Offensive Behaviour at Football Act cave in.

Glenconner

1 minute ago, Of Average Intelligence said:

Any Ayr fan willing to answer this?

It's been sung whilst both teams have black players on the park, never noticed or heard of any taking it to mean them.

Even non white people have used that term to mean dirty here from time to time.

Just now, Of Average Intelligence said:

My word. You're at the wind up surely? 

Why would I be on the wind up, both teams have had quite a few black players over the years.

Just now, welshbairn said:

Are they unconscious of the "double" meaning?  And do you have no opinion on the matter?

There's no double meaning to them and I'm not fussed about it either way.

I'm honestly flabbergasted by that. I can't get my head round why anyone would think that's acceptable. 

It is a term that will be used on a daily basis around Ayrshire with regards to a lack of cleanliness.

Just now, ayrmad said:

It is a term that will be used on a daily basis around Ayrshire with regards to a lack of cleanliness.

Time you started importing some soap then, not just for cleanliness.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Time you started importing some soap then, not just for cleanliness.

I don't see it disappearing anytime soon.

Well Kilmarnock will have black fans and you're telling me your supporters will call them 'black b*****ds'. Forgive me for not understanding why you think that's acceptable. 

I'm not fussed either way as it's not an attack on skin colour.

Just now, Of Average Intelligence said:

You're not fussed about Ayr fans chanting 'black b*****d' at black football fans?

You're the one that's saying they're doing that, I have a different view.

You can post your disgust all night, I'll still not be fussed.

5 minutes ago, Of Average Intelligence said:

Well Kilmarnock will have black fans and you're telling me your supporters will call them 'black b*****ds'. Forgive me for not understanding why you think it's acceptable to chant 'black b*****ds' at black football fans

You're not getting it. In the olden days Kilmarnock fans would climb out of their pits with a bit of coal dust on them, go straight to the match, and the Ayr fans would say they looked like black b*****ds. Likewise Kilmarnock fans would say that Ayr fans looked like darkies. It's the Ayrshire way, even defended in the 21st century.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

You're not getting it. In the olden days Kilmarnock fans would climb out of their pits with a bit of coal dust on them, go straight to the match, and the Ayr fans would say they looked like black b*****ds. Likewise Kilmarnock fans would say that Ayr fans looked like darkies. It's the Ayrshire way, even defended in the 21st century.

I've been going for 50 years and that song was due to Killie being a shitehole in comparison to Ayr in my day, the comparison is no longer there but the song is.

Edited by ayrmad

You think ‘chinky,’ is an acceptable term. Not going to listen to you about who has, or hasn’t said anything racist.
ETA: Square go you wee fucking idiot. 
Well Wattoo certainly hasn't said anything racist and you think it's acceptable giving him abuse and calling him a racist. You're the definition of a wee fanny.

Are all Ayr fans thick as mince, or is it just the selection posting in this thread?

“Black b*****d” is absolutely not ok to shout as an insult at anyone. It has a very well defined connotation in modern society, and even if that isn’t the context meant, it’s how it will be construed. Your argument is the same as calling someone a “faggot” and claiming that you were referring to meatballs. You may well have been, but it certainly isn’t how it’s going to be taken by the vast majority hearing it.

Just stop using the term “black b*****d”, ffs. There’re about six different variations for dirty that work just as well in song form and remove any racist confusion.

On the overarching thread topic, I see there was more fan scrapping and bottle throwing this weekend. A nasty element seems to be increasing its public presence, and Humza Yousaf mentioned strict liability again today. Wouldn’t be surprised if it was enforced if more incidents arise in the coming months.