Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

18 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Which Twitter account is this happening on? Had a look on the 'Well shop account after they Tweeted about kit sizes yesterday but couldn't see anything.

I'm loathe to name names but if you do a Twitter search for 'Motherwell small' and click the latest tab...well, you'll see it pretty quickly.

3 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I'm still confused about what people are even complaining about. Grown adults appear to be raging they won't be able to walk around advertising BetPark on their shirts?

As far as I can tell the complaints are multi-layered:

- Despite being told that the medium is equivalent to a UK small, folk aren't happy that the adults sizes don't start at small (the small is equivalent to the Youth XL).

- You can buy the Youth XL (equivalent to the Macron small) but because it's a youth size you can't get the sponsor print on it because of legislation involving gambling companies advertising.

- So despite being provided with 2 options:

1. Buy the medium adult size (equivalent to a UK small) with sponsor or 2. Buy the cheaper youth XL (equivalent to a Macron adult small) without a sponsor people aren't happy because you can't buy an adult Macron small with a sponsors logo on it.

- You also have the contingent who don't appear to be able to grasp how  sponsorship works and, presumably because the youth versions are sponsorless, have been contacting the shop wanting to buy the adult sizes without a sponsor which you can't do because...the sponsor have paid money to have their logo on that sort of thing.

Long story short you have actual grown adults working themselves into a shoot about fitba shirts. I mean I like fitba shirts, I have a wardrobe full of them but...Fucking hell.

I think that's pretty much it but if I've missed anything it's because it's a wormhole that quite frankly I can't be fucked getting any further into.

Edited by capt_oats

As far as I can tell the complaints are multi-layered:
- Despite being told that the medium is equivalent to a UK small, folk aren't happy that the adults sizes don't start at small (the small is equivalent to the Youth XL).
- You can buy the Youth XL (equivalent to the Macron small) but because it's a youth size you can't get the sponsor print on it because of legislation involving gambling companies advertising.
- So despite being provided with 2 options:
1. Buy the medium adult size (equivalent to a UK small) with sponsor or 2. Buy the cheaper youth XL (equivalent to a Macron adult small) without a sponsor people aren't happy because you can't buy an adult Macron small with a sponsors logo on it.
- You also have the contingent who don't appear to be able to grasp how  sponsorship works and, presumably because the youth versions are sponsorless, have been contacting the shop wanting to buy the adult sizes without a sponsor which you can't do because...the sponsor have paid money to have their logo on that sort of thing.
Long story short you have actual grown adults working themselves into a shoot about fitba shirts. I mean I like fitba shirts, I have a wardrobe full of them but...Fucking hell.
I think that's pretty much it but if I've missed anything it's because it's a wormhole that quite frankly I can't be fucked getting any further into.

...and breathe.

On 7/6/2018 at 15:30, SCDave said:

Scunnert tbh

Close Season, slow 'Well news week and some absolute , what used to be called <word that possibly rhymes with "Bongos">, who care more about a replica shirt than their firstborn is a classic combination. I'd suggest drinking heavily until the first defeat against bottom 6 opposition. 

Robinson saying we're maybe looking at getting some more business done by the end of next week, reiterates as he's done previously that he thinks we're short of a striker.

Also confirms we've had one firm bid for a player that we kb'd because it was nowhere near our value (presumably that's Kipré/Hull).

Edit to add: talking about the striker he says he's a couple he has in mind and ideally it'd be someone who could possibly play wide as well. 

We're pretty deep into the window so it'll be interesting to see who it is we're actually looking at for the role and what sort of quality we're able to bring in.

Edited by capt_oats