Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

I note the comments re the club social media - the purpose of social media is to drive revenue, the best way to drive revenue is, to begin with, free offers - 

https://www.ringdna.com/inside-sales-glossary/what-is-the-sales-funnel 

I said last year and I maintain it, give out three thousand free season tickets to kids.  Our biggest attendance this year has been 9,500?  and the average is 5,600 or so.  Give away the seats, you'll turn kids into lifetime fans, drive revenue through merchandise and kiosk sales. You'll also drive revenue through companion ( adult ) season ticket sales.  

The most effective marketing these days is text message, followed by email. I've never received either from the club.  This is laughable. I noted a deal the other week that I was unaware of - a deal I would have taken. That missed opportunity has cost the club a few hundred quid as I'm now too late.  Another example last week, I was unaware of the Player of the Year awards ( to be fair, I've been side-tracked by a more important issue ).  The club should be texting people letting us know of events. There are several other ways the club can generate revenue via social media, but to be honest, I can't be bothered getting into it here.   

The taxi driving, troll destroying, globe trotter has returned! 

And he's never received an email from the club :lol:

Also can't be arsed looking at the club's social media platforms to see what's going on. I wonder why they don't take any of CMWellFan's ideas on board... 

3 hours ago, WellView said:

I note the comments re the club social media - the purpose of social media is to drive revenue, the best way to drive revenue is, to begin with, free offers - 

https://www.ringdna.com/inside-sales-glossary/what-is-the-sales-funnel 

I said last year and I maintain it, give out three thousand free season tickets to kids.  Our biggest attendance this year has been 9,500?  and the average is 5,600 or so.  Give away the seats, you'll turn kids into lifetime fans, drive revenue through merchandise and kiosk sales. You'll also drive revenue through companion ( adult ) season ticket sales.  

The most effective marketing these days is text message, followed by email. I've never received either from the club.  This is laughable. I noted a deal the other week that I was unaware of - a deal I would have taken. That missed opportunity has cost the club a few hundred quid as I'm now too late.  Another example last week, I was unaware of the Player of the Year awards ( to be fair, I've been side-tracked by a more important issue ).  The club should be texting people letting us know of events. There are several other ways the club can generate revenue via social media, but to be honest, I can't be bothered getting into it here.   

How many kids already attend? 

You can claim two kids season tickets with every adult one purchased. That's a decent deal whatever your level of business expertise.
If your dishing out tickets to schools,BB's etc that's one thing but how do you go about opening the ground up to more kids?

Bloody excellent news! Bowman I’m kind of meh about but if he’s happy to be a squad player/back up we can could certainly do worse.

I reckon we will make some serious cash off Kipre (7 figures?) and possibly Dunne if he keeps up his post January form. Glad they’ll all be in C&A for a while yet though.

What a boost this is before the semi tomorrow the excitement level has just ramped up another notch.

I'm sorry for your loss, CMWellFanView.  Granted, I find it a bit weird you're discussing such a personal matter with a bunch of strangers on the internet. Each to their own though...

I'd be delighted to discuss your plans for market domination over a pint. Which continent do you fancy? I haven't been to Asia in while. What pubs do you recommend on Shanghai Main St? 

"My mother almost died, I've more important things to do than argue with randoms on a forum"

"Oh, so what have you done lately?"

"Challenge randoms on a forum to fight me"

:lol:

7 minutes ago, Desp said:

I'm sorry for your loss, CMWellFanView.  Granted, I find it a bit weird you're discussing such a personal matter with a bunch of strangers on the internet. Each to their own though...

I'd be delighted to discuss your plans for market domination over a pint. Which continent do you fancy? I haven't been to Asia in while. What pubs do you recommend on Shanghai Main St? 

pm me, I'll meet you any time. 

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

"My mother almost died, I've more important things to do than argue with randoms on a forum"

"Oh, so what have you done lately?"

"Challenge randoms on a forum to fight me"

:lol:

I diidn't challenge random to fight me, 

I challenged radoms to meet me. 

Next?