Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

I've never been a fan of sign one day, play the next.  It smacks of desperation.  Cedric hasn't had a single training session with his defensive colleagues. And on top of that, his head will be spinning with the move. 

Anyway, the Wigan strip must be one of the ugliest I've seen for a while. Horrendous. 

12 minutes ago, wellinwigan said:

Better than first half yes. Think he was very nervous throughout the game but that's understandable really. Just hope he can get a good run of games 

That was Kipre all over though wasn't it? Performed better as the game wore on. If you think back to the beginning of last season there were quite a few games like that although in fairness he wasn't alone. Think of the Rangers semi final for the best example. I thought he was pretty horrific that day (albeit he was reportedly ill) and in the first half he was all over the place, a bag of nerves and nearly sold the jerseys at least once iirc. But then he had that shot cleared off the line towards the end of the half and after that he seemed to grow in confidence and his performance improved. The Aberdeen semi in the Scottish Cup actually followed a similar pattern for him in that he was pretty ropy and nervy in the first half but settled down in the second.

At the end of the day he is still a young guy and has areas of his game he needs to work on, but as I said with the proper coaching he will go on to have a good career.

31 minutes ago, MJC said:

That was Kipre all over though wasn't it? Performed better as the game wore on. If you think back to the beginning of last season there were quite a few games like that although in fairness he wasn't alone. Think of the Rangers semi final for the best example. I thought he was pretty horrific that day (albeit he was reportedly ill) and in the first half he was all over the place, a bag of nerves and nearly sold the jerseys at least once iirc. But then he had that shot cleared off the line towards the end of the half and after that he seemed to grow in confidence and his performance improved. The Aberdeen semi in the Scottish Cup actually followed a similar pattern for him in that he was pretty ropy and nervy in the first half but settled down in the second.

At the end of the day he is still a young guy and has areas of his game he needs to work on, but as I said with the proper coaching he will go on to have a good career.

I get up to watch the well about 6 or 7 times a season been down here 18 years and was a season ticket holder at fir park since 1981. The times i saw kipre when I was uplast season i didn't get the hype really lots of bombscare moments. So I think we done pretty good out the deal 

I was pleased for the big lad to get a move down South and for us to get that sort of money.  Crucially the sell on fees we add to transfers will benefit us perhaps more given the over inflated price tags they put on players down there.

As for the lad playing for us - I liked him.   He was solid and picked up the loose ball well I thought.  Some of his passing was a bit suspect, but tbh if he was a complete player, he wouldn't be up here in the first place.  He did his job for us, did it reasonably well and got a move that worked out for everyone.  Good luck to him at Wigan.

10 minutes ago, WellView said:

We better hope none of our matches clash with Wigan's this year. 

Forkin' bad enough with all those fanboys going to watch Moult at PNE.  

I have clearly been out the loop for some time - is this a wind up???

3 minutes ago, WellView said:

Not to mention Faddy at er, what's he doing now? 

To be honest, I kinda get it, fans are desperate to have their heroes but that that often results in them having wild beliefs and hopes about the player in question. McFadden is the best example out there. There were and indeed are some Motherwell fans out there who would have you believe that he was a world class player, held back by Everton because they didn't use his potential properly, when in reality he just wasn't good enough at that level. Don't get me wrong, he was brilliant for us in his first spell with us and deserved his move but I think a lot of our fans got carried away over just how good he actually was or could have been. Even with Scotland although he was an absolute maverick for them and scored some crucial goals, he was always more of a 'maverick' rather than a key part of the team.

I see the same thing happening with Moult and now Kipre. Both did very well in their time with us and like McFadden before them, are/will be missed. But there are some out there who put them on.a pedestal which doesn't actually match their ability on the bigger stage.

Just now, WellView said:

No. 

Seriously. 

Shittin Christ.  I know a guy from Wishaw that went to PNE last season but I thought that was when he was visiting family.  I wonder if any watched Celtic after Stephen Pearson signed for them?  

1 hour ago, Addie said:

Shittin Christ.  I know a guy from Wishaw that went to PNE last season but I thought that was when he was visiting family.  I wonder if any watched Celtic after Stephen Pearson signed for them?  

I only went today because it's 15 mins from my house lols

2 hours ago, WellView said:

Funnily enough it's Wigan v Preston on October 6th, the fanboys have a big decision to make as we are also at home to Livingston that day lol.

I see Flow’s given a bit more clarity re: the Kipré fee (after taking heat from a fan mewling about us not getting enough cash). Apparently it’s “the 3rd highest single transfer fee in the club’s history.”

So less than Phil and Faddy but more than Clarkson?

Edited by capt_oats

17 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

I wonder who he was talking about when he said we rejected £1m before having to sell him for £100k. Jamie Murphy possibly?

Reynolds seems the obvious one. Though how legit a £1m bid from Rangers would be...that's a different story.

Edit: while I'm looking at his timeline it seems like we're in the market for more than one new player. Which is nice. #announceAldred

Edited by capt_oats