Offensive Behaviour at Football Act cave in.

Glenconner

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

It's got nothing to do with the guy's skin colour, or religion.

It's not politically correctness, it's insensitivity at a time when a significant number of people are being laid off.

As a former Union official I do get that, however in today's climate sticking on a "see you jimmy" wig and standing with a bottle of Irn Bru are obviously two of the worst stereotypes of Scotland that you could get, hence the reason I was drawing parallels to the turban and Curry to represent India as an equally ridiculous stereotype.

As I've said, I see it for what it is and it doesn't bother me personally, however I'm almost certain that if the roles were reversed there would be an outcry, including from many who post on here.

10 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

But it’s just the same as calling me a Scot cause I’m from Scotland type post. 

Like someone from Pakistan being called a "Paki" you mean ?

26 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

As a former Union official I do get that, however in today's climate sticking on a "see you jimmy" wig and standing with a bottle of Irn Bru are obviously two of the worst stereotypes of Scotland that you could get, hence the reason I was drawing parallels to the turban and Curry to represent India as an equally ridiculous stereotype.

As I've said, I see it for what it is and it doesn't bother me personally, however I'm almost certain that if the roles were reversed there would be an outcry, including from many who post on here.

Well the next time you see a black person covered in white powder with their hair dyed ginger promoting Irn Bru (which i'm sure you come across all the time....) feel free to report them to the authorities.

Ljsl9nQ.png

I have, multiple times. Just because you have the comprehension levels of a 12 year old, don’t take it out on me, you homophobic, racist p***k 

No you really haven't. All you've done is say why it may be deemed racist to people who don't know the context. You wouldn't be able to convict someone in Ayrshire for calling some jakeball a blacko because it's not....sigh.....racist. Aye no bother ya Muppet. Sure I'll be banned anytime now then.

This is genuinely astonishing.

Worth asking yourself if we’ll ever achieve anything on poor behaviour at football when you have people prepared to defend to the grave their right to call people ‘black b*****ds’.

12 minutes ago, AUFC90 said:

No you really haven't. All you've done is say why it may be deemed racist to people who don't know the context. You wouldn't be able to convict someone in Ayrshire for calling some jakeball a blacko because it's not....sigh.....racist. Aye no bother ya Muppet. Sure I'll be banned anytime now then.

Did The Equality Act 2010 exclude Ayrshire?

6 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Did The Equality Act 2010 exclude Ayrshire?

I attended an anti-discrimination event for students at Ayr College back in 2011. A young woman genuinely stated that it was "okay" to call black people the N-word "because they call themselves that".

The white Ayrshire person you’re calling a ‘black b*****d,’ isn’t the victim of the racial abuse you thick c**t. 

Correct. I notice how you've totally glossed over the origins of the term in this part of the world you thick c**t.

1 minute ago, AUFC90 said:
1 minute ago, ali_91 said:
The white Ayrshire person you’re calling a ‘black b*****d,’ isn’t the victim of the racial abuse you thick c**t. 

Correct.

It's the black guy standing behind him.

Mate, you think it’s acceptable to use the term ‘chinky,’ and that calling someone gay as an insult is fine, I don’t think you should be questioning anybody else’s intelligence to be quite honest. 
I said using the term gay in the context of someone being happy isn't homophobic. I said the word chinky is a racist word but used in the house to mean Chinese food can't really be considered racist. Not my fault you can't read.

7 minutes ago, AUFC90 said:
9 minutes ago, ali_91 said:
Mate, you think it’s acceptable to use the term ‘chinky,’ and that calling someone gay as an insult is fine, I don’t think you should be questioning anybody else’s intelligence to be quite honest. 

I said using the term gay in the context of someone being happy isn't homophobic. 

Nobody does though. Using faggot in the context of offal meatballs is fine though.

Edited by welshbairn

You call a guy a gay c**t because he's gay is clearly homophobic. Never disputed that in the slightest.
You call a black guy a black b*****d very clearly racist.

You call Jimmy who's no had a wash in a year and a half a black b*****d....not racist.

Hope this helps.

Nobody does though.

Why don't you read the posts ? I never disputed calling anyone gay as an insult isn't homophobic. He said calling someone whos stupid gay was homophobic which I had literally never heard was a thing until today. I thought gay meant homosexual or happy with no in-between.

As you can see, I’ve given a scenario where someone uses gay as an insult, and you’ve posted some word salad reply in reply to my post where you say:
‘and (as well as) used in that context isn’t homophobic either (as well as.)’
That reads to me as if you mean the scenario I posted wasn’t homophobic. Apologies if I’ve not managed to translate your 12 year old writing skills very well. CAE7C7CE-800E-4FCE-8D6D-C93D54FC53F9.thumb.png.4c2e469bf0efc07e84e0d6892d20ab49.png
As you can see I said doesn't gay mean happy ? And used in that context is fine. I never said anything about homophobic insults being fine ya eejit.