Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

54 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:
Have we lost the right to show proper highlights? I quite like to watch them when I wake up on a Sunday.

No idea. I’m in the same boat. The whole ‘Story Of The Match’ pieces are nice and all that but I enjoyed watching the more traditional extended highlights package.

I wondered if they were perhaps changing things up a bit with the live streaming for international fans that Burrows mentioned they were planning on rolling out the other week.

Given we’ve got the cameras there and are uploading the clips of the goals it seems unlikely we’ve lost any rights.

Edited by capt_oats

Thought yesterdays performance was much more encouraging particularly first half after a slow 5 mins,  we grew into the game and actually played some decent stuff at times that allowed the likes of Bigi and Gorrin to make passes.  Thought Main was much sharper looking yesterday and did well to set up Johnsons goal,  I doubt Sammon would've been able to pick out that pass personally.   Second half was a bit more of a non event but Campbell nearly scored a brilliant goal which came back off the post,  livi had more of the ball during the second half but they never really  tested Carson.   Overall much more positives than negatives compared to last week,  lets try to build on this and string a few results together in the league.

On 7/29/2018 at 22:30, Swello said:

Both in midfield and up front - I'm less concerned. I think we've got plenty of options and it's going to take some games to work out what the best options are - as is the case every year.  I may be miles out- but I have a funny feeling that Johnson will end up being one of the "first choice" strikers before the year is out..

Snap judgement, but this may end up being the case by the end of August.

Looking at the goals Johnson's scored thus far he seems a very different type of striker to your Moult, Sutton, Higdon etc but far more likely to work as part of a partnership with one of Main, Bowman or Sammon. I'm possibly wallowing in a bit of nostalgia this morning but he seems more of a throwback to someone like Arnott than we've seen in recent years.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I’ve not got a lot of time for it either to be honest.

If I’m not at a game, I want to watch highlights back of what happened- not a 2 minute montage that’s only about 30% football. Does anyone really want to see shots of the crowd or the players warming up? 

If it was a big cup win like one of the semi’s last year then fair enough but every week? It’s gonna get old pretty quickly, if it hasn’t already.

Just stick to the highlights which, for the all content they produce, was still the best thing about the clubs social media output. 

31 minutes ago, mjw said:

Did they miss Campbell hitting the post in the story of the match?

Yup, along with Lawless hitting the bar and Carson’s fingertip save to deny Miller.

Still, some real nice shots of folk clapping and players stretching.

I think the Story of the Match stuff is fine (even if it's not my cup of tea) - but only if it's alongside the match highlights. Since the club have been doing them, watching the highlights when they appeared at midnight has been part of my football routine, especially as I can watch them on the day of the game and not have to wait for the (often shite) BBC package the next day - and they are even more valuable for midweek games when the BBC don't have a highlights show.

Would be a real shame if they've ditched the highlights for any other reason than pressure from the broadcasters or Hampden Beaks. I'm a huge fan of the media output of the club - love it - but at the end of the day, the actual football is the core thing and it would be crazy to chuck that. Fortunately, there haven't been any highlights to show in the league, so sneak them back in time for the Rangers game lads and we'll say no more about it :) 

I hope the injury picked up by Newell doesn't rule him out for too long*

* I didn't see the game, or read any reports from it, but it's a strong probability, isn't it?