Offensive Behaviour at Football Act cave in.

Glenconner

1 hour ago, Crùbag said:

Stupid to scrap this act altogether. Am already seeing triumphant bigots on Twitter celebrating.

So, it's not a perfect law, which law is?

Many of the arguments against it could also be said against rape laws and anti-racist legislation. Isn't rape just 'assault'? Would the Greens and Labour argue that crimes that are 'racially aggravated' be treated as 'normal'? No, I don't think so.

Seems like a pretty disgusting comparison to me.

Edited by The OP

31 minutes ago, Finch road said:

This is why you are a fat, sleazy, glory hunting w**k who fishes turds out of u-bends. Pity you weren't on the end of some C4 explosive. I absolutely despair knowing you are the majority of old firm fans

Wisnae the provos, it wiz wee pearce n at no

They killed 10 of us, plant a bomb to get 20 of them

In reality you would fill your pants at confrontation, a complete and utter shitebag i would swat away like a bluebottle.

We can only hope that ibrox and Celtic park collapse simultaneously and we might start weeding out the problem.

received_371234626625512.gif

2 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I think that’s the point

Although now we’re into comparisons of comparisons it’s difficult to tell

My drunken grammar aside I thought it was comparing singing the Broad Black Brimmer to rape.

9 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Fucking die x (if a mod reads this im joking) (if they dont im not).

How ironic that, on a thread about said legislation, under the threatening communications part of OBAF act you have posted on here something that could lead to your arrest were I to take offence and report it, but im not and wont since you are...

A. Rather upset

B. A bit of a muppet

Couldnt give a shite, so have a nice night x

Edited by Flybhoy

My drunken grammar aside I thought it was comparing singing the Broad Black Brimmer to rape.

I didn’t get the reference so I typed “Broad Black Brimmer” into Spotify

And now having heard the Wolfe Tones’ rendition I think it should be banned for being offensive to music lovers.

Not as bad as rape though, I’ll grant you that

Which is more than I can say for Ed Sheeran

Do people seriously believe that all Old Firm fans are bigots? Seems the way people are going on in here you need to punch a Catholic in the face just to get into Ibrox. 

The law is ridiculous. A "reasonable person" could find literally anything offensive, the law just means the police have the power to arrest and disrupt the lives of whoever they want to just cause they sang something "offensive" at a football game.  I'm all for stopping people singing the Billy Boys and other genuinely sectarian stuff but this law is clearly not doing that as you still here it at every OF game (as most of the wee team fans have said in this thread)

33 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Imagine getting excited about being able to sing songs about the IRA while watching the football.

Fucking weapon of a boy.

Magee is the quintessential Old Firm supporter. He suffers from a severe lack self-esteem, so he feels the need to attach himself to a successful football club in order to negate his own inadequacies in life.

His creepy, needy behaviour on here is a perfect illustration of this. 

Let him enjoy his IRA songs. 

Whilst I fully support the repeal of this bill, it isn’t difficult to see the motive behind James Kelly’s thinking. He’s reaching out for the ‘Magee vote’ and sadly, there are many thick football fans all too willing to fall for it.

Edited by Hammer Jag

40 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

Yes, let's encourage that.

That wasn't my point. My point was that people saying "they'll do this and that now" are completely ignoring the fact that it already happens. The condemnation from either Holyrood or the police in any public sense isn't there. No pressure. Nothing.

I'd wonder how many people will be arrested from the game between Partick and Celtic on Tuesday night.

The irony is it's the Celtic fans who happily belt out songs about their father's joining the IRA who will get angriest about rangers fans singing offensive shite. I wonder if they've decided 'well I want to sing songs about the IRA so I'll support the other side singing their bigoted songs so I can sing mine.'