Celtic Summer Activity thread

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure an overhaul is needed as such. I certainly believe the squad needs trimmed. We have far to many players especially in midfield. I would like to see players like Ambrose and Boyata go (though not sure if their would be any takers for Efe. As for Boyata he is in Belgium squad for the Euros. So there must be something there that he hasn't shown this season)

After that, We need to add some genuine pace to the team, cover for Simonovic and Erik. And a decent partner for Leigh Griffiths. I would also offer Charlie Mulgrew a one year contract as back up.

This activity will pan out as usual. The Daily Record will print non - factual stories all summer linking Celtic with top class players, Celtic fans still believing they are a top European club will get all excited .Non of said players will end up coming and come the Squad photo for next season ,the only new faces you'll see are a over the hill duds from West Ham etc and a 17 year old Dutch wonder kid who is the new Cruyff

Carlton Cole and Colin KZ signed up though? Genuine question

Nah Coles away,was on a pay as you play deal but i think he got his contract terminated after a few fines too many.

Richards is signed up for another year at least. Im sure we could have just got him on loan as a safer option but he can play a role for us perhaps. A good outlet when under the cosh.

Steven Fletcher's out of contract in the summer, so cue us being linked with a move for him as per

I wouldn't be adverse to him but some championship team will offer him 20 grand a week plus I would imagine which is where our (faux?) interest would end.

Thanks for Darnell Fisher. He has only had a couple of below-par matches and has largely been excellent. Hopefully he gets a prolonged run in Celtic's first-team next season.

Good to hear.

Presuming we don`t sign another right back, he has a very decent chance of getting a game. Lustig struggles to be effective for more than an hour a game and Jancko has played very little competitive football.

I’ve mentioned in another thread that I would like Paterson from Hearts but would be happy enough to see these 3 lads fight it out. We have other more problematic positions to worry about.

I wouldn't be adverse to him but some championship team will offer him 20 grand a week plus I would imagine which is where our (faux?) interest would end.

Must be worth a punt at that, surely?

Guest Asap

Thanks for Darnell Fisher. He has only had a couple of below-par matches and has largely been excellent. Hopefully he gets a prolonged run in Celtic's first-team next season.

I can't see Fisher staying on at Celtic.

With Janko back from injury, and Ralston in the same position as Tierney was this time last year it'll be tough for him to even get near the squad.

Archived