Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

57 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

One of my mates once played 7-a-side with Joe Chalmers and says big Chalminho ran the show.

True story.

I'd imagine any professional player would look like pele compared to normal punters.

I can't remember where I read it but someone made the point pretty well using another player as an example - that a player like Chalmers, who we think of as "shite" was probably the best player in his school/boys club *by fucking miles* and was good enough to get a place in the youth setup of a big club. He was then good enough to stand out against lots of others at his age group and got to the point where he was offered a professional contract. He was then good enough at U20/Reserve level to convince the first team manager that he was worth playing for the first team. Only a minute percentage of people who are good at football get to the level he got to - so he might be relatively shite compared to top level footballers in Scotland but compared to us, he's fucking brilliant :) 

Edited by Swello

57 minutes ago, Swello said:

I'd imagine any professional player would look like pele compared to normal punters.

I can't remember where I read it but someone made the point pretty well using another player as an example - that a player like Chalmers, who we think of as "shite" was probably the best player in his school/boys club *by fucking miles* and was good enough to get a place in the youth setup of a big club. He was then good enough to stand out against lots of others at his age group and got to the point where he was offered a professional contract. He was then good enough at U20/Reserve level to convince the first team manager that he was worth playing for the first team. Only a minute percentage of people who are good at football get to the level he got to - so he might be relatively shite compared to top level footballers in Scotland but compared to us, he's fucking brilliant :) 

That's Fever Pitch I think, not 100% sure like.

1 minute ago, supermarv said:

Didn’t quite believe it myself but checked his page n got a couple stuff right but didn’t entirely believe this one at all 

He'll do the same as Agent Scotland, and delete the majority of those he got wrong as soon as the window shuts, so when you look back he has plausibility. 

I'd be surprised, for instance, if his tweet about Dundee signing Gabby Agbonlahor, survives beyond February.

2 hours ago, wellboy1991 said:

When did they head to Tenerife? I saw ATS this morning sitting in traffic on Airbles Road so he must not be away?

He earned the right to have a seat on the plane. Was at Glasgow airport and breezed through passport control. Shimmied through duty free, tackling the crowds and free whisky samples with ease. It was looking good as he climbed the stairs up to the aircraft, starting to look like he might get a run in the plane. Then one of his legs fell off. 

Shitty luck really, just as he was making the position his own. 

4 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

One of my mates once played 7-a-side with Joe Chalmers and says big Chalminho ran the show.

True story.

First time I ever heard of Louis Moult was a text from my mate from Stoke saying "I heard you've just signed a boy I play 5's with" :lol:.

Flipside....me and The Kaiser were in the same class at school (no, I don't call him The Kaiser :lol:) and played for the same boys club/school/county teams. Back then if I were to pick 3 of us that would make it as pro's, i'm not sure he'd have been one of them. His fitness and engine were miiiiiiillllles above anyone elses though, then when he started getting professional standard training at Falkirk his whole game just went through the roof and he very quickly became the player he ended up.

Edited by Al B

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Please, for your own sake, don't bother with that Twitter account.

You better be right @RandomGuy , he's quoting us as being interested in taking Jack Hendry on loan from Celtic.....  I don't think we've offended anyone at Parkhead have we?