LOWLAND LEAGUE - TO BE OR NOT TO BE THAT IS THE QUESTION

Susan Boyles Cat

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, heedthebaa said:

I see two have made their interest public, but there's another big club wanting a move to senior football, how exciting 

Given you do seem to know what's going on internally in EoS terms the plot thickens. Big surprise for me anyway has been that it's not one of the smaller district division clubs like Blackburn that have been the first to start seriously exploring this given it was the likes of Preston and Ormiston that made the switch in the past.

30 minutes ago, afca32 said:

Surprised to see Burnieman has been quiet on here and EoS forum over the last few days. He normally has a lot to say.

I could be totally wrong but Burnie_man s views have changed quite a lot over the past few months. 

37 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Burnie_man has always been pro-pyramid hasn't he? Don't think that's changed in any way?

The only change I saw over the years was that he appeared to eventually realise that it wasn't just Tom Johnston and the SJFA that were an obstacle to the sort of change he wanted. He's been pushing the idea that the EoS could soon collapse due to clubs moving to the juniors in recent times, so big name clubs moving in the opposite direction maybe doesn't fit his preferred script at the moment on how to move things beyond the current impasse, but I seriously doubt he would steer clear over that. Suspect it's as simple as something like being on holiday and having better things to do with his time.

4 hours ago, afca32 said:

Surprised to see Burnieman has been quiet on here and EoS forum over the last few days. He normally has a lot to say.

Thank f**k. Was bored with his "now you just don't understand like I do" tendency to condescension (as if he was the only person on P&B that had ever done work for a non-league club), going off in a Cartman type huff & blocking everyone (or so he claimed) every time his arguments failed to hold water - before coming back to repeat the same nonsense a month later - usually with a couple of the more IQ damaged mouthbreathers from the Junior section in tow.

3 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Well as I said could be totally wrong but Burnie_man was pro juniors a few months ago  but reading posts  i think his views have changed. 

Much as I love a repentent sinner, & much as I have a soft spot for the Juniors, he (& the vast majority of them) showed a thinly veiled glee at the prospect of the Lowland League collapsing which came back to bite when it was plain the league was not merely surviving but thriving whilst the Juniors couldn't even get a sponsor for their national tournament: all of a sudden last September it became "time to take stock and look at including all non-league clubs to make it a true Pyramid."

Now he's been singing alleluias lately in the Juniors section (to some abuse in return, granted) about the pyramid "promised land" as if he'd known all along.

Nah, f**k him, & f**k all those selfish shits who only "saw the light" after others took the risks & did the work to make the pyramid a success - & especially when the Scottish Cup money tap was about to shut. They will all come in on the terms proffered - to the letter - & either like it or die a slow death in their chaotic grade.

Incidentally, strange how abruptly quiet the Juniors section went today right after Rangers (admittedly remarkable) victory. One could almost be forgiven for thinking they were all away celebrating their "big team"'s victory. :whistle

42 minutes ago, WaffenThinMint said:

Thank f**k. Was bored with his "now you just don't understand like I do" tendency to condescension (as if he was the only person on P&B that had ever done work for a non-league club), going off in a Cartman type huff & blocking everyone (or so he claimed) every time his arguments failed to hold water - before coming back to repeat the same nonsense a month later - usually with a couple of the more IQ damaged mouthbreathers from the Junior section in tow.

Much as I love a repentent sinner, & much as I have a soft spot for the Juniors, he (& the vast majority of them) showed a thinly veiled glee at the prospect of the Lowland League collapsing which came back to bite when it was plain the league was not merely surviving but thriving whilst the Juniors couldn't even get a sponsor for their national tournament: all of a sudden last September it became "time to take stock and look at including all non-league clubs to make it a true Pyramid."

Now he's been singing alleluias lately in the Juniors section (to some abuse in return, granted) about the pyramid "promised land" as if he'd known all along.

Nah, f**k him, & f**k all those selfish shits who only "saw the light" after others took the risks & did the work to make the pyramid a success - & especially when the Scottish Cup money tap was about to shut. They will all come in on the terms proffered - to the letter - & either like it or die a slow death in their chaotic grade.

Incidentally, strange how abruptly quiet the Juniors section went today right after Rangers (admittedly remarkable) victory. One could almost be forgiven for thinking they were all away celebrating their "big team"'s victory. :whistle

Wee bit ott Say how you feel why don't ye lol 

14 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Wee bit ott Say how you feel why don't ye lol 

Well isn't it amazing that all the self professed "diehard Junior fans" posting on & on about the purity of their grade have been conspicuous by their absence today circa 3 pm? Every last one of them?

My goodness, you could almost be forgiven for thinking not only are they not so much "Junior people" but "Ra Peepul", but such a silence could indicate that many who strangely only post when certain other posters are on (usually to give them back up) could merely be (shock!) other poster's "smartphone" or "workplace PC" sock puppet accounts. :o

Yes I know, an astonishing revelation that's never crossed anyone's mind in P&B - much! :lol:

7 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Given you do seem to know what's going on internally in EoS terms the plot thickens. Big surprise for me anyway has been that it's not one of the smaller district division clubs like Blackburn that have been the first to start seriously exploring this given it was the likes of Preston and Ormiston that made the switch in the past.

Just the normal stuff you hear in the salon whilst getting your hair done :lol:

2 hours ago, WaffenThinMint said:

I bet you've never had a splinter up your arse from sitting on the fence :lol:

4 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The only change I saw over the years was that he appeared to eventually realise that it wasn't just Tom Johnston and the SJFA that were an obstacle to the sort of change he wanted. He's been pushing the idea that the EoS could soon collapse due to clubs moving to the juniors in recent times, so big name clubs moving in the opposite direction maybe doesn't fit his preferred script at the moment on how to move things beyond the current impasse, but I seriously doubt he would steer clear over that. Suspect it's as simple as something like being on holiday and having better things to do with his time.

The EOS has been tired looking this season imo, something needs to happen and quick. If the juniors passing through on their way to the LL is gonna happen, then that's fine by me

21 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

The EOS has been tired looking this season imo, something needs to happen and quick. If the juniors passing through on their way to the LL is gonna happen, then that's fine by me

And the more of them passing through the more squeezed out the bottom end back into the EoS to make way for them Heed. The quicker they jump the easier it would be to get promoted. 

35 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

And the more of them passing through the more squeezed out the bottom end back into the EoS to make way for them Heed. The quicker they jump the easier it would be to get promoted. 

Too true Rab, every league should have relegation and every club be fearful of it

Surely that would have to be the case in every division then?

What? Why? It would be the proverbial carrot for getting Juniors and other to join the pyramid and would allow the cream to rise and the dross to fall nicely. It would guarantee Lowland and Highland champions promotion. We don't have to have uniformity. The Championship has a different play off structure to Leagues One and Two and until recently was only one up-one down.

10 hours ago, Enigma said:

SPLF Should announce 2 automatic relegation spots from League 2 from next season. Then we might see the floodgates open a bit.

They'll be keen to do that right enough :lol: 

Archived