Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

12 minutes ago, WellView said:

Cadden is under 23 - all we need to do is offer him a contract on equal terms at the end of the season and we are guaranteed the development fee if he goes to a qualifying club, even if he doesn't sign the contract. 

The walloper here is you, as you don't know the transfer regulations involving players of his age bracket. 

Get an education about SPFL rules before you comment. 

Read my post again.  It's exactly what I said. 

It's my fault though, I got caught up in responding to you when you're quite clearly a wind-up merchant/troll.  I feel silly now. 

Still, you never answered any of my questions.  What holiday home you in at this time of year?  I'll vote for the Bahamas.

If it counts for much, Hearts loaned a young player, I want to say Jordan Mcghee, to Middlesborough who at the time I think were in the EPL, with an option to buy at the end I think. He was a lot younger than Cadden though and went on loan from Hearts to play in the 'Boro reserve team, and quite frankly sounds a bizare concept! 

On Cadden, I'm quite happy to see him run down his contract and take that rumoured circa £600k development fee we'd be due for him. A bit unsure of him right now position wise, as imo, he's too limited and wasted, unless its against van der weg, on that right wing, and Tait is far better on the RB/RWB position. If we move him back into the middle of the pitch then we might start seeing more out of him, but right now we'll be very lucky to have an English club pay anything close to £million for him.

5 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Canny get near his "ass" right now. He's a busy man.

I dunno anything about Leitch. So apologies.

I am sure if you went to one of the AGM's or something you could ask these sort of questions.

If you could quit being so up yourself I'll give you the answer - 

From a  SFA  contact - "Burrows didn't know the rules, he hadn't read the book." 

I even posted the SFA guys name and number on the other forum so ya'll could check. 

Next one - 

Do you not think it was hilarious that a couple of months after my taxi driver comment that Scott Leitch found himself in court? I wonder what the argument was about? 

It never occurred to you lot that I was trolling the furk out of him.  

Edited by WellView

4 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Scott Leitch battered Wellview.

That's what I am getting here...

Scott Leitch has known Wellview for forty years.   Not a chance he'd be battering me but to be fair, he's always had a fair bit of snark about him.  I loved the way he fronted up Tommy NcLean,  another wee snark. McLean couldn't believe it when Scott told him to go eff himself and walked out of the club. McLean drove up to see him at his parent's house that night and was shown the door.  Scott went amateur rather than let McLean bully him.    

1 hour ago, WellView said:

On the subject of transfer or development fees - did anyone notice the fee on the accounts for Robbie Leitch? 

Or is it right enough we never got a fee as Burrows missed the offer date deadline and that made him a free transfer? 

We got nothing for Leitch, however from what I was told Robbie Leitch was offered a new deal by us but knocked it back in favor of signing for Burnley,  There was one or two rumours at the time that the club messed him about and he messed us about but the only person who can answer that truthfully is Burrows himself.    Robbie looking back should've probably remained with us as he could've potentially be in and around our first team by now as well.

Edited by Del_Superwell

20 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Did you know I'm pals wi the terminator?

He lives up at my gran's bit. He's got a pet crocodile and I rode it once.

You f**k crocodiles?

Well that explains A LOT! 

15 minutes ago, Desp said:

You f**k crocodiles?

Well that explains A LOT! 

Interesting that's where your mind immediately went.

No no, I sat on it's back and it took me for a walk through the water park he's got in his back garden. 

9 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

No no, I sat on it's back and it took me for a walk through the water park he's got in his back garden. 

Of course you did, crocodile fucker.

Well, this discussion has taken some strange twists.

What I'm wary of with the development fee is that we end up with the situation Craig Sibbald had at Falkirk where no-one was willing to pay the development fee. Sibbald had no intention of staying at Falkirk but had to sign the offered contract for a year until he was old enough that the development fee no longer applied.

It's the one big failing of the development fee system and it won't do us or Cadden any favours if we can't get something favourable sorted out.

2 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

Interesting that's where your mind immediately went.

That's exactly what a fucker of crocodiles would say. 

1 hour ago, Archie McSquackle said:

What I'm wary of with the development fee is that we end up with the situation Craig Sibbald had at Falkirk where no-one was willing to pay the development fee. Sibbald had no intention of staying at Falkirk but had to sign the offered contract for a year until he was old enough that the development fee no longer applied.

It's the one big failing of the development fee system and it won't do us or Cadden any favours if we can't get something favourable sorted out.

We ended up with a reputed 50k payment, so I'm not sure what's going on. I thought he was still only 23.

8 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

What if he signed a 3 year contract and led us to two more finals