Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

7 minutes ago, Swello said:

Interesting to see Robinson touting Tait for a Scotland call-up for the friendlies - not something that had occurred to me - but he has been consistently good this season....

The other thing about Tait aside from his consistency is that he's turning himself into a bit of a unit. As a follower of his Instagram I knew he was into his crossfit and that but he seems to have been in the gym every other day in his own time lately (going by his stories).

There's a fair chance that his consistency and his gym work are entirely related tbf.

It’s nice to see Robinson give Tait some well deserved recognition for his performances this season, he’s improved the defensive side of his game from last season and continues to be one of our biggest threats going forward. 

However let’s be honest, he’s not going to be in the Scotland squad on Monday and neither are Cadden or Campbell. 

Just now, Casagolda said:

It’s nice to see Robinson give Tait some well deserved recognition for his performances this season, he’s improved the defensive side of his game from last season and continues to be one of our biggest threats going forward. 

However let’s be honest, he’s not going to be in the Scotland squad on Monday and neither are Cadden or Campbell. 

Good.

43 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

No they won't. Still, decent management talking these guys up - can't hurt in any way...

55 minutes ago, Swello said:

No they won't. Still, decent management talking these guys up - can't hurt in any way...

Absolutely.

As I said, it’s good to see Tait get some recognition. He’s one of these guys who flys under the radar cause he’s a solid 7/10 most weeks and a decent performance is almost a given before a balls been kicked.

He’s always been good going forward but there’s been a noticeable improvement in the defensive side of his game this season, which was his biggest weakness for me last season.

Credit to him and Robinson, I remember watching some of the defending from Tait, Dunne and even Carson in that 4-1 defeat in Perth at the start of the season and thinking  we were in for another long, hard season. Couldn’t have envisaged back then what a well organised, well drilled unit we’d become. 

As has already been pointed out, it’s not just the improvement of the team but even that of individual players under Robinson that’s been so impressive this season- Tait for me being one of them.

Edited by Casagolda

Very big fan of Cedric panenka-ing Steelman.

Don’t want to drag the topic back onto Murrant but his one actual contribution seemed to be bringing us Steelman and Ravenclaw (or whatever that wee thing is called).

I followed him on twitter for a while and half his tweets were sent to Ted Baker thanking them for some honking shirts that he would’ve had to pay £100 a piece for.

A p***k of a man.

5 minutes ago, rambunctious said:

Don’t want to drag the topic back onto Murrant but his one actual contribution seemed to be bringing us Steelman and Ravenclaw (or whatever that wee thing is called).

I followed him on twitter for a while and half his tweets were sent to Ted Baker thanking them for some honking shirts that he would’ve had to pay £100 a piece for.

A p***k of a man.

The season ticket campaign seemed to go alright as well. He's probably due a bit of credit there too.

Apart from that though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by capt_oats

On 05/03/2018 at 20:25, Handsome John said:

What’s the issues and is it more pressing than the paint splatters on the east stand steps? 

The issue is the strangled Dalek sound you get on way too many podcasts. 

These guys ain't slow at self-promotion. 

They should learn the skill of production, and the benefit of brevity. 

1 hour ago, WellView said:

These guys ain't slow at self-promotion. 

They should learn the skill of production, and the benefit of brevity. 

My point was in relation to your fervent rant against the main stand. 

4 hours ago, WellView said:

Delighted to have you as a regular listener. :thumsup2

Edited by Jay

I'd like to say on Tait, I think he's good going forward but I honestly think he is awful defensively.

Does well for us but he should be nowhere near international fitba anyway

To be fair to Tait, I think he's improved on last season considerably.  He's still not exactly Javier Zanetti, but it's hard to think of occasions he's been absolutely roasted this season- though that might also be down to not facing Hayes or Mcginn yet- which wasn't the case last term.  I'd say he's pretty average defensively but attacking wise one of the best in the league.

To be fair to Tait, I think he's improved on last season considerably.  He's still not exactly Javier Zanetti, but it's hard to think of occasions he's been absolutely roasted this season- though that might also be down to not facing Hayes or Mcginn yet- which wasn't the case last term.  I'd say he's pretty average defensively but attacking wise one of the best in the league.

It used to frustrate me when he first arrived that our right back had better crossing (and just general technical ability) than our winger (Cadden). It also seemed apparent that Cadden’s tracking back was more effective than Tait’s, even if it was just down to his pace and physicality.

Like someone else mentioned, going by his Instagram he seems to spend an enormous amount of time in the gym. Fair play to him putting in plenty of overtime to improve himself as much as he can. It’s just a pity that no matter how long he spends in there he’s never going to get that extra couple of yards of pace he would need to be an internationalist.

If you could combine Tait’s technical ability with Cadden’s pace and power we’d have an internationalist (who’d be very similar to Callum Paterson in fact!)