Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Stumbled across this during what has been a very slow afternoon at work - revolutionary times at Fir Park, where the board has been cutting prices and attracting bigger crowds.
https://www.wsc.co.uk/the-archive/30-Clubs/6035-all-well-and-good

I remember being at the Dundee Utd game with the reduced entry - pretty sure it’s the only time (aside from the Dortmund game) where I’ve been sitting in the south stand?

That's one of the very few times that I can think of where the hype that seems to catch on regularly at other clubs was in evidence at 'Well. To get a sellout in a  6.05pm Sunday TV slot against Dundee Utd is still unbelievable  at a club where winning the cup and finishing 3rd and 2nd with genuinely good teams a few years before barely nudged the needle. 

It's actually quite nice to see the optimistic stage before the worst value for money in the history of the club unfolded...

9 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

https://www.mfc1886.com/mfc-podcast-2018-19-episode-24/

Sparra is joined by Busta and Jay to look back on the final fixtures of 2018, discuss the signing of Ross McCormack, reflect on 2018 and share their hopes for the new year at Fir Park.

There was a few messages this morning that the play button was missing on this, that should be resolved now. 

That's one of the very few times that I can think of where the hype that seems to catch on regularly at other clubs was in evidence at 'Well. To get a sellout in a  6.05pm Sunday TV slot against Dundee Utd is still unbelievable  at a club where winning the cup and finishing 3rd and 2nd with genuinely good teams a few years before barely nudged the needle. 
It's actually quite nice to see the optimistic stage before the worst value for money in the history of the club unfolded...

Spent a good bit of time trawling through the player database on MotherwellNet last night. The amount of folk we had who made literally one sub appearance before leaving again is bizarre. Although I suppose all pre-Bosman, transfer windows, restrictions on playing trialists etc.

Saïd Chiba though [emoji7]

Well. Pace, width...quality and a player we've been linked with for pretty much the last 3 transfer windows. Hmmmmm.

"City’s Scottish winger Michael O’Halloran has also been released from his contract due to homesickness – a hamstring injury resigned the ex-Rangers man made just one A-League appearance, as a late sub in the recent Melbourne derby – opening up another spot for attacking reinforcements."

Edit: in all seriousness, MOH would tick pretty much every box in the checklist of what Robinson was listing as him needing. On top of that, if Melbourne City have released him from his deal he's available permanently and on a free.

Edited by capt_oats

22 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Well. Pace, width...quality and a player we've been linked with for pretty much the last 3 transfer windows. Hmmmmm.

Edit: in all seriousness, MOH would tick pretty much every box in the checklist of what Robinson was listing as him needing. On top of that, if Melbourne City have released him from his deal he's available permanently and on a free.

Takes me back to summer where MOH and Gauld were coming :)

(but after the McCormack signing, I'm not going pour cold water on this one)

Just now, Swello said:

Takes me back to summer where MOH and Gauld were coming :)

(but after the McCormack signing, I'm not going pour cold water on this one)

Pretty much the same. With Cadden out we genuinely don't have an option for the right side.

There are certain confirmation biases here but with Robinson having been quite explicit about wanting to add quality in the final third and also making it clear that he's after wide players and players who can change a game but would cost money it's difficult not to hear that he's been released (having not been near the Melbourne City squad) and think "Oh...!".

Especially after he went to the effort to go and watch us in the cup final too...:)

Nottingham Forest’s Gboly Ariyibi joins on loan

New number 12 in. 

Motherwell have taken Nottingham Forest’s United States Under 23 international Gboly Ariyibi on loan until the end of the current season.

The 23-year-old forward is the second addition of the January window, following the recent arrival of Ross McCormack from Aston Villa.

Without falling in to the trap of signing a player off of YouTube he looks something like what we are missing. Honestly anyone willing to actually run at a defender and take them on is welcomed with open arms. 

Failing that, the last time we signed a "pacey wide player" it turned out he'd won his contract in the raffle at a race night so really anything is an improvement on yer man Demi.

Edited by well fan for life