Offensive Behaviour at Football Act cave in.

Glenconner

Why don't you read the posts ? I never disputed calling anyone gay as an insult isn't homophobic. He said calling someone whos stupid gay was homophobic which I had literally never heard was a thing until today. I thought gay meant homosexual or happy with no in-between.  

Did you fall asleep in 1950 and just woke up?

I'd just like to say that gay meaning happy hasn't been around for about 40 years, apart from Larry Grayson whose meaning was ambiguous.
Maybe not but I was disputing him saying that it meant stupid. I take it the definition of gay has been changed from happy to stupid then ?

1 minute ago, AUFC90 said:
3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:
I'd just like to say that gay meaning happy hasn't been around for about 40 years, apart from Larry Grayson whose meaning was ambiguous.

Maybe not but I was disputing him saying that it meant stupid. I take it the definition of gay has been changed from happy to stupid then ?

I'd say more silly than stupid, but hopefully it's dying out on the playgrounds.

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

1994 - The BC52's

Edited by lichtgilphead

6 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

1994 - The BC52's

<iframe width="524" height="393" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cBco_DApZVY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

To be pedantic the song was written around 1960.  

Edited by welshbairn

45 minutes ago, AUFC90 said:

You call a guy a gay c**t because he's gay is clearly homophobic. Never disputed that in the slightest.
You call a black guy a black b*****d very clearly racist.

You call Jimmy who's no had a wash in a year and a half a black b*****d....not racist.

Hope this helps.

If someone said "you're looking pretty gay" or "what you just did was pretty gay", you wouldn't think that was homophobic? 

If someone said "you're looking pretty gay" or "what you just did was pretty gay", you wouldn't think that was homophobic? 
Yeah I would and I never said otherwise. I basically just questioned his premise that gay meant being stupid and if the word gay was being used in its dictionary definition then no it wouldn't be homophobic.

16 hours ago, AUFC90 said:

Well news to me. I've literally never heard the word gay being used instead of silly ....playground or otherwise.

Me neither, it must be that we do indeed speak a different language in Ayrshire..........

I think the crux of the problem we have here is that certain words and language in general have been sabotaged by unsavoury elements of society and because they use the words in a certain way, then everyone else has to change their use of language just in case it's interpreted as being associated to said group. This is what's really pathetic about it all.

To give an example, if the EDL suddenly started referring to Scottish Nationalists as "NATS" and were chanting about "die you fcukin NATS", "You NAT scum", "Dirty fcukin NAT cnuts" etc, etc, then we'd soon have a situation that in mainstream if someone innocently referred to a Scottish Nationalist as a "NAT" irrespective of the context it would be seen as derogatory and a possible hate crime.

There's loads of instances of this throughout society and recent history, as long before Hitler and his mob were throwing their arms up in a zieg hiel salute it was copied by people throughout this country as "hail caesar" but is now vilified due to the antics of the Nazis. 

As I've said before the only thing that's important is context, as words themselves don't have an agenda or capability of hurting people, while I do understand that people from some areas might think it strange that Ayr and Killie fans sing about unwashed people and use the term "black", it's really much the same as referring to the school classroom board as the "blackboard" or being banned from somewhere as "blackballed", it means nothing against black people as we in Ayrshire have in my lifetime always referred to it as meaning unwashed. We all know that and I can assure you that nobody who sings about "black bast**ds" is in any way referring to, or even thinking about black people or meaning any harm towards them.

I'll leave this whole debate here now as I've said my piece, whether people choose to agree / disagree or understand what I'm saying is of course entirely up to them.........

Edited by WATTOO

2 hours ago, ali_91 said:

Read a lot of stupid things on here, but somebody saying calling someone a ‘black b*****d,’ is similar to calling a blackboard a blackboard is right up there. What a fucking moron. 

f**k you too, You complete p***k.

Blackboard. Absolute classic. Thick, racist, mutant c**t. 
You're very quick to shower said poster with abuse and call him a racist when he's said nothing racist. Bet you're a wee shitebag in real life as well.

Just now, ali_91 said:

Fantastic, just when you think the Ayr fans can’t get any less intelligent, Ayrmad shows up. 

You're not exactly covering yourself in glory yourself.