Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Totally agree with this (and Casagolda's great post on the subject escpecially) - the criticism has been overly harsh and he doesn't deserve that given the level of commitment he's shown since he arrived at the club - he's been an exemplary professional since day 1 and has put in some outstanding performances.  *Every* player in the team has stinkers over the season (in fact, the entire team managed it in one game at NDP) but during a season where we were consistent and in reality, there were no failures in our first eleven, McHugh best fitted the pathological need bits of our support has always had to have a scapegoat. The last time I remember this was with Tom Hateley - again in a team with no bad players, it was magically decided that he was the shiter when he was anything but (as we found when he left).

- but- given the above, it has to be remembered that the player himself has explicitly stated that he was inconsistent last season (which is a far more accurate word than "shite") - so IMO a bit of criticism is fair game and it would be a mistake to overplay his performances as there were a lot of sub-par ones in there with the good.

4 hours ago, Del_Superwell said:

Pleased to see Shea Gordon get off to a good start with Partick, he bagged both goals in their win against Stenhousemuir today. 

For the first ten minutes he looked like Iniesta crossed with Zidane, the second goal was an outside of the boot flick on the volley to lob the onrushing keeper (ex Well keeper Graeme Smith FWIW).

The he remembered he's ginger and it was over 20 degrees and melted into a puddle. Should be good when the temperature drops though.

7 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

For the first ten minutes he looked like Iniesta crossed with Zidane, the second goal was an outside of the boot flick on the volley to lob the onrushing keeper (ex Well keeper Graeme Smith FWIW).

The he remembered he's ginger and it was over 20 degrees and melted into a puddle. Should be good when the temperature drops though.

Like this...?

giphy.gif

In all seriousness, I'm pleased to see him off to a decent start. He had a fairly shite time last season with injuries and it'll be interesting to see how he develops with regular games.

Guest Landan Spiv

Hi there. Edinburgh City fan here. 

We've got a supporters bus coming through on Tuesday night with kids on board as well......... Would of any of you recommend a family friendly bar or social club near to fir park please? Also we haven't heard of what stand we will be housed in for the game, we won't be needing the big two tier stand put it that way haha. Any info would be appreciated. Cheers 

2 minutes ago, Landan Spiv said:

Hi there. Edinburgh City fan here. 

We've got a supporters bus coming through on Tuesday night with kids on board as well......... Would of any of you recommend a family friendly bar or social club near to fir park please? Also we haven't heard of what stand we will be housed in for the game, we won't be needing the big two tier stand put it that way haha. Any info would be appreciated. Cheers 

Would expect you to be housed in a wing of the main stand. Usually the left hand side for away fans. 

The Cooper stand bar is open before games and away fans are welcome and mix freely with home fans. Usually only Dundee and a Killie fans that get carried away and a bit exciteable. Depending on how many of you there are that would be the best bet and a couple of minutes walk to the main stand. 

If there are 30+ of you you could try Jack Daniels - ok pub and not far from the ground. 

Decent result yesterday for you guys - after all the Clyde fans believing they were going to win the cup let alone the group :-) 

I was hoping for an away tie for this game as your ground is geographically closest football ground to me. That and as I was travelling last year so missed that game.  

Guest Landan Spiv
31 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Would expect you to be housed in a wing of the main stand. Usually the left hand side for away fans. 

The Cooper stand bar is open before games and away fans are welcome and mix freely with home fans. Usually only Dundee and a Killie fans that get carried away and a bit exciteable. Depending on how many of you there are that would be the best bet and a couple of minutes walk to the main stand. 

If there are 30+ of you you could try Jack Daniels - ok pub and not far from the ground. 

Decent result yesterday for you guys - after all the Clyde fans believing they were going to win the cup let alone the group :-) 

I was hoping for an away tie for this game as your ground is geographically closest football ground to me. That and as I was travelling last year so missed that game.  

Great thanks for the info much appreciated. Yeah we played really well yesterday and we surprised Clyde fans to say the least. Clyde scored with the last kick of the game but luckily for us we put all our penalties away in the shootout. Looking forward to visiting Motherwell on Tuesday have only heard good things. Trust me we're not the type of support who get a bit excited like Dundee and Killie as you said. We'd rather just have a couple of pints and talk football with opposition fans. Makes sense giving us a small section of the main stand. We've got a small bus coming over plus supporters travelling over by other means. I suspect there will love about 100 of us there in Tuesday night. We haven't really developed a decent sized fan base yet at our level to take decent numbers away from home but the futures bright :)

Great thanks for the info much appreciated. Yeah we played really well yesterday and we surprised Clyde fans to say the least. Clyde scored with the last kick of the game but luckily for us we put all our penalties away in the shootout. Looking forward to visiting Motherwell on Tuesday have only heard good things. Trust me we're not the type of support who get a bit excited like Dundee and Killie as you said. We'd rather just have a couple of pints and talk football with opposition fans. Makes sense giving us a small section of the main stand. We've got a small bus coming over plus supporters travelling over by other means. I suspect there will love about 100 of us there in Tuesday night. We haven't really developed a decent sized fan base yet at our level to take decent numbers away from home but the futures bright [emoji4]

Club 100 is on the corner opposite the ticket office. Would expect them to be away fan friendly for this match.
Better selection of beer than The Cooper.