Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Would be surprised if Duffy left at this moment in time given how important the next few months are and I'd expect he'd at least want to try finish the job he started. He's also contracted up until June next year so £££.

A name who I thought should be in with a shout of our job and it's similar here with Motherwell is Alan Archibald. He's had some rough times at Partick but overall his time there has to be classed as successful.

Wouldn't surprise me if McGhee ended up at RP in the summer.

Just now, Londonwell said:

Can anyone tell me how long McGhee had left on his contract? 

Trying to work out if it's been relatively expensive to get rid of him...

He was out of contract in the summer so I doubt it would have been too expensive. In an interview a couple of weeks ago he seemed to indicate that while he was keen to stay on he and the club hadn't opened up any discussion about the extension.

http://www.motherwelltimes.co.uk/sport/football/motherwell-fc/mcghee-my-future-is-at-motherwell-fc-1-4362347

5 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

He was out of contract in the summer so I doubt it would have been too expensive. In an interview a couple of weeks ago he seemed to indicate that while he was keen to stay on he and the club hadn't opened up any discussion about the extension.

http://www.motherwelltimes.co.uk/sport/football/motherwell-fc/mcghee-my-future-is-at-motherwell-fc-1-4362347

Thanks mate. 

Football fans are fickle, myself included. If you'd asked me before the Dundee game I'd have said stick with Mcgoo.

But with us now seemingly plummeting like a stone and McGhee's contract up in the summer, it's kinda a no brainer, really.

Ian McCall has done reasonably well with Ayr. Suspect he wouldn't be very warmly received by 'Well supporters however, not  exactly a fashionable appointment.

Mitchell Van Der Gaag seems to have a decent pedigree.

Although Motherwell have unearthed two gems over the last three or four years the amount of shit signed from the English lower leagues is unreal. Lee Lucas is one of the worst players I've ever seen at Fir Park, and you could name another 10 like him.

Is this the bit where everyone mentions former players - and then it never happens? Can I have Owen Coyle and Billy Davies as my wrong guesses? 

McGhee reached the end of the road and can have no complaints really. Given that he got us to 5th last season from a similarly shite position that we are in now, his appointment wasn't a total failure overall IMO - but this season peaked at non-descript and has gone downhill from there. Every manager has a finite amount of goodwill from the supporters and given that he wasn't well liked by many when he rejoined, he was never realistically going to survive after Saturday and the month that had gone on before.... 

No idea who I'd want at 'We'll tbh, Peter Houston seems to have done well at Dundee United and Falkirk with young players and good football so would throw him in the ring.

Take it you haven't seen much of Falkirk under Houston then? As much as I would like him to stay, I wouldn't say we've been playing 'good football' and throughout his time has a preference to playing the older, more experienced heads in a tried and trusted way.