Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Feck knows who we are going to play at the back and upfront at Hamilton.

I like Bowman but he is nowhere near good enough so hopefully he’s offski.

I’d agree with Swello’s point about us being blessed with strikers. I’m my career supporting us we’ve had McFadden, McDonald, McCormack, Porter, Sutton, Higdon and others that have usually helped us finish above the likes of Killie and St Mirren.

The guys warming up at half time were just living the dream of kicking a ball on the Fir Park pitch.

If we have seriously been offered any sort of money for Bowman we need to rip the arm clean off the club offering, the guy is totally ineffective at this level for us. Yes, he had a decent spell at the beginning of 2017/18 when he was the main partner/foil to Louis Moult but has never looked the same or been anything like as effective since Moult's departure exactly a year ago now.

If we have seriously been offered any sort of money for Bowman we need to rip the arm clean off the club offering, the guy is totally ineffective at this level for us. Yes, he had a decent spell at the beginning of 2017/18 when he was the main partner/foil to Louis Moult but has never looked the same or been anything like as effective since Moult's departure exactly a year ago now.

Exactly this. The guy is comfortably one of the worst players we have in the squad. He’s had a couple of good games but in the main he’s totally rank rotten. His party piece of making every touch he takes in the final third aim towards a corner flag is grating on me big time.

Not that I’m saying Sammon is good but I’d start him every day of the week ahead of Bowman.

On 12/25/2018 at 13:12, Ron Aldo said:
On 12/25/2018 at 09:34, madwullie said:
Joined well fans ii yesterday. A hundred notifications an hour

99% of that group are absolute roasters. There's the odd post which makes sense but you need to trawl through some amount of shite to find them.

Joking aside it's literally the first ten posts on my news feed when I log in. I think I might have made a terrible mistake. 

Far from our biggest concern right now, but as an aside, just what was the point in the club spending money last summer to upgrade the scoreboard when it never works properly? Yet again yesterday it showed its inability to cope with having to update on more than one occasion in a short space of time, ie. the early subs. Just like in the Celtic game when similar happened it ended up freezing, then crashing altogether. It's the same before the game watching it trying to list the lineups.

Everything about the club is so depressingly shite just now.

It probably is an indicator of where we are at that yesterday was regarded as better in terms of performance.

The forced changes so early on, I felt gave us a bit more shape and structure. I bemoaned our lack of width the other day, so can't really moan we put Frear in from the start, but it's pretty odd that he hadn't been brought off the bench against St Mirren. 

It's been a poor festive period so far, with injuries and suspensions mounting, Accies is looking like a pretty daunting prospect right now.

What was the take on Turnbull yesterday? Very much hope this isn't the type of 'bug' that you are advised to pick up ahead of signing a contract with another team. 

I can't think of being less bothered about a player leaving than Bowman. I'm sure he's a nice guy and that but he's absolute dung as a footballer at this level.

I look forward to him scoring 15 goals in the second half of the season for whoever he signs for.

Just now, Ron Aldo said:

I can't think of being less bothered about a player leaving than Bowman. I'm sure he's a nice guy and that but he's absolute dung as a footballer at this level.

I look forward to him scoring 15 goals in the second half of the season for whoever he signs for.

Chat seems to be he's off to Exeter to replace the bold Jayden Stockley and team up with Nicky Law and the invisible man himself, Jake Taylor.

Quite enjoying the spin from Robinson here. Like we weren't packing his bags for him as soon as the offer came in for Bowman...

“We have accepted an offer from another club from Ryan. They have made him an offer that we couldn’t compete with.

“Ryan is speaking personal terms now and heading down there for a medical. So we will see what happens with that one.

“We are a selling club, we sell players, and it frees up his wages to try and go and replace him if he does get the deal done.”

Link

It'd be pretty fucking bold but given Main and Newell are both out of contract at the end of the season and Sammon's on loan then given how  critical he's been of our forwards I could see him going full scorched earth and binning them all if we can find clubs for them and get a nominal fee in the case of Main.

Then again it's amounts to 3 league goals between Bowman, Main, Newell and Sammon this season. Maybe it wouldn't be that bold after all.

Edited by capt_oats

It's been clear for a while the big man isn't quite the required standard for what we need at the minute, but I had a lot of time for Bowman.  I'll wonder what would have happened if he'd taken and scored the penalty against Accies on his debut.  McGhee ordered it off him and it took nearly six months to get his first goal.

One thing you can't level at him was his commitment.  He'd always give 100%.  It's always seemed as well that anytime he'd get a couple of goals in quick succession, he'd soon pick up a knock or a wee injury.

It's the right thing to move him on and get a replacement in, but he'll go with my best wishes.  The seethe he generated from the cream buns will live long in the memory.  Awra best Ryan!

Yep - Bowman is a player that I liked as it was clear that this was a step up for him and he probably played in the biggest games of his career last season - hope he does well wherever he ends up.

Given that Robinson was unusually personal in his criticism of Main after the Killie game, I was interested to see if he is going to move on too as I'd imagine he is one of the higher earners...

1 minute ago, Ron Aldo said:

Is he an out-and-out striker or an attacking midfielder? 10 goals in 82 games (according to Wiki) doesn't seem overly impressive on the face of it.

Not a natural scorer links up play from mid to front.