Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Apparently we are signing Jack McMillan on loan from you, talk to me, good for championship level, best position ? 
Thanks in advance. 

Think he's mainly a right back but has played left back as well. Looked fairly decent but has never really had a proper run in the first team to be able to kick on. Was part of the defence in the shit-show against Dundee which turned out to be Mark Mcghee's last game but he was by no means the worst player that day.

Will probably do a job at Championship level and I'd imagine a run of games in a decent Livi side will do him good.

57 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

Apparently we are signing Jack McMillan on loan from you, talk to me, good for championship level, best position ? 

Thanks in advance. 

It's been confirmed I see. In all honesty he needs a loan and first team games. Best position? Right back I'd say.

thisGRAEME actually summed him up best a couple of pages back when he said thus:

All of that makes sense. I'm aware I'm probably being super harsh on McMillan, he just has a whole load of really averagey attributes to me. Guys that have come through and succeeded from our youth tend to have a 'something' and then work on the rest. Cadden is wildly athletic, Campbell runs all day and crunches tackles, Erwin was big, strong with a surprising touch, Thomas (lol) had a lovely touch, Hall and Hutchy were brave/stupid giants, Reynolds was quick and classy.

McMillan...Isn't particularly quick, isn't particularly strong, isn't snapping into challenges, isn't notably big, isn't reading things remarkably... Like I say, probably unkind, just quite unremarkable at the moment, but I do agree, experienced and an understudy makes sense.

That's about the sum of it the players in the u20s side who've made an impression to varying degrees in our first team have had "something about them" McMillan is really just fine, he's alright. He's by no means bad, he'll get up and down the park but doesn't really stand out. He really struggled in the 5-1 loss to Dundee last season and he and Joe Chalmers were binned out the first team squad off the back of that game. Craigan was critical of him in a post-match interview that ran on the MFC YouTube channel around that time after a poor u20s performance, it kind of suggested that the player needed to have a look at himself. I'd imagine he'll benefit from playing competitive games as for the most part his involvement with us has been the odd sub appearance and regular u20s games.

I'd hope he'll do a turn at Championship level though.

Robinson's already said that the other signing's an experienced centre half to replace Heneghan.

Speaking of Heneghan. The Record seem to think that we got a deal worth £400k for him.

The 23-year-old was the subject of a failed £250,000 bid from Blackburn earlier this week and Rovers were expected to return with an improved offer.

But the Blades nipped in to clinch a D-Day deal for the Englishman, which Record Sport understands to be worth £400,000.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/motherwell-star-ben-heneghan-completes-11090257?1

giphy.gif

£400k + sell-on (alluded to by Robinson) and the apparent ~£700k extra Johnson cash is tremendous business.
Particularly when the players we really could do without losing this window are still at the club.

21 minutes ago, Richie said:

£400k + sell-on (alluded to by Robinson) and the apparent ~£700k extra Johnson cash is tremendous business.
Particularly when the players we really could do without losing this window are still at the club.

Agree completely - It's absolute day and night from the fucking shambles that our transfer policy was under Leeann Dempster.

We are all very aware of how Youtube videos can be "Casagolda'd", but this boy looks like he could thrive from Tait and Frear's delivery at set pieces.

Back 3 of Hartley, Dunne, and The Great Wall of Fucking China, north of a cool mil for a guy that's not even ours anymore, and a guy that was reasonble but patchy, and (so far) keeping our 2 most important players?

As transfer windows go......

Edited by Al B

Have to say I'm chuffed with the clubs dealings so far. Heneghan will be a loss but good luck to him and impressed that we've conducted business to replace him straight away, we've clearly been proactive in this window. Good to see Grimshaw back as well.

1 minute ago, Al B said:

We are all very aware of how Youtube videos can be "Casagolda'd", but this boy looks like he could thrive from Tait and Frear's delivery at set pieces.

Back 3 of Hartley, Dunne, and the Wishy Pogba, north of a cool mil for a player that's not even ours anymore, and a guy that was patchy, and (so far) keeping our 2 most important players?

As transfer windows go......

When you look a the players we got rid of and who's come in (and the money we've brought in) - and who we've kept - it's been way better than most of us were hoping for. Mark McGhee left us in a genuine mess squad-wise and it's actually impressive that we're in such good shape for the season ahead.