin seems to be doing a smashing job there.

The comments about development loans (such as they were) made me wonder how that works seeing as Craigan's left his post. I know Barry Maguire's away to QoS but he was in that grey area between 1st team and Reserves so you can see Robinson OK'ing that one. Curious as to who gets the say on where they go on loan as you'd think the ones who aren't in Tenerife with the first team are more likely to be loaned out so Brown, Watson, MacDonald...Semple?

I mean, ultimately the fact that those type of loans mean that the player is available for the Reserves anyway so it's kind of semantics but you'd have thought that the Reserve manager would have a say in where the players are being loaned out to.

Given Craigan was announced as leaving on 20th December and the club were planning on undertaking a review of the pathway for 18-21 year olds before appointing a replacement it's been pretty quiet on that front and it's been 3 weeks-ish. I noticed The Sun mention that McManus had been linked with a move to Celtic's Academy recently as well.

Edited by capt_oats