Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Quite different looking reserves line-up today for the game against Morton.

DqrXiEIXgAAltOl.jpg

Presumably 442.

Morrison
MacDonald Krones Armstrong Livingstone
Watson Cornelius Brown Hastie
Semple Scott

Edit: Finished 1-0.

The fantastically named Broque Watson with another goal.

Edited by capt_oats

SR is starting to sound rather desperate with chat about bad luck - outwith the Rangers game, we've scored 1 goal at home if I'm not wrong?  And you could count the amount of proper goalscoring chances we've had with your ten fingers, in those games. Could quite easily repeat a lot of what's been said over the last 10 days, but ultimately it's our, and Stephen Robinson's fault, that we are where we are, and not bad luck.

2 hours ago, Casagolda said:

Turnbull in talks over a new contract according to Robinson, to the surprise of absolutely nobody.

NINTCHDBPICT0004465865311.jpg?strip=all&

Hopefully it’s one of they Jim McLean 8 year deal efforts.

That's actually one of the more interesting Robinson interviews of late tbh.

I note that Turnbull's agent was pressing for him to go out on loan but Robinson blocked that (thankfully I guess given he's properly dug us out a hole). I seem to remember reading that Robinson patched MacLean when he was asking to go on loan last season and it went the other way with him basically ending up sat on his arse for half a season.

It kind of opens up the whole development debate. Thinking back to the some of the absolute heads-gone meltdowns from certain sections of the fanbase when Dom Thomas moved on it seems clear to me that guys like Cadden, Campbell and Turnbull have either established themselves or are establishing themselves in a way that the bold DT23 never did. Even Ben Hall made more of an impact in his short spell in the first team before jumping ship to Brighton u23s. Interesting to note Robinson mentions Hall in that interview too.

Campbell's most recent contract was an extension in 2017 to take him up to 2021, so it was a 4 year deal (though he was already contracted until 2019). He was 19 at the time, same age as Turnbull is now. Depending on how the DOBs go in terms of development fees/compensation I wouldn't be surprised if it was a similar deal Turnbull was being offered.

Hopefully Turnbull's one of a few of the #YoungMotherwell squad getting offered deals tbqh. It seems a sensible time to get it sorted.

Edited by capt_oats