Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Perhaps.

However Hamilton have only picked up 13 points in total so far 2018- Partick Thistle(3), Ross County(4) & Motherwell(6).

They ended up finishing last season with less points than Richie Foran’s Inverness got relegated with, maybe they are just a bit shit. 

We just seem to be the only ones daft enough to try and ‘out battle’ them instead of just beating them at football like every other team in the league. 

I always find the heads gone when we lose to Accies pretty bizarre tbh.  In recent years we've generally occupied the same 7-11th spots that they have and they've beat us at least once every season since they came up bar one. Our support would have you believe Saturday was one of the worst results in our entire history and an instant sackable offence.

28 minutes ago, welldaft said:
Would like to see Turnbull being given a chance v Livingston this weekend. I know it is unlikely but apart from Bigi none of our other midfielders did a turn v Hamilton.

I think we’ve won every game (3) Turnbull’s featured in (Dundee in the SC, Thistle at Firhill and Accies at FP).

For that reason alone I say get him in the team.

Edited by capt_oats

I note Jake Hastie played last night and was surprised to see that considering he's a first-team player at Alloa Athletic.   And he seems to be doing well, as is Ross MacLean  at Morton.  Re Shea Gordon at Partick - here's an interesting couple of comments - 

https://www.wearethistle.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/13016-andréa-mbuyi-mutombo-new-signing/&do=findComment&comment=297663

4 hours ago, WellView said:

I note Jake Hastie played last night and was surprised to see that considering he's a first-team player at Alloa Athletic.   And he seems to be doing well, as is Ross MacLean  at Morton.  Re Shea Gordon at Partick - here's an interesting couple of comments - 

https://www.wearethistle.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/13016-andréa-mbuyi-mutombo-new-signing/&do=findComment&comment=297663

New loan rules state that players on loan are to be made available for any game not involving the first team of the parent club.  Before it was only Development Loans but now all loans are to be classed like that.

26 minutes ago, Antiochas III said:

New loan rules state that players on loan are to be made available for any game not involving the first team of the parent club.  Before it was only Development Loans but now all loans are to be classed like that.

Excellent - so we're not "losing," the players to the extent we used to. I think that's better all round.  Jake Hastie must be buzzing at getting so many games 

46 minutes ago, WellView said:

Jake Hastie must be buzzing at getting so many games 

Hopefully it makes up for being loaned out to Alloa, rather than someone like Newcastle Utd, eh WellView?  ;)

16 minutes ago, Desp said:

Hopefully it makes up for being loaned out to Alloa, rather than someone like Newcastle Utd, eh WellView?  ;)

Oh, it's you. I was thinking about you this morning when I saw a dog s**t in the street. 

Have you studied the rules regarding development fees yet or are you still prepared to gibber a lot of crap about things you know nothing of? :)

On that subject, there's no guarantee that we'll get £600,000 for Cadden next year.  Seems there was zero interest in him from England during the summer.  If no club is prepared to fork out the money, the alternatives are: 

He goes out of the game for a season ( highly unlikely ). 

Or he signs a one-year contract extension and leaves on a Bosman when he turns 23. ( likely ). 

I hope Mr Burrows ain't counting chickens........

ps - don't be shocked if you see Campbell out of the door on a LOAN to buy.  IMO, if he progresses at all this season, this will be his last at Fir Park. 

Edited by WellView

30 minutes ago, WellView said:

Oh, it's you. I was thinking about you this morning when I saw a dog s**t in the street. 

Have you studied the rules regarding development fees yet or are you still prepared to gibber a lot of crap about things you know nothing of? :)

:lol::lol:  There he is.  I thought you were becoming a bit too sensible for a while.

P.s Stop watching random dogs taking a shit.  That's very weird behaviour.

Was a fairly impressive showing last night at Falkirk. It certainly did nothing to change my belief that David Turnbull is more than ready to play a big part in our first-team.

Was also impressed by Jake Hastie and Broque Watson, both of whom are very direct runners and seem to be very confident with the ball at their feet.

Scott up top struggled a bit, he had a fairly frustrating night where the ball wouldn’t really stick for him and at the back there were a few shaky moments - Mbulu as expected looks to be a work in progress, he looks very athletic, but his positional sense and distribution was a bit ropey.

Stephen Craigan noted afterward that for a number of the players it was their first game of the season and that showed in the second half. Shire finished the game with nine due to injuries, but Motherwell looked every bit as tired as they did.

37 minutes ago, Mpire said:

Looking forward to the game at the weekend! Will be interesting to see how Motherwell stack-up to the mighty Livi!!

I think it'll be a very difficult game for us.  Livingston are a side which will have been used to winning more often than not over the last couple of seasons, so that kind of momentum could see them get off to a good start.

Motherwell will be under big pressure after two really poor performances in the league.  A big game for Stephen Robinson. 

I was actually chatting to Ross Stewart a couple of weeks and he was saying there's a lot of confidence within the club and he's loving training.  Hopefully he'll get a chance in the team this season. 

Edited by Desp