Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

11 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Remember being two up against them last season? I'd still be a nervous wreck for the rest of the game- I was only confident for the last 5 minutes of the semi.

I spent the last 5 minutes of the semi-final trying to divide 5 minutes by 4 to try and convince myself we couldn't lose.

I'm in the same boat - productivity and attention span of a grape.

This is the most hyped up before a game I've been in a good few years - and I'm perfectly aware that I (and  most of us) are doing the diddy club thing of getting carried away with it all while Celtic supporters who do this all the time aren't really bothered about it in comparison. Even the noises in the press from Celtic have been fairly muted in comparison to the League Cup and it all feels very low-key from their side (probably deliberately so). 

Aye, don't think I've been as excited about a Motherwell since we played Panathinaikos in the Champions League Qualifier.  While I'd never come out and say "We're definitely going to win this game", I do have the firm belief in these players that they can win the game.  That's not always been the case in previous finals.  It's a nice feeling to have.  I know I'll be ok if we don't do it tomorrow, but part me of is getting a wee bit carried away.  Can you imagine if we did do it?  CAN YOU IMAGINE?

I've been in the office since 9am.  Done hee-haw.  Can't see that changing before I leave. 

15 hours ago, kingjoey said:

My heart goes out to all Motherwell based fans on Saturday. That’s some journey to undertake from Motherwell to Hampden. Are you having to stay overnight somewhere?

:lol:

The size of the chip on this shoulder. 

5 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

But I'm staying at yours if we do.

Nae bother, make yourself at home.  I'll probably end up crashing out in the Duchy Park to be honest with you. 

I'd feel rotten if I got your hopes up and you got pumped, but it certainly feels like you're winning the cup to me. 

Not sure what it is, but it just feels right. 

22 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

:lol:

The size of the chip on this shoulder. 

Interesting take on my post. I’m going to stop trying to be funny on here. Anyway, all the best tomorrow. Although we’ll have to play an extra round in Europe, it’ll be worth it to stop the Trouble Deble. 

Edited by kingjoey

On 5/15/2018 at 13:32, thisGRAEME said:

Do you know, it might build up as the week goes on, but I honestly feel absolutely relaxed about the whole thing.

We'll do everything we can, we'll put in as strong a performance as we possibly can, we'll be prepared we'll be ready.

Quick update on this, btw; I am no longer relaxed.