Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

On 1/27/2017 at 11:49, well fan for life said:

I also think he looked a bit 'bulky' if you get me.

Not quite Conrad Logan, but not looking like the most athletic gentleman.

I remember when Brill signed on loan from Luton for us the first time I saw him was in a pre-season friendly 9-0 win away to Keith.  It was a boiling hot day and there were cows grazing in the field literally twenty feet behind one of the goals!  Anyway, Brill played the second half and looked like a tubby supporter in goal.  After getting into the team though he seemed to become a lot leaner very quickly and in the end was a great keeper for us.

I've seen a few ICT fans saying they'd like him back but whether or not he'd be the same keeper he was I'm not sure.  He's barely played in 18 months and had an absolutely horrific injury.  Was in our end the last time we were played at NDP so he still has some rapport with the fans.

Edited by Highland Capital

So, we've definitely got a deal on the table for Pearson then and are waiting to hear back from him. Obviously with him being a free agent it doesn't need to be done before deadline but it'd be nice to have him back.

http://www.clyde1.com/sport/news/scott-mcdonald-free-to-play-against-ross-county-as-motherwell-appeal-red-card/

2 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I see the BBC is linking McDonald to Western Sidney Wanderers. That's a new one.

Not really, that's the approach that all the fuss was about before the cup game against Sevco. They were also in for him back in August. They've also just signed another striker this morning on a short term deal so their squad is full and according to McDonald Motherwell kb'd the offer anyway, it's apparently up to Motherwell to change their mind but "that's not happening".

It's crystal clear that McDonald was pretty much desperate to move but the club have said no - I just wish there were less euphemisms about sore backs and all the rest of it. If he spent the week before the Rangers game in a strop as I suspect he did, it doesn't do him any favours but equally, it wouldn't come as a surprise to most of us.

He's free to leave in the summer (and would surely go with most people's best wishes as his second spell has been a success) - but is under contract for now and should just get on with it as we've got relegation to avoid and both him and Moult are pivotal to that.

11 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Ciftci?

I was more interested in the chat that we've turned down 2 offers for Moult - but I wonder if the Ciftici move was  related? Also - it would be bonkers to sign another striker when we paid money for Bowman, who can't get a game - and we've got Blyth who I remain to be convinced actually exists.

Edited by Swello

Interesting theres a guy called Shea Gordon thats signed for us according to the SFA list of transfers. Not seen anything announced, quick google and he's quite young so maybe signed for the Under 20's?

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=1961&newsID=16753&newsCategoryID=1

Interesting theres a guy called Shea Gordon thats signed for us according to the SFA list of transfers. Not seen anything announced, quick google and he's quite young so maybe signed for the Under 20's?
http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=1961&newsID=16753&newsCategoryID=1

Yeah I think he signed on yesterday from Sheff Utd and will be in the development squad.