Offensive Behaviour at Football Act cave in.

Glenconner

Are all Ayr fans thick as mince, or is it just the selection posting in this thread?

“Black b*****d” is absolutely not ok to shout as an insult at anyone. It has a very well defined connotation in modern society, and even if that isn’t the context meant, it’s how it will be construed. Your argument is the same as calling someone a “faggot” and claiming that you were referring to meatballs. You may well have been, but it certainly isn’t how it’s going to be taken by the vast majority hearing it.

Just stop using the term “black b*****d”, ffs. There’re about six different variations for dirty that work just as well in song form and remove any racist confusion.

On the overarching thread topic, I see there was more fan scrapping and bottle throwing this weekend. A nasty element seems to be increasing its public presence, and Humza Yousaf mentioned strict liability again today. Wouldn’t be surprised if it was enforced if more incidents arise in the coming months.
Not all are, but this thread has been grim.

You're right, as I and most on here have said, get it binned or changed, it's an utter riddy.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
9 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

Thank you, c***s,

I’m not seeing the connection here 

Don’t we already have legislation that deals with this? 

If they weren’t football fans would it have been acceptable to sing these songs under the law?

i have absolutely no idea what is being chanted here ? i'm taking a guess its something staunch.

*edit....after several listens i believe its that famine shite ? you'll never stop this, because the belief of protestant superiority is decades old and is in every walk of life, from jobless scrounger, to high court judge.

Edited by Meldrew

4 minutes ago, Meldrew said:

i have absolutely no idea what is being chanted here ? i'm taking a guess its something staunch.

"The famine's over, why don't you go home" Not you m8, that's what they were singing..

Guest Bob Mahelp

The only way to keep these scumbags from singing these songs publicly is to punish the club. 

Scottish authorities, long terrified of the influence of the OF, simply refuse to do it. Yet UEFA cut out sectarian singing at Ibrox in 5 minutes by punishing the club directly. 

No fannying about, no excuses. They did it, and the fans stopped it (at least in the ground). 

In Scotland, we seem to have went around in circles with this for the last 100 years or more. The SNP tried to legislate, but that was shouted down by other parties and by fans of both Celtic and Rangers, who wanted the law only to apply to the other side and not to them. 

At what point in the 21st century do we finally say enough is enough, and start deducting points from the clubs involved ?

25 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

The only way to keep these scumbags from singing these songs publicly is to punish the club. 

Scottish authorities, long terrified of the influence of the OF, simply refuse to do it. Yet UEFA cut out sectarian singing at Ibrox in 5 minutes by punishing the club directly. 

No fannying about, no excuses. They did it, and the fans stopped it (at least in the ground). 

In Scotland, we seem to have went around in circles with this for the last 100 years or more. The SNP tried to legislate, but that was shouted down by other parties and by fans of both Celtic and Rangers, who wanted the law only to apply to the other side and not to them. 

At what point in the 21st century do we finally say enough is enough, and start deducting points from the clubs involved ?

This isn’t just a football problem though, this is an issue within Scottish society 

Scotland has a long history of intolerance towards Irish and Catholics.

Football wasn’t the cause of it and football won’t resolve it 

Ive said it in another thread but it’s wild that we still annual anti catholic marches in this country.

29 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I'd recommend a fine that's big enough to actually hurt them or an outright ban on the club if it happens again.

Police seem to be taking a lot of flak for this too. Quite rightly. For them I'd suggest having days of chasing up as many as they can when this happens. Making plenty of arrests and dishing out fines.

9 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

This isn’t just a football problem though, this is an issue within Scottish society 

Scotland has a long history of intolerance towards Irish and Catholics.

Football wasn’t the cause of it and football won’t resolve it 

Ive said it in another thread but it’s wild that we still annual anti catholic marches in this country.

I'd bet the majority there only really care about any of that, is cause Rangers.

1 hour ago, Juanhourjoe said:

I'd bet the majority there only really care about any of that, is cause Rangers.

I'm disgusted that we have this on our streets in 2021, I couldn't care less about which football club they're associated with. I just want an end to this nonsense.

It's utterly embarrassing for Scotland to still be dealing with this pish in 2021.

2 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

Thank you, c***s,

The fact that this is being investigated by the police despite OBFA no longer existing actually confirms that the legislation was needless. Racist singing in public is illegal whether you are a football fan or not.

2 hours ago, Clown Job said:

they aren't anti catholic they're a celebration of the protestant faith

the fuckin' state of this.....

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/17662804.anti-protestant-persecution-orange-order-responds-latest-re-routing-parades-past-catholic-church/

46 minutes ago, Meldrew said:

they aren't anti catholic they're a celebration of the protestant faith

the fuckin' state of this.....

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/17662804.anti-protestant-persecution-orange-order-responds-latest-re-routing-parades-past-catholic-church/

Needing another perspective on this I think @The_Kincardine